Happy November in the Coffee House

This is the home of the PWYC, Room by Room, Eddie's, Laundry - Come check us out!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Gma

Re: Happy November in the Coffee House

Post by Gma » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:53 pm

absolutely, I wouldn't have traded my trip for opportunity to do extra raking/ mowing/ bagging :lol:

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:54 pm

Mom is Becca taking the bus some ?

(((supermama))) prayers for your dad

Eilerse summer can be bad too without AC or circulated air

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:08 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gma

Post by Gma » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:41 pm

ok, I'll admit to being a bit crazy :mrgreen:

I found out that my lawnmower had not been run dry while I was gone. So yesterday i brought it inot my kitchen to warm up, then took it back out this morning. 8 pulls to start! Instead of letting it just sit on the driveway to run, I walked it around my yard to "mow" mostly to cut up leaves instead of just sitting. Add to that normal scenario - it snowed 1/2 inch yesterday, so I appeared to be snow-bllowing my yard. And I was cold when I came in , so I called Time and Temp: 16 degrees Fahrenheit. No wonder I was cold!

That should give you all a little laughter for the day :lol:

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:38 pm

yikes GMA :shock: hmmm would a lawn mower work as a snow blower? :lol:

mom-91

Post by mom-91 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:08 am

Gma the joys of home ownership
Atlantic maybe you should try that mower blower thing
Still trying to fine tune Becca's finances

mom-91

Post by mom-91 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:44 am

Gma the joys of home ownership
Atlantic maybe you should try that mower blower thing
Still trying to fine tune Becca's finances
Becca does take the bus when it is still daylight out when she gets home

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:58 pm

that makes sense mom, lol the mower can't handle our snow

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:59 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Costumelady

Post by Costumelady » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:16 pm

Happiness is the first snowfall of the season said NO ONE EVER (no actually probably some people do but I abhor snow, cold and winter). We had our first snow today - just a light dusting that melted on roads and sidewalks. So not ready for winter, I have to replace the zipper in one coat and the button on my red leather coat. Going to gift my large winter coat to a student if it fits her.

Sorry I have been MIA for almost 2 weeks - I didn't realize it had been that long, I can't believe today is the 10th already.

Flyer - I am glad your heat came back on, how did you keep warm to sleep, you must have lots of quilts and body heat with hubby I guess. Do any of the boys still live with you? What is Greg doing now? Was your conference in town or did you get to stay in a hotel? I love conferences - kind of like a mini vacay. If my power was out as long as yours I would be panicked because of all of the meat that is in our freezer. I think we are going to get a small generator for just in case - it would run the blower on our gas furnace and keep our fridge and freezer in garage cold and charge our electronics - we would just move all food there. We have gas hot water and a grill for cooking. Camping lamps would suffice for light after dark.

Alley - glad you had a good trip are home. We will have to do another deep cleaning in a week before inlaws get here. I need to wash their sheets and really clean their bathroom and put out fresh towels etc.

Super - I forgot that your son's birthday was close to Ryan's = he turned 20 on Halloween. He wrote me the night before and said 9 more hours and I have beaten teen pregnancy - silly boy. Where are you planning to take your trip? Have grown up kids is wierd isn't it. Prince and I are going to plan a long weekend in Florida to visit some friends and visit Disney.

Mom - there have been many vigils and prayers about the shooting here as well. Our church wears orange vestments whenever there is a shooting and once a month for gun violence. Nice to hear Becca is doing so well and had a nice party.

Eilerse - I like Indian summers. I love that occasionally through out the cold we get wierd warm weather - once on Christmas day it was warm enough to power wash our house.

Gilli - motorhomes are great - we had one growing up - only way a family with 5 kids could take a vacation as often as we did.

Hi Laurlind - hope all is going well for you and yours.

I am trying to think what has kept me so busy for the last 13 days. Playoffs went well, we didn't win but I had an amazing team. Work just sucks all of my time, this was new people week. Once Monday starts I have no life until Friday and this Friday I was in a meeting all day.

Today Cameron is working a ball game - he has applied to MCCSC to be a substitute teacher. I hope they call him for an interview. He needs to go to training on Tuesday (only time it is offered this month).

We have one more week of school and then we have a week off for fall break/Thanksgiving. So 4 days of teaching for me.

Today I must submit my success stories for my region. One of my students we featured in this month's stories shared state wide. We have to send in 1 success story each month.

Planned all of my meals and prepped for the week. We do need to go shopping for a couple of items we need but really trying not to buy groceries this week to save money. Had to pay our property taxes and I forgot to save up for them until 3 months ago so it was a big hit to our budget. Need money for gas for hubby this week and a few items at the store than we need to not spend money. We are good about that once MOnday starts but we are great at spending it on weekends. Next weekend with be a stock up week. out of frozen veggies, out of bread, Milk, eggs, fresh veggies and fruits and a few specialty items. We have a ton of meat Hopefully enough for the winter- picking up a 1/4 of a pig Monday and a turkey a week from MOnday. I may order some salmon as well from the fish guy. I made a loaf of homemade sorghum sourdough bread - so amazing. sliced and froze it. This week we use up what we have in the fridge. Tonight making French Onion Soup with our Beef Soup bones and leftover onions. Drying the last herbs from our garden tower. I do still need to make cookies for church tomorrow. Not making extra for home as I need to stop snacking.

The next payment for college tuition is going to be due soon for both boys. I am really hoping the due date won't be until the new year as I have to pull money from investments for Ryan. Have money for Cameron. We also must do the FAFSAs for next fall when both boys are home.

Have an awesome week.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:30 pm

CL is Ryan transferring to a local college next fall? Hope Cameron gets the job. I hate snow and winter too. We got snow tires this week for two vehicles, cost over 1400 but were needed. During the power outage we didn't lose any food and I kept warm at work and multiple layers at night. The conference was local so no hotel, I like it better when it is away. I have to present a workshop the first week of December in PEI so get a night away. We need to get a generator but they are expensive. Greg still lives at home, works part to full time at Dairy Queen and taking three bourses at University. He realized that he could only handle three at once so will take him longer to graduate. Nathan lives by himself, just met a girl with a car yay only a little over a month until he can get set up for interlock system and drive himself after almost 6 months of relying on me. How is your Nate doing?

mom-91

Post by mom-91 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Atlantic never good when both cars need tires at once. Here we get by on rain tires.

CL good to see you.

We are into Thanksgiving prep here. Jason is going to try to set up his outdoor pizza oven for part of the cooking.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:33 am

Mom wish we could as it would be so much cheaper

Gma

Post by Gma » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:40 am

I might be needing new tires also. My brother, who sells tires (shop is 1100 miles away, so I can't get them there) says mine are fine for summer, but borderline for MN winter driving. First snowfall was a little slippery - I will continue to evaluate befroe deciding to spsend that money.
Still cold here. No let up in sight at least until the end of the week. Even newspaper said our "highs" are lower than normal "lows." Not setting any records for lowest lows, but may be setting or at least near record for lowest "high"
I don't recommend a lawnmower for blowing snow. It did fair on teh grass, but lousy on teh 1/2 inch on the driveway!

Had a fun day with MrVKM. He treats me so well, I told him he is spoiling me and that I enjoy every minute of it :wink: We went to an afternoon performance of The Happy Elf, then to dinner. My portion was so large I ate about 1/2 and brought the rest home for mother to enjoy.

Family will gather for Thanksgiving, and I have a very full week with Mother. Baking season is starting. After our 3 events tomorrow morning and early afternoon (indluding church) I plan to bake 5 loaves of rye bread. I am doing first part tonight - but discovered I am out of molasses! I have never been out of molasses! Somebody must ahve come into my house and stolen just that - nothing else is missing :mrgreen: so need to head to the store.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:29 pm

when is your thanksgiving GMA?

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Supermama

Post by Supermama » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Lest we Forget

I slept 17 hours. I have a cold. Waiting for my Dad's results equaled no sleep. And I was busy with work even with letting clients know I had a cold. every single one still came in.
The event I run is next Fri and Sat, much to do in prep and getting my own shop ready. Not a speck of house work was done all week.

ToDo
decorate shop/new stock
inventory
refill hand soaps
bathrooms
kitchen/dw going now
tub up halloween stuff
put away remaining outside stuff/ snow for 3 days
check basement/dehumidifier etc
email vendors

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:57 pm

supermama I hope you have lots of help!

mom-91

Post by mom-91 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:15 am

Gma I always think I am out of molasses and but more.

Remembering vetrans today.

Super mama hope your cold goes away soon

Atlantic our Thanksgiving is coming on the 22nd this year

Baked my pumpkins today to make pie and custard then.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:09 pm

thanks Mom!

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Costumelady

Post by Costumelady » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:14 pm

Sad news about Roo please go to J &C. Does anyone know how to reach Rosy Leah? Roo says she needs her and to have her email.

eilerse

Post by eilerse » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:12 pm

CL, Many thanks for alerting us--praying now for dear Roo and precious Mahni~

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:02 pm

checking now

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:03 pm

I will contact Leah on facebook