Hello - I'm overwhelmed!

This is the home of the PWYC, Room by Room, Eddie's, Laundry - Come check us out!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

mademma

Hello - I'm overwhelmed!

Post by mademma » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:22 am

Hi there,

I decided to do sth about the conatnt overwhelm that I feel with regard to my house, garden....
I have started Flylady several years before but lost track, of course, but I don't want to go on like this. I work from home but I still don't get this house completely clean (I don't want to live in an Ikea catalogue, what some general cleanliness and tidiness should be doable, right?) and tidy. It is a large house, several generations left their stuff here (my family), we have several cats, a new puppy (our belove dog died in June and I just cannot take it), a large garden and the house really needs some renovation, but unfortunately we don't have the money for that. It is not that the roof is leaking or some other serious stuff, but the windows need to be replaced sometime as some of them are getting blind, a new carpet and furniture in the living room (and it is a big living room, so the carpet alone would cost around $ 2000,-)and so I often don't know where to start at all. especially as I work fulltime, like my husband, adn I really don't know how to ever get things done. How do other do i? I absolutely have no clue.

Everyday I do the laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the floors, the dishwasher several times, cooking, tidying up the most necessary things, water my plants every now and then when they need it, take the dog for a walk, shop groceries, take my kids to school, fetch them from school, drive them to their socccer training and matches, to friends....so you'd think it is quite a lot that gets done anyway, but this only seems to be the basics. I never get things done like cleaning the window (oh, I do clean my windows, several at a time, but never all of them and so they always looks dirty.). I'd need several weeks, I suppose, to get this house clean and tidy from top to bottom, and to declutter all that stuff from us and my family (thos generations I talked about).

And now I was looking for some forum to get help and to be honest, I don't even know where to start here, there doesn't seem to be a step-by-step manual or sth like that. Please help me!!! or I'll go crazy soon!

Thank you!!

AlleyKat

Re: Hello - I'm overwhelmed!

Post by AlleyKat » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Wow, Mademma, you do sound overwhelmed {{{Hugs}}}

You came to the right place if you want someone to cheer you on, and *gently* hold you accountable. Welcome to the She Sisterhood

I usually post in the Coffee House if you want a place to post or Pandora starts off the Official Day thread, and there is Fun and Games to keep you motivated! Just look around and jump in.

I got my house out of chaos by the "Power of 15 Minutes"...you just have to do that everyday :wink:

mademma

Post by mademma » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:19 pm

Hi there,
thanks for getting back to me!
Well, some days are worse than others (did I mention I'm in the middle of my monthly PMS? I'm always a heap of self-pity at those times...it is getting better, though ;-)

So., this evening I emptied the dishwasher (for the third time today - normally I leave it like it is in the evening), I put all stuff away from the counters and the kitchen table, I cleaned all surfaces. Looks good to me! I only have to do it every day and work my way from there, adding other routines, right?

mademma

Post by mademma » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:20 pm

btw: the power of 15 minutes is just some task you do for 15 minutes, like window cleaning, or thrwoing stuff away, right?

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:32 pm

Good for you for emptying the dishwasher! I agree with Flylady that a shiny sink is the key to happiness, so I always just try to move the dishes down the line lol

Monica, the Power of 15 mins can be anything that works for you. I started, and still use, a box with index cards. And if I just do 15 mins of one task, over time it has to help, right? If you are intentional, then things have to get better.

mademma

Post by mademma » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:12 am

Thanks for the encouragement! I really need it! I want a house I can let visitors in every time I want :)

I subscribed to Flyladies emails but I have to take care not to be overwhelmed to read them all and then feel guilty. For example the morning routine: swipe the shower stall and the toilet etc. To do that it should be thoroughly cleand before, right? I mean, I get the impression it all has to be clean beforew I can even start with all that, and yes, it all is clean regularly, but only for a day or two and then it is all a mess again, I never catch up. I don#t have time for cleaning every day....oh dear, it is hard.

mademma

Post by mademma » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:15 am

anybody has a very basic plan where to start and what to do? I can't spend a full hour doing the morning blessing, I start working at 8 o'clock and before it is kids and doggie (breakfast, driving them to school take the dog for a walk - I get up at 6 am.) Besides that, our house is so big it would need 2 hours to do this. And then the weekends when everybody is at home all day, I get crazy. They all are over the entire house, leaving their stuff there (including my husband, who really does a lot, unfortunately so halfhearted that I have to do it all again anyway, so no help. I hate it.) I guess I'm lost :(

Musicalcatlover

Post by Musicalcatlover » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:05 am

Welcome, Mademma!
I think that some of the Flylady stuff is geared towards those who DON'T work payroll.
YUP, you get the "Power of 15 minutes."
We have just managed to get ah 3 extra adults to leave our house, so sanity is returning, but the messes are REAL!

My basic Morning routine:
Get up
Feed the kitties
Check on DH (usually coffee + make sure he's taken medicines){ he's home on permanent disability but mostly functional)
Breakfast/tea for me
Load or unload dishwasher/start if needed
Wipe counters (dealing with fruit flies as when I was in the hospital the counters didn't get wiped, and with fruit...) yeah
Start a load of laundry if needed
Think about lunch/dinner for me (hubby usually just cooks meat in his air cooker thing

Before work:
Get mail/deal
Pack up dinner +tea

Evening:
Feed kitties
Redo whatever needed in kitchen
Snack as I'm super underweight ATM
Help hubby with computer stuff or whatever
Shower

I don't have children young enough to drive around, tho I remember the added chaos of that.
However, I'm undergoing M-F medical treatment that takes at least an hour. I also work outside of the house, teaching music lessons afternoon/evenings. I try to do (or delegate) one of the WHBH chores every day.

I hope this helps!

kittykatt

Post by kittykatt » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:22 am

Hi, Mademma, and welcome! I think Musicalcatlover is right, and Flylady is maybe more designed for people who are at home, but I still think she said some very valuable things that apply to everyone, no matter what their situation. When she says " your house did not get dirty in a day and it's not going to get clean in a day" and "progress, not perfection" she makes very valid points. I think we're most of us guilty of "all or nothing syndrome" where we want it all done NOW. But truly, just a few minutes every day on an area will make a difference. I think Flylady herself cleaned a room that was overwhelming to her by just removing two items at a time.
I would also like to add my own saying: "our homes are not museums". This means that they are not static, but we constantly have "stuff" coming in and going out, things that need to be put away etc. For this reason, I don't think decluttering is ever "done" once and for all, simply because our homes are in a constant state of flux. There are always new opportunities, but if we keep an eye on it all we keep on top of it.
It's many years since I had a "normal" job, but I remember the schedule went something like this:

Before bed:
Pick up sitting room, load DW, load washing machine if necessary, to run overnight, ensure kitchen is cleaned up from supper and sandwiches made for the next day's lunches (either I or DH do this)
Check what we're having for supper the next day - do I need to get anything out
Lay clothes out for tomorrow

In the morning:
Alarm at 6
Quick Bible reading and meditation
Shower/wash hair/ moisturiser and sunblock/ clean and floss teeth
Make bed, do physio exercises
Scoop cat trays, fresh cat water
Dress (it's now about 6.45)
Downstairs - feed cats if DH hasn't done this
My breakfast - just muesli with added banana and blueberries
Assemble lunches
Unload DW (DH usually did this)
Laundry out of machine
Very quick Hoover and dust hall and sitting room (literally just the "middles" and a quick flick with my fluffy duster)
Back upstairs hang laundry if necessary
Quick swish & swipe bathroom once DH has finished. This literally took 3 minutes, as I used to do it during a news bulletin, and involved a quick wipe round the basin, polish taps with microfiber cloth, quick wipe over tiles round bath/shower and polish taps (I have hung a squeegee up, so whoever showers last squeegees the shower screen - less than a minute) quick wipe round toilet and bleach down it - I didn't always have time to give it a good brush, so would just let the bleach "sit"
Then DH and I would be OTD no later than 7.30 am
I had a menu plan for each day of the week with simple quick meals, used my slow cooker (if you prepare everything the night before all you have to do in the morning is flick a switch!) The more "detailed" cleaning got done on my day off, and MCL is also right when she recommends delegating chores. After all, if everyone is contributing to the mess it's only right they help clear up!
Now it's very different for us, as for the last 12 years or so until very recently, I had my own cleaning business, and DH changed jobs, which meant he has to leave at 7am, whereas I can be more relaxed! Now I do virtually all the housework, gardening, pet care, vet appointments and arranging for house maintenance, (simple things I do myself, anything complicated or involving ladders I get someone in to do it). He is supposed to sort out the car - repairs, servicing schedule etc, but I keep a record of when things are due on my calendar, so I know when to remind him. We split the cooking, with me doing a bit more than him, and share the clear up. He will also hang laundry, and irons his own shirts (I am very careful not to buy clothes that need ironing!😀)
I hope this helps. You can do it!

mademma

Post by mademma » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:27 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your plans! I already do a lot each day (similar to you), but I guess I really have to focus on putting things away, and those 2 pieces every day really seem doable :lol: . So I guess this will become a priority. I also will shuffle tasks a bit around, so I', more effective. Babystpes - I don't have to forget that I don't be perfect immediately!

trissie

Post by trissie » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:43 pm

mademma, welcome to the forums!

how old are your kids? maybe they could take on their share of duties?

re: the FlyLady system - I see its power in hammering into our heads that every little thing counts, and it's OK to stop after a designated time (and therefore it's also OK to start if you do not have the time to finish it all). The routines - for me, there are tasks that need to be done daily, and these tasks belong in the routines. However which task belongs to which routine, is entirely up to your schedule!
For example, the constant items on my morning routine are "unload dishwasher" and "self care". But starting laundry was part of my afternoon routine on days when I went to work, and part of morning routine when I was not working!

It's still a process, though... even after almost 15 years of trying, I am still not there and don't know if I will ever be (well... every time I could say I am there, I add something in my life which causes havoc...), but really it has kept me afloat even through the really tough times!

mademma

Post by mademma » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:54 pm

thank you all!

The last two days I didn't do a lot of those daily chores I normally do, maybe half of it. Too tired, top fed up. I try to start again tomorrow.
Just was outside in the garden. The most beautiful apples are lying on the ground and I could beat myself up for not having the time to preserve them or pick them up every day. We had tons of fruit this year and I was able to pluck and preserve only a tiny fraction of it. It is very easy to get really, really upset about myself for such things, but today I get upset with everything anyway, it seems.

How to you forgive yourself for things like that? Not being able to get it all done?

My kids are 15 and 17 and a problem in themselves :roll:

Costumelady

Post by Costumelady » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:55 am

Madema - please be kinder to yourself. Sounds like you do what we used to call the 3 D's Dishes, Duds and Dinner. Learn to accept work your husband does and know that something is better than nothing and have a kind heart to heart about how a job should look when completed. The bathroom does not have to be spotless to wipe down the shower or toilet. YOu will find as you wipe you are kind of cleaning. What I find way more motivating than a clean sink though I like that too, is a made bed. If I make the bed I do more in myhouse that day.

I work more than a full time job. My children are pretty much all grown up but I raised 3 boys with Fly Lady and they all know how to bless a house with me - we made it a family affair from the time they were very little. There were 5 of us kids age 3, 7 and 11. We would pick an hour on the weekend (realistically it usually took us 1.5 but our committment was an hour and we used a timer). We put on some loud fun music and made it a game. We had a 3000 square foot 3 story house so a large home. We had 3 bathrooms (2 full 1 half) So we put the oldest cleaning sink and toilet of the half, I would take a full with youngest child and hubby would take a full with middle son and we would race each other. My youngest would get jobs like wiping baseboards and around the base of the toilet - he liked wearing rubber gloves and having his own bucket. We set the timer for 15 minutes and raced it. This included a quick floor wash. We would set timer for another 15 minutes and see how fast we could change all the sheets and towels and tidy the bedrooms in the 15 minutes. We then took feather dusters and trash sack and a basket and split up the floors between my husband, myself and the oldest, and did a dust/junk collect and what doesn't go in that space collection. The middle one was in charge of emptying trash cans and the youngest got to dust all of the baseboards and wash the door knobs with a disinfectant wipe. The last 15 minutes were floors and kitchen. I would tackle the kitchen with youngest child (he is still my kitchen kid) and Hubby would vaccuum up stairs and oldest would vacuum downstairs and we would meet in the middle, main floor would be middle child with dust mop because it was all hard surface. (we had 2 vacuums) Now granted this last section usually took 30 minutes be we always would try to do it in 15. Finally we would clear out all baskets. I could have never done this alone - it was a family effort.

Now it is my husband, my middle son (age 24) and myself. Occasionally the 20 year old is home for weekends and in summer. We are so good at picking up after ourselves now we have to intentionally clean. We do dishes, duds and dinner, make our beds and have routines in place for grocery shopping. My son in exchange for rent takes care of yard, and keeps house tidy and clean. about once a month I help him and we do a big bathroom and floor clean and go out for Sushi on a Friday. WE wipe down in the middle. I change sheets on our personal bed once a week and we do 3 loads of laundry. I have hired cleaning ladies over the years when it was all too over whelming.

Take advantage of wait times. If you use a microwave, race the timer and unload dishwasher or load while it is cooking. Count how many items you can pick up during a commercial if you watch tv. Just like work is scheduled, schedule chores to be done. Have chore sheets for the children. My kids have done chores since they were tiny. It helps them become self sufficient adults. Husbands can be taught but don't be overly critical. My husband learned the hard way. He is particular about how the dishwasher is loaded and I kept catching him reloading my dishwasher. I explained that my dishes also got clean and if I ever caught him doing it again I would make that his permanent job and I would never do it again. We have been married 25 years. I rarely do dishes unless he is deployed. I will help now but actually my son does almost all of the dishes now.

Focus on one area at a time. I had to do away with the emails because it didn't work for me. Can you part with or sell some of your extra stuff. That might get you some money to save up for the carpet. What is under your carpet? We pulled ours and found beautiful hardwood floors in our old house.

Have the kids pick up toys before tv and bed. Teach them to put their laundry in a hamper and rinse out sink after brushing and to hang up towels etc. I was strict but any toys left out when in a box on a shelf in the garage. They had to earn them back.

As for the windows don't sweat the small stuff. Pick 1 room a week and wash those Windows. Never go to another room without carrying something with you to dispose of, put away etc. This is a concerted effort you have to teach yourself.

I have routines that fit in my week. I work about 48+ hours a week and I teach 3 nights a week, do direct marketing on my 4th night and spend 2 days a month doing activities for my Professional Development Facilitator/Treasurer positions.

I pretty much gave up tv. When I am good, I get up an hour early to exercise (got out of that habit since school started back), I plan a menu list and hang on fridge as my husband has to do much of the cooking M - Thu since I work 4 nights late or I crockpot before I leave for work or over my lunch break when I can stop home. You go through a lot of dishes to run 3 loads a day. We load it every night and hubby puts his smoothie cup in and runs it in the morning. Since we aren't home we don't eat much during the day so unload and reload at night. We actually do laundry while doing our Saturday errands or other chores. I am off most Friday's unless I have meetings so that is when I pay bills, run laundry , change sheets and do paperwork etc.

Do it one area, one step at a time, it certainly did not get here all at once.

When I get really overwhelmed, I go to the game page and do the Triple Dog Dare game - and break my tasks into groups of 3 and that really motivates me. I get overwhelmed. I lately have operated on what I call fire put out mode.

When I was a young mom, I still worked 40 hour weeks and I had 3 kids in music and theater and my husband and I both did theater and we were very active in our church (I was the SS director)- needless to say we ate out way more than we should (now we rarely do) and we were go go go. It became especially important to use slivers of time and work as a team.

My feeling is everyone lives in the house and everyone pulls their weight. We gravitate to what we do best. I am best with managing our money, keeping the calendar and organizing our food and menus and such. I am better at organizing and detail cleaning but hubby is better at putting things away from a box (boxes over whelm me) and floors, He is better with dishwasher, and outside chores, I prune my garden but I don't have a large one, I purposefully had a almost no maintenance garden planted. We do a once a year outside scrub down and a twice a year inside deep cleaning but we do bless the house at least twice a month. The cars get cleaned out every 3000 miles when we get oil as our oil place vaccuums our cars and we run them through the car wash and wipe them down inside. Laundry happens once a week sometimes 1 load at a time and sometimes all the same day and occassionally if I have dog beds to wash we go to the laundromat and do it all in 3 hours. (I do that seasonally to do large comforters too). Saturday is our grocery errand date day (we have grocery shopped together since we were married) We used to hire a baby sitter instead of taking the boys until they were older, then we would give them part of the list to go hunt down items and played math games of who could get the closest total for the groceries. We all cook together, eat at the dinner table together and clean up together. The boys had chores like shoveling, mowing, their rooms and bathrooms, the house blessing, their own laundry since age 8. Dishes and cooking duties as assigned. Cameron always did dishes and Ryan always cooked and it is still that way today. We built a new house when the boys grew up and we still have 3 floors but mainly live on middle floor. Upstairs is exercise studio and boy (future grand child) space and basement will be entertainment and workshop space and an area for me to run my direct marketing businesses from the house. If it becomes necessary I can totally live in my 1500 square foot main floor.

You mentioned your work at home - what do you do?

mademma

Post by mademma » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi Costumelady,

thanks so much for taking so much time to aswer my questions!

With every answer I receive, things seem to become more clearer. I decided to start now with a few things, like never leaving a room without taking some stuff with me to throw away or put away. I'll do the windows of one room once a week, this way at least a few rooms should have clean windows at a certain time.

When I think of it I realize we don't have much stuff lying around (kids aren't that young, thank God, and they don't have toys lying around - but puppy has :lol: ). I always use wait times for emptying or loading the dishwasher (we have a very small one, so we have to turn it on more often, but surely we could be more economical with our use of glasses, dishes etc (we already are, but with a few plates, a few glasses and several pots that thing is already loaded!). My problem is the cleaning. I don't clean often enough. We vacuum, we regularly clean the floors (they'd need a cleaning every two days, I guess, but I just cannot manage this. So it is twice a week.). But the deep cleaning is done maybe once or twice a year (cleaning out the cupboards, washing the tiles in the kitchen (we have a lot of tiles), dusting all our books (we have even more books), etc. etc. etc.

I'm working as a translator, so I often have to work at unconventional times, too, due to last minute jobs or tight deadlines. However, I decided not to do that anymore. Last year, I had no free weekend (really, none) and I hit rock bottom, health-wise. It stresses me out to work all day and see all the stuff that needs to be done in the house or garden. I don't get exhausted if I do household chores or gardening all day, it energizes me! But I really love my job, I only need to be more strict with regard to my working hours.

So, it will be one room for the windows once a week, never leave a room without taking stuff out, picking up stuff while I'm going (wherever I'm going) and try to get the boys on board. They have to clean their bathroom once a week, and to be honest, I don#t care about their rooms anymore. It is their realm, and if they want to live in a dump, then so be it. From time to time they clean it without me telling them to do so, so I'm fine with that (my oldest isn't such a piglet like the younger one, and he has a girlfriend, so his room is relatively clean all the time.).

mademma

Post by mademma » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:10 pm

...and I'd love to do some house decorating, esepcially for Halloween etc. But it never happens because I always think you cannot decorate a house that needs cleaning first. Maybe I'll try anyway.

trissie

Post by trissie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:26 pm

Quite frankly, if you don't have stuff laying around, the bathrooms get cleaned every week and the floors done twice a week and deep clean the house twice a year, I think you should just stop believing you need to live in a Better homes & gardens article! :lol:

I mean, if I ever get to that point, I will consider myself a domestic goddess! .-)

mademma

Post by mademma » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:27 am

no, that's not the case at all, far from Better Homes and Gardens.
This house is never clean and there is stuff around. maybe not lying on the flour, but I di have hot spots. It concentrates more on tables. My laundry is always done, but there are heaps of that laundry that needs to get folded and put away. The kitchen table is more a pantry than a table...such things.
And it's the old furniture in the living room: all 40 or 50 years old and simply damaged, torn and awful. I need to put blankets and covers over it all so nobody sees the torn pillows etc. I guess we can afford some DIY pallet furniture, but this is sth we plan since 2 years now and we never have the time to do sth about it. maybe in winter this year.

I'm certainly not one of those women you always tell you how untidy everything is and then you enter their house and it is like Martha Stewart exploded in there. I don#t let people in here and I feel embarrased if I need to. that's how it is.

mademma

Post by mademma » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:33 am

and did I tell you about my office? It is the king of hot spots :oops:
I had an online business from 2004 to 2013 and nothing but memories from it (financially). All that horror papers ares till lying around in there, in piles, in boxes, some of it already filed, but I feel such disgust whenever I think of that time and all the hardship it brought with it, I just cannot bring myself finally getting it all in order.

And I also have two cats who sometimes spray in the house. :evil: But I can't simply put them in a shelter, right? I'm responsible for them and I will stick to that. I have tons of cleaners for this and use them daily. It is getting better but I still find spray here and there.

Wow, I've never been that honest! Feels good to get it off my chest! But you probably have a really bad opinion about me by now, I guess.

kittykatt

Post by kittykatt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:51 am

Mademma, you can do it, one step at a time! I could never have a bad opinion of someone who is working hard to improve her house and her life. Yes, the overall picture may be overwhelming, but each little bit you work on will build up, and you will start to see a difference.
Until very recently I had my own cleaning business. The houses varied from one lady who had an immaculate house, and would apologize if she had been shredding paper and a couple of pieces had escaped onto the floor. At the other end of the scale one lady had a house straight out of "Hoarders" complete with piles of newspapers lined up in the hall leaving just a tiny passageway to walk through. I used to think she needed a skip rather than a cleaner!
I think what I'm trying to say is that we're all at different stages in our quest for a clean and tidy house, and the only way is onwards and upwards. Good luck! It probably won't happen overnight, but if you celebrate each small success, you can do it!
I just read your last post. Re the office - if you set your timer for 15 minutes at a time, you really will eventually start to see a difference. And please don't beat yourself up over the business. At least you tried - that is the important thing!
Re the cats, you have my respect as you're being responsible for them. A couple of thoughts - have they been neutered / spayed? (Yes, intact females can spray as well as intact Tom cats). They also may be stressed, and that's causing them to spray. The Feliway pheremone plugin - available from vets, and also online - can be very calming (it doesn't work with all cats, but I've found it very successful with my three cats). Is another cat coming into the house? That could be a source of stress to them. It may be a good idea to have them checked over by the vet in case they have a UTI. (UTIs can be very painful in cats, and can also make them behave in strange ways.) Your vet should also be able to recommend a good cleaner, which won't attract them back to the same spot.
Once again, good luck!

Tonia

Post by Tonia » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:59 am

Hi Mademma,
I'm just checking in here briefly to tell you that you are doing great already with all that you do. Please do not get overwhelmed by the big tasks you see looming. Try hacking away at them 15 minutes at a time and don't forget your breaks!

mademma

Post by mademma » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:57 am

I'm so grateful for your encouragement!

Yes, the business was a mistake, but my translation work is doing really well and if there wasn't quite a bit of debts left (in form of credits) we would be pretty well off. But we have paid all bills from my business (and boy, there were many of them...makes me sweat thinking about it all, no idea how I did it, but I did and I'm proud of it!) and we are paying off those credits in a normal way, so no problem there, too. Only we have to come to the point where every month there is some money left in order to have some savings etc.. But at least we make ends meet and even though we don't travel, or go out eating, we are able to buy stuff, good food, everything the kids need and we can pay our bills without getting nightmares. But the experiences from that one big nightmare from my old business is stored in every cell, let me tell you. Wracked my nerve system, my hormone system, my thyroid...but I'm on my way back. I'm pretty good at herbalism and alternative medicine, I do meditation, nature, my pets, my kids, my friends, it all adds up to getting me back to normal :D

The cats are neutered, of course, but some of them don't get along very well with each other. I used to have feliway, I guess I'll order it again. It has gotten a lot better, but now and then it happens.

I had the same idea about my office: just grab a pile and file it for 15 minutes. Shouldn't be that much of a pain.

I decided to decorate our yard for fall and Halloween. Have tons of potted plants and flowers anyway, and with a few pumpkins and a few lanterns or candles here and there it should look pretty. maybe a haybale or two, the cats would love sleeping on them in the sunshine!

This is pretty motivating for me and even if there are days where I'm so caught up in work or just don't feel well enough to add some extra housekeeping work, I decided not to beat myself up again for it and start the next day anew. Maybe my energy level is high enough to make up for the "lazy" day.

And I'm sooooo glad that I'm not a hoarder or sth like that - I know it is stupid, but at least I'm not that low with regards to a tidy and clean house. I could never forgive myself if my kids would be exposed to that much dirt that it is health-threatening, or that they don't have clean clothes or don't have a freshly cooked meal on the table, enough fruit and vegetables available at any time (yes, they love fruit and vegetables, yey!). And the rest will follow, I'm sure, especially with your help! Thank you again!"!