Happy September in the Coffee House

This is the home of the PWYC, Room by Room, Eddie's, Laundry - Come check us out!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

countrycook

Re: Happy September in the Coffee House

Post by countrycook » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:35 pm

We made it across the PEI bridge, it was foggy and rainy; looked like we were going into clouds.
We plan on heading home Sat. hoping I don't have to rive more thn 4-5 more hours today .
I found some gorgeous amethyst earrings and bracelet at Anne of Green Gables museum .

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:01 pm

just googled it CC and it may not be accepted in many stores, can you transfer your money from the credit card to your savings or checquing?

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:02 pm

sounds like a great road trip! are we still on for Friday?

laurlind

Post by laurlind » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Hope you sorted out the card issues. And that it works out for the 2 of you to get together

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:43 am

Super, thank you for writing that. My heart hurts that any woman has to feel the way you did, and am moved with pity for those that can't overcome it, and admire those who can live a life with joy, courage, grace and with a sense of identity.

CC, how wonderful! Yes, Discover and American Express are only for the states. I would love to go to that Anne of Green Gables museum! I can't believe you get to meet Flyer!

Gma, I hope you aren't overdoing it! It makes me tired just reading about what you get done! I'm glad you are enjoying Mr. VKM!

We are making another quick trip to Michigan for a beloved uncle that passed away. He was a father figure to my DH, so I'm glad DH got to see him a couple of weeks ago.

Waving to Laurlind, CL and the others I didn't mention by name.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:06 am

Alley I am glad your hubby got to spend some time with him

countrycook

Post by countrycook » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:10 am

I am exhausted, drove 370 miles aprox today . I haven't done this much drivinga in a long time. We're having angreat time .
Yes Flyer, we're planning on seeing you Friday .
I'll email or facebook you tomorrow, should hav an idea of the time . Can't wait to see you :D

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:59 am

looking forward to it too!

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:01 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

countrycook

Post by countrycook » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Wound up driving aprox 370 miles yesterday . Had an internal upset this morning. Took meds ,praying it settles down ok for long day today .

Please pray for body to settle down ,safe travels and wisdom so we don't have to back track much .

Gma

Post by Gma » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:24 pm

I hope you feel better quickly, cc.You must be exhausted! I had a gps take me 45 minutes to arrive at a destination that took only 10 minutes for return trip. I totally understand!

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:00 pm

hoping you feel better CC, praying!

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:00 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

countrycook

Post by countrycook » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Flyer- we're leaving Hillsborough NB, in. a few minutes . I guess it's about 3 hrs to you. :D

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Met with CC and what a lovely person she is. Wish we had longer to visit but I made a promise to visit her in the spring. Her friend is also a very lovely person!

Gma

Post by Gma » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:04 pm

:D :D How wonderful ! So happy you were able to visit. We do know that cc is a lovely person! And so are you, af!

worked for several hrs in mother's yard again. The yard is not anywhere near "done" but I am just about there :wink: My diblings are coming; I am going on a 2 week trip mid October. The leaves will fall, there will be plenty for them to do in the yard while I am gone. And in her house as well. They offered to see what I needed to have done in my house. I told them getting stuff done for mother was a bigger priority, cz there is so much I never get to that she wants done - garage, attic, basement storage that needs to be sorted through (as in stuff-reduction). That will be so helpful for me! I have sorted it so seasonal decor is separated by season. But I need their help in helping mother to decide what she can let go of, if there is anything they want to have, etc.
Maybe there will even be a space in the closet in the room where I sleep when I get back :shock:

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:34 am

GMA I am so glad you are getting away. Seems to me you are going to the Holy land? Are you going alone. Yes cc is a wonderful person and I wish I could meet you all in person too

Musicalcatlover

Post by Musicalcatlover » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:41 am

atlanticflyer wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:34 am
GMA I am so glad you are getting away. Seems to me you are going to the Holy land? Are you going alone. Yes cc is a wonderful person and I wish I could meet you all in person too
Definitely!
I've had a health issue go raring out of control. I was in 2 hospitals in the same week; the 1st let me out ONLY to go to the one where my doctors are.
My hospital did a small surgery, and some outpatient treatment is indicated-radiation 15 minutes a day for 2 weeks.
I'm exhausted and my house is a tip.The ah extra people in my house seem to be dragging their feet leaving-hence the legal procedure was filed. :roll:
My goals are rest and recovery ATM!

Take Care, Everyone!

Gilli

Post by Gilli » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:25 am

AlleyKat, thanks for the explanation about Java Janes - I hadn't heard of that nickname before and yes, we do have nicknames here in Northern Ireland. Pet names are normally given to children. The most well known one would be Lilibet, which was the Queen's pet name when she was little - I think used by Princess Margaret, who couldn't pronounce Elizabeth properly.

Gma, wherever you go, enjoy!

MC, I'm not surprised you're exhausted with all that you've got going on in your life. I hope the radiation and the legal procedure work to your advantage and you soon have peace in your home once again.

This house is constantly messy and having to look after Yuki doesn't help.

Have a great day!

Gilli

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:26 am

Gilli I hope you can get your house back to order

MCL you have been through alot, your house can wait, take care of yourself

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:29 am

Costumelady

Post by Costumelady » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:52 pm

Super - powerful post really. I am happy you have gotten to where you currently are.

MCL - Wow - prayers to you for your health issues, = Radiation? Are you fighting a type of cancer? My mom had radiation for lung cancer and my colleague for breast - do beware you may be "sunburnt" where they do it - both were so burnt in the area. Also prayers for positive resolution with the legal issue. The house will get back undercontrol, you have the tools you need to do that. Remember set tmers, do baby steps and count.

Flyer - it is so nice you and CC got to meet - you are the 2 I have met besides Roo. It would be so nice to have a SHE reunion.

GMA - enjoy your trip - I too am trying to remember where you are going. I hope your siblings accomplish a lot while you are away. Take them up on their offer for jobs you need done too, maybe one or two will happen.

I hope everyone affected by the storm is safe.

This was the first weekend I have totally had at home that included my Friday since before Hawaii. Cameron and I cleaned house yesterday. I still have items on my list to work on but I have accomplished many many things. House is pretty clean, have a new comforter and new sheets on our bed. We got rid of the big dog crates and donated them to shelter. I have made bread and frozen it. I have several other foods to prep up for the week.

Nate came home last night and is staying for over a week - he will be here through next weekend. So I need to figure out some food for all of us.

Cameron is really enjoying college now and doing a great job this go round.

Ryan is working at Waycross for an event this weekend and then will probably stop in to see his big brother tomorrow.

Prince and I came home and had a lovely 2 hour nap. I think we might see about getting us all tickets to The Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe that is playing this week. Nate would enjoy that I think.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:17 am

CL I have met You, stitch and CC. from here and Kat :wink: herine and her husband from the other board. Didn't you also meet GMA? A get together would be awesome!

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:25 am

Costumelady

Post by Costumelady » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:43 am

Yes I did meet gma, how could I forget.
What a lovely weekend. Much accomplished.

Funny story on Jamison the 3 legged cat. He has learned to use the dog door but that is not good because he going catting on whims. So Prince bought a permimeter alarm. Jami wears the receiver on his collar. The base sits by door and if he gets near the door a loud alarm sounds. So far it scares the bejeezus out of him but at least it alarms us he is making a break for it. We all come rushing to the door, that is probably what scares him the most. It is hysterical. It has gone off twice - we just got it today.

Well I still have things to accomplish on my list but I really did get so many things done. I need to pay a couple of bills and do my treasurer report for Friday. I may be able to do it on Wednesday too. Just has to be done before Friday but the bills should be paid soon. I am kind of tired of working though so may wait until tomorrow.

I do want to type of the freezer list - I want a magnetized white board for the freezer to write what is in there for meat and veggies and we can check it off as we use it.

Cut up 4 chickens today and we roasted one. Our freezer is stuffed full of meat. Must plan some meals for the week.