Happy May in the Coffee House

This is the home of the PWYC, Room by Room, Eddie's, Laundry - Come check us out!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Supermama

Re: Happy May in the Coffee House

Post by Supermama » Mon May 14, 2018 3:26 pm

So I picked up the lawn mower and cut the grass/weeds. lol
DD has an appt soon. May get the rest done later.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Mon May 14, 2018 8:59 pm

supermama you must be glad to have grass to cut after all the renos!

Musicalcatlover

Post by Musicalcatlover » Tue May 15, 2018 5:23 am

atlanticflyer wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:59 pm
supermama you must be glad to have grass to cut after all the renos!
Definitely! {{{Supermama}}}
Laura, we do babysteps for our houses; we can do babysteps on our diet, too! Probiotics help me lots as well!
Safe travels, Mom!
GMA, I KNOW you know that confusion can be a symptom of an infection in the elderly. How is your DM doing?
Your Mr. VNM sounds like a keeper!

Hi, Everyone! We didn't press charges, so son34 got out of jail. He tried being a 'piece o work' again, and everyone gave him push-back, so he got temporarily better. Today, when he threw a temper- tantrum as DNiece threw him out of their room when he walked in without knocking. His behavior to everyone else also was attrocious! As my SIL says, "She's NEVER met anyone as rude or insensitive as he is!" We didn't raise him that way!

Poor hubby FINALLY got son34's license glitch figured out from CA. son34 has alienated everyone, and even his cats try to hide from him. Yes, it alcohol related, but somehow he had some money left for beer. When he doesn't drink, he's pretty much okay. Now, he lays on the couch all day. I have to go to the DMV Wednesday and will offer him a ride. His actions messed up getting a car title for the car he's driving as well, and I have 4 documents to send to the DMV in CA tomorrow. :roll:

His probation is up ironically on our 36th wedding anniversary-Sept. 4th. As hubby says, if son34 doesn't get his license, he'll be walking when he gets kicked out of here...

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Tue May 15, 2018 10:07 am

hope all works out MCL, can he get mental health treatment?

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Tue May 15, 2018 10:10 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Supermama

Post by Supermama » Tue May 15, 2018 2:39 pm

Yes, thankful to have grass instead of mud. Also thankful it took 15 min to cut instead 2+ hours at old house.

DD and I had a nice day out yesterday. DS wished me a Happy Mother's Day. A day late. First time in 6 years. Also thankful for this.

Plan to redo my storefront window displays. Also a day late. lol

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Tue May 15, 2018 9:39 pm

supermama love seeing your relationship heal with your son

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Wed May 16, 2018 10:04 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Costumelady

Post by Costumelady » Wed May 16, 2018 2:03 pm

Today is Wednesday. I have 6 class days left - well technically 7 but I think I am going to be gone on Tuesday driving home from North Carolina unless we leave a day early which we might.

I have the morning off. So have some tasks to do.

Finish Annual meeting minutes and get them distributed to everyone as well as distribute other minutes.
Send off our PDF plan for next year as well as my ALPs.
Contact some students to finish them off.
Set up bills for Friday.
Make a couple recipes of bread and a cake
Figure out food for rest of week and maybe next week
Hardboil eggs
Make some tortillas

Ryan has an interview today to be a camp counselor. It doesn't pay great but it would be good experience, he can then work in a temp job until he goes back to college and may be able to do the temp job until he starts camp.

He has to retake 2 of his classes, he didn't fail them he got a C- but he can't get below a C and use them for his prereqs for major, so he doesn't get to start his TCOM Classes in the fall for his major, he will have to wait, his whole schedule changed. I think this will maybe be a good lesson he learned, I hope. I informed him that is 6 credit hours he owes me since I only pay for classes once. His senior year he will take a loan for the amount of classes he owes me as will Cameron. That way they don't have the 4 years of interest. Of they can pay for 1 credit hour a semester from their jobs so they still end up debt free at the end.

Super - 15 minute lawn is nice. Prince is really all about the yard. He mows it twice a week and edges, we have the nicest looking lawn in the neighborhood. He mowes on a diagonal and sweeps etc. As long as I don't have to I am good.

Our baby birds are up and exploring. Glad we have our video camera in the grill as I fear they would fall out if we opened it again. Ryan said a baby poked out his head yesterday from the hole. I think I will leave them some birdseed.

Hmm what to do first this morning. Hungry so maybe kitchen things first.

The lot next to us is finally being built on. we have a drainage ditch that runs behind the house. They have dug it out. We think they are going to have to pipe it and grass over it, we want in on that as our back yard floods too, if they don't pipe it and grassover, they will have NO backyard.

They sure get to work early. It is dug out and now waiting for basement or footer pour.

I have fallen off the daily exercise wagon. Must get back on.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Wed May 16, 2018 9:08 pm

CL Greg has the same issues with retaking courses

mom-91

Post by mom-91 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:43 am

retaking course should raise grades at any rate

CL hope the construction noise isn't too bad

Supermama that is good he acknowledged your role

MCL good luck with son

the ceremony was wonderful. bright sunshine on the deck of the ship the Constitution "Old Ironsides", got to see lots of family

now back home and trying to sort out what is first

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Thu May 17, 2018 2:24 am

Hi friends! I hope you are having a great day!

The first of my daughters arrives tonight, with the rest of the crew coming in after that. I will have all 3 girls, their husbands, and the granddaughter :D Tomorrow we will have a mini family reunion here with my brother, sister and mom. Then on Friday, we are going to New Orleans for a family vacation.
I have been waiting for this for several weeks, and now it's here lol.

I am very glad that I found Flylady, so I could get ready for company in a systematic way, instead of the night before chaos ;)

OK, I'm off to do that last few things.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Thu May 17, 2018 10:07 am

mom sounds like a lovely ceremony

alley enjoy your company!

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Thu May 17, 2018 10:10 am

mom-91

Post by mom-91 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:35 am

good one atlantic

Alley Have fun

lots of paperwork today, also errands
must remember to take Becca to orthodontist tomorrow

Gma

Post by Gma » Fri May 18, 2018 5:11 am

mom was hospitalized with bladder and blood infection, she is better, has returned home.
but it is all overwhelming
as I am trying also to coordinate the re-siding project for our cabin, which also involves picking out some permanent decking materials and new railing that we will look at for 25 yrs. and get it all chosen so ds can order it tomorrow while Menards ahs the 11% rebate. Which is worthwhile cz we are talking about >$1000 before rebate.
And today i told mohter I was going home today while she combed dog prior to bath - and she should call me when dog was ready for bath. I didn't even get into my garage when she was calling me. So I quickly changed clothes, and returned to mother's. Dog was not ready - still had another fur-mat that mother wanted ME to comb out prior to bath so it would not get packed together more.
I am tired! but home and plan to stay here for a little while. I have a recipe I would like to try, sounds like a good soup.
Dsis comes a week from today; I will leave and spend the weekend with Mr VKM away somewhere. We will each pay for our own rooms, and we will have a very wonderful time. I need to run away from home for while! And his work has been a little overwhelming for him too, as the company has fired (for cause) 2 others in his department, leaving him the only one to deliver >2 million $$ of product all around this state and neighboring as well. His job is not in jeaopardy - he has been there 6 yrs of dependability and reliablity, and is related to owner.
I very much like company of Mr VKM, but it also adds small stress as it takes time away from other things. Yet I think it is better to have him than not :wink:

I am going to go cook some soup the recipe for which was in the paper and looks very good.

kittykatt

Post by kittykatt » Fri May 18, 2018 8:58 am

GMA, I'm so glad your mother is on the mend, and also so very glad you have Mr VKM in your life. I think you're both very good for each other!

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Fri May 18, 2018 10:00 am

gma you certainly need the weekend away

morning mom and kittykat!

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Fri May 18, 2018 10:02 am

Supermama

Post by Supermama » Fri May 18, 2018 2:00 pm

(((((Gma))))))

Gma

Post by Gma » Fri May 18, 2018 7:33 pm

home. looking for bgd (butt glue dissolver!) so I can do some work inside my house.
My ds says I have the cabin check book. I thought he had it. I will believe him, as he is so much more organized than I. But I don't know where to start looking. I have so many choices where to look.
not a good sign.

I did accomplish a little bit - I have a lilac patch taht is no less than 30 yrs old. perhaps close to 40. I have noted several places hwere there are no leaves, no flowers. I was planning to cut everything back after blooming this spring anyhow, cz they are growing in to the alley and that impedes traffic. I went out there with a say to cut down the dead stuff. But instead of sawing, I ended up being able to just break them off at the roots, all by myself, without any tools, without even wearing garden gloves! Yep, that is really dead wood! Now I have to haul them away. I wonder if Mr VKM will be off work early enough to help me?
meanwhile, i was going to have a bottle of very sweet pop, turn on my "cleaning music" and see what other trouble I can get into, but when I look at teh time, I see that Ineed to pick up mother in 1/2 an hr to take her to physical therapy, so I have to change clothes, and I have 1 ewrrand to run on her behalf.
I wish I could transition from one activity to another quickly and easily/ I would get more done. I need to contemplate, plan before doing, and sometimes that eats up all my time! :(

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Fri May 18, 2018 7:52 pm

GMA we understand

Costumelady

Post by Costumelady » Sat May 19, 2018 3:23 am

Ryan was hired as a camp counselor. Today I made him take his Work Keys test and he earned the highest certificate he can earn a platinum level - I have never had a Platinum, Gold has been my best. I am hoping he can use that to work the last month of summer at a factory as a temp worker to beef up his bank account.

Prince is considering dropping his class - that wil cost us $350 because he dropped to late but he feels like he is not going to do well, he must drop by Monday before it costs even more money.

I was at a meeting all day left the house at 7:15 got home at 5.

We fixed an amazing dinner - it is fun to cook with Ryan.

I am so tired, I will check in more later.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sat May 19, 2018 11:25 am

what is a work keys test cl?

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sat May 19, 2018 11:26 am

all the years of scouting will help Ryan in his camp counselor job