Happy March in the Coffee House

This is the home of the PWYC, Room by Room, Eddie's, Laundry - Come check us out!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Supermama

Re: Happy March in the Coffee House

Post by Supermama » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:16 am

Hugs everyone!

I painted 2 railings. 1 small bite. Next bite is 4 doors.

At home....I waver between being lonely and wanting to be alone. Winter is hard. Tired of much. Had dinner with a GF yesterday. Skipped on other plans. Skipped on possible plans tonight. Happy to get painting done but a bit melancholy.

Been reading a book by Louise Penny. Recommended. I love her use of langauge.

Gma

Post by Gma » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:12 am

had a wonderful date, but all this eating out, I need to watch calories!
cz tonight my mom wanted to go to same restaurant with me and another friend.
And Mom wanted to go visit elder couple in assisted living, so we did that too.

I am home while she is going to bed early, and I need to return there asap. But had to take in my mail and stop by to cuop.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:55 am

you need to catch up with yourself gma!

supermama I have read Louise Penny, okay for first few books but then she got a bit boring for me

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:57 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gma

Post by Gma » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:48 am

full day:
church
local chorale society did Mozart's Requiem mass with orchestra and organ
then college organist and professor of music had a faculty recital. This is Women's history month. All works he performed were composed by women.
I especially liked the Prelude by Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel: It was for her own wedding, which she composed after asking her famous brother Felix to do it but he didn't get around to it. The stories are as good as the music!

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 am

sounds like a great presentation gma!

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:01 am

Supermama

Post by Supermama » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Morning!
My day off but shop is "open" waiting for a parcel. Sometime between 8am and 8pm. It has been my experience they dont come to the house entrance even if I ;leave a note to come to the back so I am "open" . Babygate to keep dog out of the shop and I am cleaning on the main floor so I can hear the door.
Spring cleaning bathroom right now. Glass shower doors are a pain. lol
Kitchen stuff next.

HUGS!!

Gma

Post by Gma » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:59 pm

I hope your parcel comes early in the day, supermama!

Costumelady

Post by Costumelady » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Do you get walk ins Supermama? Do you have a doorbell or something that alarms you they walked in? I do find long windows of delivery time like that annoying, hope you get a lot done.

gma - yes eating out is difficult to do and not over indulge, they give such large portions.

Well we got in Saturday evening. After unpacking, we did our exercises and then crashed as while only 9 p.m. here it was midnight back home. A little trouble with Jet Lag but the time changed in the middle of the night so instead of feeling 3 hours a head it only felt like 2 which might help in the long run. Yesterday we had breakfast in the hotel - good hot breakfast if you don't have food sensitivities. I got to have a small serving of scrambled eggs and some melon and pineapple and a bowl of instant oats which I put too much water in. It was yucky but I ate it as we hadn't been shopping yet. We went to visit the local Episcopal Cathedral for church, it was a lovely service. Then we went to the San Diego Zoo for the rest of the day. Had a lovely late lunch - I had Salmon Fillet on a bed of spinach and lettuce with a yummy asian inspired dressing. I walked over 15000 steps so my legs were tired and up and down lot of hills and steps so my booty was screaming too. Then we went and got me a new charger (left mine at home) for my computer and grocery shopping for the week - we have a kitchen.

This morning I had sheep yogurt with granola and berries and a gf bagel with goatcheese and honey. I will make something for lunch and though they have hordourves on the bar with free drinks, I will also make us a chicken stirfry and brown rice for dinner. Other dinners will be chicken and spinach vegan alfredo on bow tie noodles. We got a frozen lamb indian meal we will also eat on rice. We will have spinach salads with each and I will have some for lunch with crackers and cheese. I got a vegan mac n cheese box too. We plan to eat out maybe 2 more times but mostly will eat in. Going to hard boil 6 eggs to use in salads. Last night since I ate so little yesterday (besides tiny breakfast and light lunch we had 2 kind granola bars as we walked), we had these yummy grain free tortilla chips with a vegan cheese dip and no oil hummus (our own Nachos) so yummy. Totally hit the spot, I had not had a carb all day and these were ot that carby but they fit the bill. The grocery we went to also had my favorite coconut icecream 1 g sugar bar treat - they stopped selling them in my town so I bought 2 boxes 8 bars and I will eat them all this week - we are here 7 days of eating so one day I get to have 2 or share one with Prince. Now I know they still exist going to ask for them to be restocked at my grocery.

Must plan our evening activites today, I found some reduced cost theater to see and today is the deadline to get the deal. We bought a build your own go pass - got our zoo and hop on hop off bus tour and the USS Midway museum 20% off.

I have weekday plans to do some recording and such of materials for class. I have a list.

I want to record the 33 stories in Pink Book and 33 stories in Blue Book and record at least Form 4 and maybe Form 6.

I want to edit a powerpoint for my retail class and over record audio on it from the teacher edition to allow mystudents to do some self study and incorporate some games into the lessons.

Do follow up on all students

Upload some lesson plans to facebook group

Design pages for my boxes and a set up list for teaching assistnant.

Write up my stories on students and send out e-mail at end of week to encourage myteachers to also write up one story and submit.

Create a new math list and lists for other subjects.

Write up outlines for my April presentations and figure out what handouts I need to make so I can get those ordered early.

I know that sounds like a lot but I have 5 days of 6 to 8 hours to work on it. We will probably do our exercise after Prince gets off work - need to see how to fill up my weights - I could maybe do mine alone and maybe even do it a second time with him or walk on treadmill while he does his. they have a nice workout space but not sure I am comfortable working out alone. They also have a pool table and laundry. Really nice place. They have a pool so maybe I will go swimming one day and exercise that way.

It is nice to be quiet and leisurely, great way to rejuvenate.

Not sure how to record sound on here, need to research that.

Gma

Post by Gma » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:44 pm

sounds like a great trip, cl! Having fun and relaxation plus getting some work in as well!

I have worked on my bedroom, mad enough progress that I am going to reward myself with a couple stalks of celery and a trip to the city (indoor) walking track.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:07 pm

umm doesn't sound like much of a reward gma?

cl i had to work out alone when I was at conference last fall and it was nice as I have never done a treadmill before. I usually walk outside but it was a strange city and dark

supermama hope your package comes early. does Dd graduate this year? has she applied to universities?

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:08 am

Supermama

Post by Supermama » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Morning <3

Af- yes, DD is grade 12. She will graduate but is doing 1 more semester in the fall. Has a trip planned to England the following spring. She will apply for university this time nest year. She is going for Linguistics.

CL- I have a chime om my shop door so I can be in the house on the main floor, where my kitchen and office is and still be available to hear customers come in. I can do walk ins but am usually booked already.

Package came at 2pm.

It's March break for DD so no rushed mornings. Also no construction men in my home.

Need to clean floors upstairs before work.

Hugs

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:15 pm

linguistics would be a great career!

Supermama

Post by Supermama » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Af- a lot of possibility for a kid who wants to see and work all over the world.

Did upstairs floors.

After work - I decided to paint the railing base grey....so tape off and paint railing base.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:56 pm

looks like she has the travel bug supermama!

Gma

Post by Gma » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:13 pm

about 35 yrs ago, a number of people at our church participated in a project to make needlepoint upholstered cushions for kneeling at the altar. I was one of them. One section is starting to split; it is a pretty big tear. I have been "appinted- volunteered" to fix it. I have spent 4 hrs at church this afternoon working on it. Not half done. It is very time consuming. but will be done "right" (whatever right is - there is no manual of repair instructions!)
broke my specialty curved needle - need to go see if I can buy a new one - if there even is one made. The one I was using came from my MILs stash - she died at age 87, 18 yrs ago.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:12 am

Looks like it takes a lot of patience GMA!

Costumelady

Post by Costumelady » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:35 am

Getting a little annoyed. Made dinner for princes collegues because he told them 6. The dinner has been ready since 5:45 and it is past 6:30 and they have yet to show. It is going to be cold and soggy. How rude. This is not an easy kitchen to cook in. I am very thankful for my amazing kitchen and cookware. I have a lovely dinner prepared.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:17 am

hope they have a good excuse cl!

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:20 am

Supermama

Post by Supermama » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:23 pm

Snowing and blowing here too. Disheartening.
I painted the base of the railing and took out garbage last night. Which is better than not getting it done. :)

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:04 pm

seems like winter has one more blast supermama!

Costumelady

Post by Costumelady » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:08 pm

Guys got there at 6:45. Noodles were sticky and softer than I like but it was good. I guess we were waiting on one guy. They enjoyed the food. I didnt pull a mil thing ans start apologizing. I did offer to reheat for anyone and later explained they had had gf noodles and a cashew cream sauce but with gf noodles the longer they sit in sauce the soggier they get. Daniel then apologized for being late. Lesson learned have water ready and cook noodles after guests arrive. Sauce can be simmering in back. For a hotel dinner party it went well.

Hoping my room is clean. Tired of spending an hour downstairs waiting.

Tonight we go see a theater show called "A Little Night Music" planning burgers and mac n creamy sauce. Making up chicken stir fry and rice to eat tomorrow night so chicken doesnt go yucky. We will eat out Friday. Saturday night will be lamb indian dish and rice and anything left. Saved us a ton of money this week cooking. Princes per diam should more than cover the 2 of us.

We have done our workouts every day too.