Happy December in the Coffee House

This is the home of the PWYC, Room by Room, Eddie's, Laundry - Come check us out!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Re: Happy December in the Coffee House

Postby Costumelady » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:20 am

Happy Birthday Atlantic Flyer wanted you to wake up to wishes.
Costumelady

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 am

thanks CL and Happy Birthing day to you as I believe it is Nate's birthday too?
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 am

atlanticflyer

Postby eilerse » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:29 pm

Happy Birthday, dear Flyer! Hope you have a wonderful day!
eilerse

Postby laurlind » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:26 pm

Happy birthday af. Hope you have a great day.
laurlind

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:58 pm

thank you Eilerse and Laurlind!
atlanticflyer

Postby butterfly » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:01 pm

Image Happy Birthday, dear AF, and thank you for all that you do for us here! Hope you have a wonderful birthday as we celebrate you! <3
butterfly

Location: <3 Always Believe that Something Wonderful is about to Happen <3

Postby Gma » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Happy Birthday Atlantic Flyer! I hope you have a wonderfl day and a great upcoming year!
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:21 pm

aww thanks Gma and butterfly!
atlanticflyer

Postby Costumelady » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:15 am

December is flying by. Yes today is my oldest son's 27th Birthday. We go to celebrate with him next weekend.

I am getting that overwhelmed feeling again , I need desk time at school. Today I will have my prep and can work at end of day until nearly 9. Just found this again unsent.

Listing things here does seem to help me organize my brain.

Today
I just exercised and I need to make a shake and shower and dress
Massage
Work 1 to 9
At work I have a list to complete.
The biggest part of that is to update my spread sheet and make a list of students who are coming to graduation and send out check ups and make up list of certificates to make on Friday - this must be done today or taken home. I also must organize the robes on Friday maybe. Spread sheet has most of the names on it but still a work in progress.
Tomorrow I have a conference in green county all day - I have a sub but I teach tomorrow night. I am supposed to go to Choir practice tomorrow night for a bell thing for lessons and carols but I am seriously considering bowing out of this.
Friday I have an appointment with an urologist about my kidney stones and then a chiropractic appointment for my quarterly tuneup then a meeting with our marketing person about graduation a week from today and a Work One meeting at 1. I was to meet for our webinar at 3 but that is up in the air but I think I will go and organize robes so those are done before the weekend. We have a theater show that evening. Crazy busy day.
Sat I get my hormone pellets inserted and I am supposed to go to choir practice if I am still playing bells for Lessons and Carols. It is a one song accompaniment so thinking not. We do however play at both services Sunday which I will do.
Sunday is 2 services at church then done.

I am so overwhelmed with this graduation thing.

No time to just sit and think without constantly having to get up and fix things for people which makes it hard to concentrate. Unfortuneately I forgot to bring home to work on here but I really didn't have time this morning due to my massage which I desperately need.

On the home front:
I need to wrap and pack presents for our trip next week I still need to purchase 1 watch for Cameron. We had a huge bill yesterday - Prince's car needed 900+ worth of repair which was not in the budget so that extends our payments again. I should get about that in extra money so that may take care of it. I am supposed to get 1200 for being the PDF this semester, plus a semester of my new bump up pay which may be over 1000 as well plus my money from the teacher grant. So I am thinking between 2500 and 3000 extra which I was hoping to stow away but it will pay for car repair and go into our anniversary trip account and maybe a little in house or emergency account. I too am going to need some brake work soon I think.
Costumelady

Postby Gma » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:25 am

continuing to celebrate you all day, af!

cl, I am taking my mother, sister, and grandson to Children's theater on New Yrs Eve after noon. Grinch is teh holiday production this year.

bery tied up with helpi;ng my mother decorate her house. Hardly time to even eat abowl of soup - she just focuses on her project - at least it keeps her mind off her pain.
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:13 am

thanks gma!

CL you are crazy busy1 i needed 700 dollars worth of work done to truck today. not expected
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:14 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Gilli » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi Af and everyone else. Life’s busy here since Yuki arrived and now our dryer has broken down and I am having to dry things pn radiators.

Dh and I had a 10 day trio to Israel - lovely.

Have a great day!

Gillian
Gilli

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:38 pm

good to see you checking in Gilli! awesome about Israel!
atlanticflyer

Postby mom-91 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:52 am

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ATLANTICFLYER

you almost got belted and then bleated birthday wishes

It is very time consuming not having washer and dryer, now they are saying delivery the 20th. we hope so as we go to my parents on the 21st for a week

going to see stage production of ELF tonight, touring show, next week we see a high school production

Gilli I would love to go someday

Gma guess it is too late to teach her to use a timer. Can you magnify a condition you have into needing regular breaks, food, water, and / or sleep?

CL hope you got most done

Hi eilerse
mom-91

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:20 am

Mom I went without a washer for 8 monthes and haven't had a dryer in a few years. I line dry outside or on hangers over the shower curtain rod
atlanticflyer

Postby Gma » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:27 am

gilli - sounds like a wonderful trip! I am going with a college (alumni) group in October 2018. About the same length of time - but coming from the USA our trip will be 13 days, including round trip transporatation. I am really liooking forward to it. I am on my 2nd time through the Bible from cover to cover. so hope to finish that before we leave.

full day of festivities here. followed by dog to the vet, then to the pet store where Mom tried 8 (or more) different sweaters/ jackets on teh dog, plus we got her a harness instead of collar, and some bird seed as well. Left home at 4, returned at 7:30. Yes, shopping with 93 yr old takes time!

more decorating to do at her house - we had huge buffet feast for noon, followed by great program: A peace of my mind (see https://apomm.net/ )
now more indoor decorating and soup for supper are in order.
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:05 am

you will have a wonderful trip GMA!
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:08 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Costumelady » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:06 pm

mom - hope your dryer arrives in time.

Flyer - my grandmother never owned a dryer in my memory. She had an unfinished basement and her washer was down there and she had strung up clothes lines and she hung up her wash and then often would iron down there, in nice weather she hung it outside. She was an old fashioned housewife in a way - Each day had a task. One day was wash day and the next day was ironing day, she dustmopped the whole house each morning and it was always spotless. One day was grocery shopping day. Grandpa did the bills. One day was dusting day. One day was bathroom cleaning day. One day was sheets and towel washing day.

gma - Nate is the stage manager for that show - we get to see it next weekend! He said it is fabulous. He is the guy in the booth behind the audience - if it runs smoothly he did his job well. We fly in late Friday night and leave in the afternoon on MOnday.

gilli - glad you checked in.

Everything is getting done. I have today and tomorrow to finish my lists - just got 4 new graduates that will make the ceremony and I have 2 Tuesday night that if they pass will also make the ceremony and we should know Tuesday night if they did or not.So Exciting! Nothing on the plans the rest of today or after church tomorrow. I do have my monthly PDF report due tomorrow (10th of every month) and this list to finish up and I need to wrap presents and decorate the tree. So those are the 4 things on my to do list. Monday I must take my rack to school and organize the robes and make a check list on a clip board to make sure everything gets taken.

We have to do the normal laundry and bills etc. It is nice to have a laid back Saturday but sometimes I need the stress for motivation.

Have an amazing week!
Costumelady

Postby atlanticflyer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:05 pm

you too CL!
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:42 pm

atlanticflyer

Postby Gma » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:24 am

We have a local/regional Ballet school that puts on Nutcracker every December. I went for the first time this year. It was so much fun! The costumes were amazing, the dancing was good, (very good) and we had a wonderful time!
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:08 am

sounds enjoyable GMA! did your mom go too?
atlanticflyer

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Threads