Happy October in the Coffee House

This is the home of the PWYC, Room by Room, Eddie's, Laundry - Come check us out!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Re: Happy October in the Coffee House

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:37 pm

:lol: supermama glad you are getting there with the renovations!
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:03 am

atlanticflyer

Postby countrycook » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Good morning ladies
Lots going on up here in my neck of woods
Looking at a house Sun afternoon, may be buying . Have to work out timing, I'm not selling my house unless I can buy this one. Don't want to be homeless in the winter.Doing a bit of packing up,just in case.
Staying busy with Bible study and classes at church, work and cooking for" T"- my friend from church who's helping with handyman things. He's married to a cdear friend of mine -" E" . E is in nursing home with aggressive form of ahlzeimers. So we've been a doing a few things together . Yes, we're just friends it's nice to have somebody to cook for .
Thank the Lord, I finally received the settlement on my ankle, much much smaller than hoped for but a very nice blessing. Was able to pay off my credit card :D .
I'm going on a senior ( ugh, don't feel like a senior :roll: ) outing today with folks from church.
I had a fairy good time st reunion, it was great spending time with Sis.
So thankful I'm able to go on these trips, such a blessing .
I'll try hard to pop in before the next Friday 13 th :lol: :roll:
countrycook

Postby Gma » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:22 pm

cc, thanks for stopping by and giving an update! So wonderful for both of you to have someone to talk with. And I am sure he enjoys your cooking as well as the conversation.
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:23 pm

CC hope you can get the home of your dreams!
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:51 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Costumelady » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:05 pm

cc - what brought on desire for a new house - what is it like? I am glad you have a friend to help you and you can help him - I am sure he gets lonely too.

super - I tell people you will know within a week if SAM-e is a good fit for you. My masseuse who put me on to it, can only do the 200 mg pills a few times a week as she has a stomach reaction. I have no problems with 400 and my son takes 500mg. I am about to try some turmeric capsules for arthritis - I have heard they are good for pain management but other than cooking with turmeric that is my only experience. Hope you get your list completed.

Took dogs to get toenails trimmed, getting ready to give them a bath. Prince wants to mow today and I need to finish organizing bathroom cupboards and shelves and drawers - he got them done and they look great! I also need to make a double batch of cookies for church to cover next couple of weeks and try to find people to help do clean up the rest of this month.

Don't need groceries. We may go check out habitat but we are out of money right now.

We also want to start framing in basement and he wants to finish trimming out the new front post. I need to make up menu list for the week and preprep what I can.

We have a casserole in the freezer we will eat sometime this week.

Tonight I think will have sauteed chicken tenders with roasted veggies. Tomorrow night is pizza and wine - we will eat out at Huhot for lunch. Tuesday is always wings and salad. We will do fish, caulirice and roasted veggies, the casserole, pork chops and red cabbage and gravy with maybe mashed cauli (need another head or I could use my frozen) That leaves one meal left for the week and not sure what I have left in the freezer but I am sure there is chicken or fish or pork left so one of those and whatever veggies are left. Next week will be a big shopping trip to stock up again.
Costumelady

Postby atlanticflyer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:51 pm

sounds like a plan CL!
atlanticflyer

Postby laurlind » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:33 am

From those numbers I might try a lower dose . That is exactly what happened with the other stuff I took though I am sure it's not even the same kind of stuff. I don't want to go through that again. I was sure it was that stuff almost a couple hours later. Been busy enough lately that I have not even had a chance to look and see if I can find it here. I did take my other vitamin drink a few times again.

Cc I hope things work out best with that house.
laurlind

Postby Costumelady » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:19 am

Laurlind - my masseuse recommends an enteric coated tablet and I recommend they be in foil packets as they are very reactive to moisture.

Well lawn and dogs didn't happen because we remembered their was an eagle scout work day and we went and helped with that - we have a few people to pay back for helping with ours.

Finished out 2 series from Netflix that we started this summer too.
Costumelady

Postby Gma » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:57 am

took mom to hospital yesterday with severe nausea, not able to eat anything. Probably bladder infection. feeling a little better tonight, all she had today was 1/2 cup chicken broth, and 2tbsp orange sherbet. Good thing there are IV fluids to keep her hydrated! She feels a little better tonight, but is still getting anti nausea medicine IV every 8 hrs. She wants to come home. I told her, eat solid foods without nausea medicine, and you can!
Gma

Postby laurlind » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:43 am

Thanks cl.more puzzles. Went out to dinner tonight to a community event celebrating local businesses. A big catered meal done by a local restaurant. No bread or pasta. Roast and potatoes and rice and a bunch of salads. Either i ate too much or something else does it too. Or maybe it was still just restaurant food in general. It's always so random what causes it.

Oh dear I hope your mom is better soon. Glad she is in care.

I actually made it through most of what I had to do today. Canned spaghetti sauce. Cleaned the shop. A quick run around we went to my sister's house for dh to see what it would take to fix some wiring. Plus I might have a piano. She has 2 sitting in the basement now. One she wants to repurpose as it's not in playable condition. The other is very playable I just have to find a tuner and see how much it costs for an extremely severe tuning. It needs some adjustments to make it sound good. I think just a tuner can make it good.

Only thing I didn't get to is whb some relatives stopping by tomorrow. Can do what I can beforethey get here.
laurlind

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:10 am

laurlind good luck on piano!

CL sounds like a busy day for you

GMa your poor mom, hope she gets back home soon
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:13 am

atlanticflyer

Postby eilerse » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Gma, so sorry that your mom is ill--always so frightening when they are so elderly. I'll pray for her. CL, I so admire the energy you and Prince put into your lives! Your home is going to be House Beautiful-worthy when y'all are finished. And Super, so happy your renovations are nearing the end (I hope). And dear CC, let us know about the possible new home. Hugs to all our CoffeeHousers!
eilerse

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:42 pm

hugs back eilerse!
atlanticflyer

Postby Costumelady » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:26 am

Thanks flyer - I wish I had Roo's flair for decorating - my house is very bare by comparison. Prince has been up and down the stairs at least 15 times in the last 2 hours or so trying to create a bottom molding for our offset post - the back of the post is on the upper step and the front of the post is on the lowerstep so we went and got molding and he is running up and down the stairs trying to get it cut correctly - he spent several hours yesterday trying to do it with something different. He is usually very good at these things. The climb is getting slower and slower each time and every now in them he curses. He is wearing his headphones listening to his book so not responding to me.

gma - prayers you mother gets better soon and they find out what is causing the nausea - I can imagine she is a difficult patient.

Laurlind - you might consider night shade vegetables - tomatoes, peppers, potatoes and egg plant - those where my culprits - and the ones that bother me most and they do cause arthritis type pain. Sweetpotatoes are not a night shade and I have come up with a nomato sauce that is easy to make and works great in place of tomato sauce. I do miss my spicey foods a bit and salsa but pain is so much better.

Time to go and make the pizza crust for dinner tonight and while that is baking I will color my hair and do a face mask and maybe work on my bathroom a little. I have not been very productive in the house this weekend. I let my evaluation upset me too much. There are a couple of what I consider really stupid rubrics that I don't do and I don't consider them at all necessary but he really hammered me on them this time and it got my defensive self up in arms and that is never good so then I stewed about it all Friday night after I read it. I had just spent the entire day on the road and visiting 2 of our region partners talking to their directors and there was so much frustration with Work One voiced and anger and just emotions for over 8 hours on my day off (yeah right) and then top that off by reading 2 beginnings and 2 developing comments. What this means is I am effective but no way I can get highly effective again. I truly do not understand why the fact that I get the most graduates from anyone in most of the state and certainly the most in our region, I get more College level scores and Work Keys tests, I help teens get jobs and work with parents to create a positive ending for these dropouts but because I do not write my standard and have them tell me on a scale of 1 to 5 how much they know at the beginning and how much they know at the end. So I did it this time but I guess I didn't do it right or the way he wants to see it done but he won't tell me what highly effective looks like to him. I can phone it in and be effective and I would still be effective if I did none of what I do so why can't I be considered highly effective when I AM. I hate ruberics created by non teachers that drive how we are evaluated.

Have a good week - October is flying. I will be putting up 5 new graduation hats on my door and 7 more are taking it this week and about 5 next week, so by the end of October I should have over 20 graduates in my first 2.5 months - not too shabby - no one else has even gotten a level gain. Every student that is testing also tested to a level gain if they needed to and half of them have taken their college entrance exams already as well and some have their National Career Readiness Certificate. I will just keep doing what I am doing. My observations are over for the year - yeah!
Costumelady

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:03 am

(((Cl))) I work for government so understand the hate of bueracracy
atlanticflyer

Postby Gma » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

cl, looks like highly effective by outcome measures to me! Guess they are trying to measure process instead of outcome? :P on them!

thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. She is getting better slowly. Might come home tomorrow night (her medicine is given IV at 9pm) after that, or Tuesday morning. I, of course, got nothing done today to get ready for her to come home. It is after 9pm and I am still in my church clothes from this morning. But I am at home, and ready to change clothes, get ready for morning class, then go sleep at her house so her ddog is not alone!

tired!
Gma

Postby laurlind » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:50 am

You know I guess I do use peppers a lot. Potatoes some. Never had eggplant. Maybe I should try cutting out the peppers.

Somehow missed our company today they must have misunderstood when church was. The must have gotten to town shortly after it started and left us a note. Just settled down to deciding I might have an afternoon off when mom called. Could we come help them do something. Then took us out for supper. Bleh now I feel it again. Out for supper is not a treat any more. Cleaned the office and now I'm home again. Fighting off that headache that came back again .
laurlind

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:56 am

sorry you missed your company laurlind

gma hope your mom can come home soon
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:58 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Gma » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:37 pm

FINALLY my mom is feeling better and getting her appetite back. she may come home late this evening after her 9pm dose of medicine.
I am wokring like crazy to clean out my car, I raked a portion of her lwan, and I have some of the bookcase I am working on as next up when I finsih my car. then I will go to see her - briefly - because I have a class (we both registered) from 7-9 pm. You know we are night owls, so I can pick her up after that, if it is OK with the hospital.

oops forgot to send, now done with th ecar, changing clothes so I can work on the bookcase in my "paint" clothes.
Gma

Postby Mitzy's snl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:20 pm

Glad to hear your mom is better.
Mitzy's snl

Postby atlanticflyer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:24 am

Evening mitzg good to see you dropping in

Gma glad your mom will get home

Youngest is visiting a good friend at the hospital. He wondered what had happened to him as he agent seen or heard from him lately. His mom messaged some of his friends the other night to say he had been in a bad accident (car). He was finally moved to a recovery room and Greg and his friends have been visiting. His friend had a broken pelvis, leg and other broken bones and bleeding spleen
atlanticflyer

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Threads