Happy September in the Coffee House

This is the home of the PWYC, Room by Room, Eddie's, Laundry - Come check us out!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Re: Happy September in the Coffee House

Postby atlanticflyer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:02 am

good to see you reaching your goals CL!

laurlind good luck with appointments this week
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:04 am

atlanticflyer

Postby mom-91 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:02 pm

CL hope you got some rest. I needed a nap this afternoon after too heavy a lunch

lauralind no cavities here so hope your dentist visits goas well

atlantic they don't' really have a schedule yet for where they will be working and that is annoying for Becca. hope by next week they will be settled.
today she starts back to her adaptive riding here and tomorrow we tour the place she may do "tutoring" in reading and writing
mom-91

Postby Gma » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 pm

One of my knees is very sore. has been since my fitbit counted 27 flights of stairs at cabin on Labor day - I have been trying to rest it, but that is difficult with all the things mother wants me to do. My thigh muscle is sore on that side as well. Focused relaxation helps some. I am avoiding pain pills as much as I can. Last night, I slept in my own bed! at my house! So I could get it iced a bit overnight, then woke up to find that the icepack had leaked its gel so I had to wash sheets and my leg too!

Being a good grandma, I picked a few apples from my son's tree and made apple crisp for after school treat for grandson - who called me to say "I have some school work to do, and I want to play with my friends- Grandma, can you bring it up later so my Mom and Dad can have some too for dessert after supper?" Of course I said yes - we had a nice phone conversation about school today, then he wanted to go play. He said he had a snack at home he could eat.
cl, I hope you got some good sleep last night.
mom, it sounds like a slow start for the school year transition program for Becca.
af, nice autumn leaves - our leaves are turning! I always used to think of that as an early to mid october event. last few years it has been earlier, as has the spring greening and leafing out.

it is senior day at grocery stores here - if I plan menus for the week I can do some wise shopping.
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:32 am

Mom glad no cavities

Gma out leaves turned early too since we had a very dry summer
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:04 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Musicalcatlover » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Love these, AF!
Musicalcatlover

Postby Gma » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:08 pm

mcl - Minnesota official slogan is land of 10,000 lakes! But it is not quite accurate - we have closer to 12,000 lakes greater than 10 acres of water, plus another few hundred that are smaller. And we have a Renaissance fair too.

Herberger's has "good will sale" starting today. Bring in white elepahnts or used clothing or linens, and get a coupon for 20% off just about everything in the wstore. I preordered some new perfume so going to pick it up. Along iwth running a bunch of errands for mother, after setting her up to work in her garage to go through 4 boxes for HER garage sale (that will leave 2 tables more of boxes and a 4 shelf unit of things that didn't sell 3 or 4 yrs ago, lasat time she had a sale. This time, anything that doesn't sell will go to Salvation Army, ASAP!
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:35 pm

I agree gma, get rid of it!

thanks MSC!
atlanticflyer

Postby countrycook » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:38 pm

Oh my, how did it manage to be this far into Sept and I haven't posted :shock:
I'm doing ok. Had some good answers to prayer- lppks like I should be getting my settlement $ fairly soon , bad news ,not as much as hoped for.
Good news, think I've found somebody to build much needed attached garage, bad news - a lot more expensive than planned on.
Good news - went on ladies retreat with nice folks from church . Bad news exh showed up at my,church with his newsest lady- friend inteoducing her to folks while wearing a huge smirky grin :? :x
Good news- managed to do some canning. Bad news, my tomatoes are not doing well,won't have many to can.
Good news ,my job is still going very well; bad news ,my client has his house up for sale .

I'm going down to see my Sis this week- end and attend a reunion :? . Have mixed feelings about reunion, don't want to say anything about divorce .
Can't remember if I Said anything about a fellow from church helping me, that's going well, he does odd jobs and carpentry, I cook for him .

Hi to everybody, will cuop next time. I will make sure it's not so looonnnggg between times :roll:
countrycook

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:48 am

C.c love the way you always try to look at both sides
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:53 am

C.c I know it is small comfort but you won't be the only divorcee at the reunion
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:03 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Costumelady » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Hey ladies - I finally got sleep schedule back under control - had to take zquill for 3 nights which makes me very hard to wake up but last night I was out by 10 and up at 5:30 naturally. Much better.

cc - Love the goodnews but sorry about the badnews parts.

gma - how old is your gs now? So sweet of you to make them a pie. When is the Renaissance Faire? We will be in your neck of this woods this weekend. flying out tomorrow flying home Sunday - it is a whirlwind trip. Seeing Ghost and Abominables on Saturday - taking boys to Breakfast on Sunday and then flying home. We will be back in mid December for 3 nights with all 3 boys.

flyer - do you all do anything special in the fall at Kings Landing? Are your leaves turning yet?

mom - I hate when schedules aren't ready too.

hugs to the rest of you, time to go shower for my early and longest day of the week but also my last day of the week and all of my observations are done for the time being. Last night was a good one, they always are but I have had jobs where they have been upsetting so it does cause a moment of panic. But this boss loves me - we are very good friends and partners in several projects (we serve on the state board together he is the president I am the PDF chair) and I am the PDF (Professional Development Facilitator for our region of the state and he is on that committee with me as well as being my director. He is probably my biggest fan as I am his. (Prince calls him my work husband) I have never gotten a poor report from him in 5 years and he has nominated me for several awards of which I have received 2. When he first started and he would get overwhelmed he would just come and watch me teach math to escape for 30 minutes. It used to kind of bother me but then I saw it as the compliment it was and I got used to this surprise - they weren't observations he truly liked watching me teach. Now he has totally overbooked himself and he worries me. I notice he gets his blood pressure checked frequently from the nurse (across from my room) so Ikeep an eye on him and told him to not make me practice my AED training. I have known him for over 13 years sort of, he always came to my math workshops I teach at conferences long before he was my director. I don't think he has ever missed one. (no other colleague or director I have had has ever been to even 1 - I have taught 7 and he has never missed a single one.) Tomorrow we travel together to our monthly board meeting - he has been so sweet - the last 2 meetings he drives and then drops me off at place in the City- last time at the hospital to visit sister and then meet Prince for our anniversary and this time he will drop me at the airport. I think he would like if I drove. Next month I promised I would. He treats me like an assistant principal. I have priviledges no one else has - I have the ability to give the workforce tests and codes to look up scores and I am going to be trained to do work permits for the teens and I am the only teacher allowed to sign people up for the HSE test and have full access to all data. Because I teach at night and he is not always there and I picked up how to do all of the data entry and I always give computerized tests. My TA always takes care of testing for me but I am trained to do that too when I have to do it myself. What is kind of funny is the other teachers come to me when they want R to do something for them to see if I will go to him in their behalf because he never says no to me. Silly people. He respects my opinion but we actually don't see eye to eye on many things. He have opposite political views entirely, we are opposite in belief of legalizing marijuana, we do have similar Christian beliefs - he is Catholic and I am Episcopalian so we can have very interesting theological discussions and we respect each others views and listen and debate. We are very similar in teaching style and I have learned a lot of leadership skills from him. He says he enjoys my passion for my profession and appreciates I am a woman of my word and my boundless energy and work ethic totally is insync with him. We both have messy desks too but very organized minds. All the other teachers have neat desks and rooms and work their clock hours only - R and I are over achievers by nature and work until the job is done. I think that is why we get along so well. I adore my job and I best get to it, have an amazing day!
Costumelady

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:16 pm

cl we have apple fest and thanksgiving at kings landing. glad you have such a supportive boss!
atlanticflyer

Postby mom-91 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:40 am

stayed home to clean house and do laundry, neither done yet. did make lots of calls
mom-91

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:59 am

Calls are an important accomplishment mom!
atlanticflyer

Postby Pandora » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:04 am

Pandora

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:58 am

you too pandi!
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:01 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Supermama » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:03 pm

I just really need a staycation. For a week. Frazzled today. Happy. Frazzled. It is just all too much.
Supermama

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:31 pm

Can you book your self one supermama
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:23 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Pandora » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:23 am

Pandora