Happy August in the Coffee House

This is the home of the PWYC, Room by Room, Eddie's, Laundry - Come check us out!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Re: Happy August in the Coffee House

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:13 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Gma » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:34 pm

(((super))), that is horrible! was he bonded/ insured - probably not, but if so a way to go after the $ if he is. Did he deal with others same way? Can you join with them in prosecution? That seems like it could be so overwhelming, besides not getting the work done that you have so been looking forward to for beautiful living space.
((cc)) glad to hear your ankle is better. those exercise tapes can be eshausting, but every other day you can build strength
lauarlind, I don't konw what the drug is, don't konw specifics about tapering it, but would recommend talking to pharmacist where you get teh med, find out the drug's "half life" duration and get PharmD's input for taper. Sounds like MD wants it tapered quickly so new med can be started ASAP.
af, ihope youget some rain soon, and the ehat breaks.

I am at mothers, compute i s in my lap and I see that I am doing a terruble job of keyboarding! Need to get up, take dgson to piano lesson, pack to go back to cabin. will be there several day, finishing what I was going to do last weekend, but couldn't cz it would interferfe with what ds and ddil were doing.
We ahve overnight company coming Fri Sat Sun. I have cooking and entertaining to do too. Will plan menus and buy groceries after we get there.
be back next week.
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:33 pm

Enjoy the cabin gma!
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:02 am

atlanticflyer

Postby laurlind » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:35 am

GMA that was effexor that he was on and I tried. I am actually quite surprised all the reading I did on it when he first started it has pretty severe side effects and is highly addictive. Withdrawal can be nasty. Maybe having his cousin here has been a good thing. Sidetracking him. I don't think so he's reacted before with very flu like symptoms.

Busy day at work learning a couple new things. Then got the counting a little confused too. Oh well it's fixed now. Rest time for a bit then make supper.
laurlind

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:51 am

Laurlind sometimes it is best to not read up too much on things as it can make us anxious
atlanticflyer

Postby laurlind » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:01 am

Lol so true.
laurlind

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:00 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Pandora » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:52 am

Pandora

Postby Pandora » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:55 am

Pandora

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:07 am

good morning pandi!

up, did my walk, did dishes checked work emails and messages and now off to drive hubby to work then payroll myself
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:56 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Pandora » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Pandora

Postby Pandora » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Good morning Atlanticflyer. What pointless thing will you do today?
Pandora

Postby butterfly » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:05 pm

:D Good morning, AF and Pandora - it looks like it is raining cats and dogs in the Coffee House this morning :D ! Thank you both for the pretty graphics!

Hope Gma is having a nice time at the cabin - sounded like they were going to be doing some entertaining. Hopefully company that will chip in to help.

{{{{Supermama}}}} - so sorry to read about the contractor - it really bothers me that there are people like that in the world. Have you found out if there is any recourse that you can take? Sending prayers that you can get some money back and also find someone honorable to finish the job. Perhaps someone will give you a break when they hear what has gone on.

CC - prayers continue for your nephew. Also, I am in awe of how you are freezing the meals like you are. So smart, but just not something that I ever learned to do. I swear - you could definitely run cooking courses and people would love having the meals to freeze after some of them and maybe some of those cinnamon buns!

:D Hope everyone has a great weekend - ddyounger has some plans today so not sure what I will be up to. May be adventurous and take a longer drive on my own - got to check weather. If thunderstorms, I don't go anywhere! Otherwise, it would be nice to get out. Hugs to all!
butterfly

Location: And the day came when the risk to remain inside the bud was greater than the risk it took to blossom

Postby atlanticflyer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:31 pm

(((hugs))) back butterfly!

hmmm Pandi I don't think I have ever done anything pointless lately :?
atlanticflyer

Postby Pandora » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:33 pm

Atlanticflyer! I guess your weekends don't count then.

I am on my 3rd load of laundry. We went to the grocery store, and I made a one pot spaghetti dish in my new pot. I am aiming to get an afternoon nap after I hang up a load of clothing.
Pandora

Postby atlanticflyer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:41 pm

oftentimes there is little difference between weekends and week days. I really don't do anything pointless, sometimes I find out afterwards that what I did was pointless but not going in with that intention
atlanticflyer

Postby Mitzy's snl » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:02 pm

atlanticflyer wrote:oftentimes there is little difference between weekends and week days. I really don't do anything pointless, sometimes I find out afterwards that what I did was pointless but not going in with that intention

Same here.
Mitzy's snl

Postby Austin_Granny » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:05 pm

During my seemingly endless recovery from the colitis/C-dif hospitalization my Austin DD has been very good; I call her with a grocery list, she inputs it to InstaCart and in a couple hours someone shows up at my door with my stuff. Had HEB deliver some meds along the way too.

I've made a couple very short mini list trips to HEB myself but early this morning was the first time I've done a major shopping trip myself. I feel so ... well, almost back to normal life. Had them bag all the cold stuff together and brought it in first and put it away. Made additional trips back to the car for more bags and put each away. Down to just one bag of cleaning supplies to put up. Between loads I've had a nap, read, lunch and another nap.

96°F out there at 3pm, expected to hit 100° this afternoon. Started out dead calm this morning but we have a good breeze now ... I didn't want to stress myself doing too much at a time hauling in the goods. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: When the Home Health Care nurse was here Thursday he told he once again how sick I'd been and that a slow recovery at my (advanced) age was perfectly OK.
Austin_Granny

Postby Pandora » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:29 pm

ImageHello Granny! :D

Atlanticflyer, I found this for you. https://medium.com/human-parts/do-somet ... c1e66cdb91
Pandora

Postby Mitzy's snl » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Austin_Granny wrote:When the Home Health Care nurse was here Thursday he told he once again how sick I'd been and that a slow recovery at my (advanced) age was perfectly OK.

I don't see you at "advanced " age. Wonder how he will feel at your age. :roll: Glad you feel almost back to normal life.

Pandora, I read that article and it was very thought provoking. But like most people, I find it hard to do anything just because and not have a purpose.
Mitzy's snl

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:19 am

Agranny glad you are getting lots of family help

Thanks pandi for article and kitty :D

Mitzg same here

Most normal people can probably do pointless things but I am a workaholic, OCD, and hyper I thrive on the adrenaline
atlanticflyer

Postby Austin_Granny » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:48 am

Mitzy's snl posted:

I don't see you at "advanced " age. Wonder how he will feel at your age. :roll: Glad you feel almost back to normal life.

LOL. I'm 74. He's about 10 years younger. Been a nurse for 40 years, retired Army.
And he says 'elderly' now begins at 80.
Remember, this is my 2nd attack of colitis in 6 months, both requiring some hospitalization. And the mortality rate for C-dif is 10-30%, advancing with age, especially in hospital or care home settings. He just wanted to reassure me that slow recovery is expected, all things considered. When I mention it to my docs, they just nod wisely. The hospital was in no hurry to release me.
Austin_Granny

Postby butterfly » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:49 am

{{{{AG}}}} - I think you are doing amazing. The important thing to remember is that you are doing better, making progress, and that by doing things slowly and at your own pace, you are allowing your body to heal and giving it that gift of not pushing it too much. That is the important thing - seeing and celebrating that you are doing better, and giving yourself time for healing to take place. And if you get bored at any time, just come in here, and we will keep you company <3! And I loved that you said that Austin DD has been helpful with those grocery lists - it's amazing the resources that are out there!

You just keep feeling better, and I am sending love, hugs, and prayers your way! oxox

butterfly

Location: And the day came when the risk to remain inside the bud was greater than the risk it took to blossom

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Threads