HAPPY JULY IN THE COFFEE HOUSE!

This is the home of the PWYC, Room by Room, Eddie's, Laundry - Come check us out!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Re: HAPPY JULY IN THE COFFEE HOUSE!

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:09 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Gma » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:49 pm

when I think of a coffee pot, I remember the one that sat on my grandmother's stove in Nebraska. Grandpa would put dry corncobs in it and light them for stove top heat and for the oven.

http://www.clipartguide.com/_pages/0511-0811-0518-3641.html

the link will take you to a picture of a similar pot.
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:48 pm

darn have to pay for that one gma but will look for something similar!
atlanticflyer

Postby Gma » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:02 pm

OK, so I tred some other things, and got nothing to copy.
I googled "cowboy coffee pot" and found an image from Walmart - pot with mugs. But i couldn't get it to copy and paste.
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:05 pm

I have one copied and am able to add names but can't figure out how to find it's URL or how to attach it
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:12 pm

will work on it this evening
atlanticflyer

Postby Costumelady » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Hey ladies - I read, answer in my head and forget to actually really answer.

Nice to see you kittykat.

gma - so glad you got that kayak - I am sure you will have fun with that. I love to kayak - will have to plan a few outings with Prince this fall since we aren't doing a family vacay due to college expenses and Prince is hiking in New Mexico for almost 3 weeks. On your selling house issue. I think renting it might be better at first to figure out what you ultimately want. Of your 2 homes - which would you prefer for your forever home? Maybe even the cabin some day?

Flyer - I am so grateful that you take care of us. I was going to offer to help you from your call to help but you wanted Central timezone or further west and I am Eastern.

Gilli - laundry is a great thing to accomplish.

I am still having mojo issues but I have signed up for a Miracle Morning group starting tomorrow. I also need to do a little food prep for this week to help me out. Cut up veggies, make some infused cucumber,ginger, lime water. Cook up chicken, pork and fish and roast some veggies. Though I have time to cook this week I would be nice to not have to do anything more than heat it up.

I have 3 weeks till school starts and I want to accomplish something more this summer.

Back on a strict protein, veggie, fruit diet, with starchy veggie carb (sweet potato) one meal a day until Prince gets home at least. Daily exercise of some sort. Logging my food. Drinking a gallon of water a day and doing my cleanse.

Miracle morning is spending 1 to 2 hours before you start your normal day meditating/praying, Positive affirmations, Journaling, Vision board work, Exercising and there was one more thing - 10-20 minutes each for 6 of them. Starts your day off in a positive forward thinking way. It is based on a book that is sweeping the nation. I have read about 1/3 of it so far - working on it today. Easy read.

Today I wanted to do a little self care. Soak toes and give myself a pedicure, mask, thought about dying hair though I may wait until next Sunday for that right before Prince come home, wash sheets and change bed. Also the dachsund needs a bath as he sleeps under the covers with me so clean sheets, clean dog.

I really want to get my lesson plans done. I am trying to decide if doing one day at a time works best or if coming up with lesson plans for Math, writing, Job skills, science, social studies and reading separately. I am thinking in a way keeping on a one track of the same subject might be less distracting however if I do it one day at a time it makes me look at everything which might make it stick in my mind since I would be doing it daily.

By my count I have 21 days left before the first day of school. I truly need 18 shareable days for all of my classes and then an additional 6 days for my teens who have a 4 day week. Thinking of adding those at the end and make them more college prep related or getting their Office certificates or something. That is 24 days so even if I do 1 day a day I will be short. But 3 of those days are easy and could be done at the same time. I do 2 days of Orientation and 1 day of post tests with all of my classes. I am going to try to get that to 1 and 1 so I have a little more time. Part of each class is readiness tests and 1 of the classes is Work Keys and 1 is typically Accuplacer though I kind of like them to take that right after they test for their HSE.

I learned so many new things that I want to do this year. Google Classroom, Live Binder, So many apps and lesson ideas. I also have a whole 6 week curriculum on job readiness skills I want to incorporate and I already have a math list I use I just need to refresh it with some new activities. I want to make class so fun they never want to miss.

This is going to be the best year yet!
Costumelady

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:36 am

You can do it cl! I did send a cry out for moderators but only had offers from east coast she's but one stays up late and has moderated before. She will soon have moderator status when Michael answers my email and makes the change. I do need the help as some says we have over 100 spammed!

Nathan brought his new girlfriend over for supper. She is really nice
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 am

gma will try again tomorrow for coffee cups, having trouble getting the right URL
atlanticflyer

Postby Gma » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:46 am

af, I think even just a coffee pot would be nice - remember when you did the coffee house rooms each month? I appreciate your getting us started each morning with a nice quote and picture, plus a picture each month. I think when "roo" was in charge she put huge time into each month. It was creative but time consuming. You have so much else to do, we don't want to impose on your time too much - we really do appreciate all you do.
Gma

Postby mom-91 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:28 am

quick hi before I take off for niece's wedding next week
mom-91

Postby Gma » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:43 am

have fun, mom!
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:09 am

hi back mom!

thanks gma for the encouragement, i do like to add a quote a day for starting us off. i will continue to work on something else too as I am determined to figure it out :lol:
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:12 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Costumelady » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:35 am

Good morning, trying my first miracle morning routine this morning. Have an amazing MOnday.
Costumelady

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:58 pm

enjoy cl!
atlanticflyer

Postby laurlind » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Well what a long weekend. I am ready to start over. I found out that I cannot take that med. Took one last su day night and a few hrs later I thought I had a flu bug. So nauseous. Took the whole day and went to bed. Better in the morning. I left it till Saturday and took it I the morning. Saturday I thought I had a normal for me gas and bloating and such. Took it again Sunday morning and by after church I was not feeling good again. Didn't eat a thing. Nauseous and everything. I messed up our evening we were supposed to go to friends for supper. By the end of the evening I was extremely weak and starting to shake. Involuntary movement of my arms .went to er. They gave me a shot of graval. Made a big difference. Now I'm ok again. I won't be taking that one. And hoping I can switch ds to something else. Don't know how yet .
laurlind

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:00 pm

I thought ds was doing well on this med laurlind?
atlanticflyer

Postby Desert Bloom » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:21 pm

(((HUGS)))) Laura! I tried 'medicine' to help when I was stressed and overwhelmed and discouraged, and ended up just feeling worse, too.

Finally, the only thing that helped to change my life, was for me to make changes in the way I think, and how I do things.

You've been through a lot (((more hugs))) with DS's issues and the renovation, family issues.

Some of that is in the past, and at this point, the best thing to do is forget it (the Bible says "this one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind").

It's exhausting to carry the load of the past, and the load of the present, so, to change things for the better, the focus needs to be on now, not the past.

The place to start is with accurate information about where you are now. If you quit both weekend jobs, how much money would you have in the grocery budget?

And, what if you quit cleaning altogether, how much money would you have in the grocery budget? Do you 'feel' better at the idea of being 'off' nights and weekends?

Or maybe the better question is: do you like the idea of being off nights and weekends enough to write detailed eating plans and grocery lists, in order to spend less and be able to not work so many hours?

About nutrition: the body can't absorb nutrition that isn't eaten. I feel terrible if I don't eat enough raw fruits and vegetables. Have tried to not do it, always not good.

Also, as I understand it, foods containing artificial food dyes have to carry a warning label in Europe (because the dyes cause people to not be able to focus and pay attention), but here the artificial dyes are still legal, so label reading is necessary.

I've also found there is no way to feel really good without a whole body workout routine (even just 15 minutes) most every day.

One thing that could really help is a "Week at a Glance" calendar, which has all the days of the week, and all the hours of day listed.

Work at the store hours could be written in, as well as any sppionntments, or other things with definite times. Then other things can be scheduled around these items. It's so much easier to think and figure things out, with one of these calendars.

Sure it would take effort to plan and actually do the plan, but how wonderful would it feel to write "OFF" on all the evenings and the weekends.

It might even be possible to prepare enough extra food, during the week, that no cooking would be needed on weekends, just serve leftovers, or everyone can make themselves a nice sandwich.

Another thing that could make things easier is never ask anyone what they want to eat (unless it's for the person's birthday), just make what you planned to make.

It does take effort to plan, but the reward is not having the stress and overwhelm of trying to figure everything out every minute of the day.

Harsh as it may sound, I've learned there is nobody who is going to make me eat nutritious food, or take vitamin supplements. Everyone else is busy trying to keep their own lives going, so if I want to take vitamin supplements, I have to make it happen myself.

It's possible to have a whole new life, in a very short period of time, by figuring out what needs to change, and then changing it.

Feelings are caused by thoughts, so the way to get to figure out the cause of the depressed feelings is to figure out what thoughts are causing the depressed feelings.

If you are anxious, what are you anxious about? Can you fix it? Or, if not, you could 'cast your cares upon the Lord" and then go on and enjoy your life while the Lord is working it out.

And, sometimes, just solving the problem of being exhausted all the time, makes it much easier to think clearly and enjoy life!

Please know I am not trying to judge anyone who tries to go the medicine route. Just trying to encourage you that you can have a wonderful life, which you greatly enjoy, even if the medicine approach doesn't work.

Maybe these things aren't really the issues, and instead it is other things which are bothering you. These ideas are just to help get the thinking and fixing process started.

(((MORE HUGS)))
Last edited by Desert Bloom on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Desert Bloom

Postby Desert Bloom » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:32 pm

Costumelady wrote:I am still having mojo issues but I have signed up for a Miracle Morning group starting tomorrow.

Miracle morning is spending 1 to 2 hours before you start your normal day meditating/praying, Positive affirmations, Journaling, Vision board work, Exercising and there was one more thing - 10-20 minutes each for 6 of them. Starts your day off in a positive forward thinking way. It is based on a book that is sweeping the nation. I have read about 1/3 of it so far - working on it today. Easy read.

This is going to be the best year yet!

YES! This is going to be the best year yet!

Thank you for sharing about the Miracle Morning, Costumelady! I'd never heard of it. I used to have a similar routine about 20 years ago, some of the best years of my life!

I've been feeling like my Morning Routine could use improvement, and love the idea of using Miracle Morning as an approach to better focus and early-day time management. I'm ordering the book now, and also the workbook journal.

Thanks again for posting about this Miracle Morning approach! I'm very excited about giving my approach to having an organized first-few-hours a tune-up!
Desert Bloom

Postby Costumelady » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:50 pm

Desert Bloom - we just started a facebook support group for Miracle morning. If you are interested PM me and we can become facebook friends and I will add you to our group. Today was the first day. I got my book on Kindle. I really think this is going to make a huge difference. My motivation was surely improved today.

I actually did a 6 hour morning but that will get shortened to 2 hours when school is back insession, I need more than an hour. I awoke at 6 a.m. on my own (alarm didn't go off) and I did my meditation while waiting for the hormone that freezed your body to dissapate and thought about what I wanted to get out of the day. Then I spent 15 minutes doing bathroom things while I listened to a positive message. I then sat at my desk and I read from Fat Loss MIndset and went to my blog and journalled about that days topic. I also did my MK Success Academy assignment. Part of the FLM book was to visualize our future so I did that. I Got ready and and went to the Y - it is a 15 minute drive and I find I pray best in the car. At the Y I was late to my class and room was full so I instead set up all of my weight machines for 90 minutes and then I went to my hour long Pilates/yoga posture and balance class. I thought about the rest of my day and when I got home I just got busy. I unloaded and reloaded dishwasher. I prepped and cooked meat and veggies for the entire week and boxed up meals. Cup up veggies for snack, hardboiled eggs and made homemade hummus and I ate breakfast and then later lunch. Other things on my list were to do my 5 contacts (did 1) and work on lesson plans. It is only 10 til 7 so I may still accomplish some of these still.

This sure beats sitting around all day feeling sorry for myself.
Costumelady

Postby atlanticflyer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:46 am

Dessert bloom you always have great words of advice

Cl I wish I wasn't hyper and a workaholic so I could enjoy some quiet time. I do take a twenty minute walk to clear my head but find myself just trying to go faster and faster to beat my time :(
atlanticflyer

Postby laurlind » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:55 am

I need to fix my morning routine too. Might have to check that out.

Thank you desert bloom. Yes I could make a bunch of changes that would help a lot. I'm not even sure if it's past stuff that keeps bothering me. I think lots of it is just not quite planning right and then too much is happening at once . Sometimes it's just a sad feeling. I do need to learn to put things behind me better.

Mom gave me a drink mix vitamin to try. If it does as it should it can help with everything I have trouble with . Going to make myself use it up once a day. If it does it's job I might not even need to fill that new prescription.

Yes ds is doing fine on it. As long as we don't actually forget it for a few days. Then he gets really not feeling well either.

But I do feel better today. A lot. Just exhausted and very thankful Dd volunteered to come clean with me tonight. And she's cooking supper too. Only that will leave ds with all the clean up again. Kitchen is a disaster.
laurlind

Postby atlanticflyer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:10 am

glad your family is pitching in laurlind
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:12 am

atlanticflyer

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Threads