HAPPY APRIL IN THE COFFEEHOUSE!

This is the home of the PWYC, Room by Room, Eddie's, Laundry - Come check us out!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Re: HAPPY APRIL IN THE COFFEEHOUSE!

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:23 pm

yum cl!

same here gma, pigs, cows, turkeys and chicken. i did a turkey as I knew I was having two young adult males for supper needing leftovers to take home.
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:24 pm

I also like fish as long as it is not freshwater or tuna
atlanticflyer

Postby Gma » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:55 pm

We do like Minnesota (or Canada) fresh water Walleye. I also like the little pan fish known as Blue gill or Sunfish. When I catch it from "my" lake. (where my cabin is)
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:55 am

They always have too strong a taste for me. I like seafood like clans and lobster though
atlanticflyer

Postby laurlind » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:19 am

I have turkey leftovers to do something with tonight too. I worked at the store but the office is closed so very thankful for the night off. Only tomorrow with 2 jobs. I like that kind of week.

So I am getting a slight change of position at the store. I was talking to dh about it. I started during a really low staff time at the store. One coworker off on workers comp. One was supposed to go back to school and didn't then hired one more. Now that section has a lot of help. I am the quiet one and the others are doing a great job of it so I felt a little like I was left with not much to do. Dh mentioned it to the manager and he was already thinking about it. I am going to the housewares section starting next week. See how that goes. Less dirt and fertilizer etc to pack. And I will still stay at the front of the store for till back up and customer service. I think it will work.
laurlind

Postby Gma » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:04 am

that sounds like a good position for you, laurlind.
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:17 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
atlanticflyer

Postby Costumelady » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Glad we are back in business.

Today I get honored with the Benham Award for my work with youth. Feeling very humble and rewarded and recognized which is a nice feeling.

Tomorrow I take my math test which is freaking me out.
Costumelady

Postby Gma » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:11 pm

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE AWARD!

Amazing life - wonderful award one day, math test the next! I am sure you will pass it.

So goo to have the board back to check in with frineds! And I have a full day - hlep with Red Cross blood bank at church, then take mother to cabin late today The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow and the weekend. I hope to get the dock washed and stained before DS puts it out. I will need to find help to lay all the pieces out on the lawn - they are all in an organized pile, but I cannot lift them. I have called local Bible camp where we have volunteered - they offered to help US if we ever needed it. I hope the timing works out and there will be helpers. Otherwise neighbors may have adult sons who can help - if they have the time.
so will be gone a few days. If we cannot stain the dock ,we will find other things that need doing.
Will have to explore the new boards when I get back.
Gma

Postby mom-91 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 pm

I see some of my posts disappeared

http://www.yummly.co/recipe/Caribbean-P ... le-1979702
the plantain casserole I made
I like it
Jason thinks it is too sweet
Becca has decided she doesn't like plantains any more :roll:
you do need to wait for your plantains to get ripe so don't' buy your tomatoes the same day, I just used canned whole tomatoes

today I walked in the botanical gardens. made me want to garden but I really don't' have the time for it

Gma have fun at the cabin

CONGRATS CL!

atlantic I like pickerel/walleye. I find it very mild. I like all fish though

lauralind how great they have another area where they need your more at the store

mom-91

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:32 pm

Congratulations CL!

gma hope you get the help

mom I am with Becca, don't like plantaines
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:12 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
atlanticflyer

Postby lynnie591 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Good morning!

I haven't been here in forever, so I thought I would peek in and say hi!

I peek in every once in awhile to see how everyone is.
lynnie591

Postby Mitzy's snl » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:57 pm

So glad to see you again lynnie. How have you been?
Mitzy's snl

Postby lynnie591 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi Mitzy's snl!!! I have had a year of pretty bad health issues, but I am much better now. Thanks for asking. How have you been?
lynnie591

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:08 pm

Lynne! Heard you had some serious health issues glad you are better now.
atlanticflyer

Postby Costumelady » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:40 pm

Hey Lynnie thanks for stopping in we have missed you and I was wondering about you.

Gma - Award was amazing they had asked people to tell stories about me and send them and they made me cry - my old director and 2 of my coworkers from Work One and 3 of my students. My superintendent was there and my current director and Prince and Ryan and Braden. It was very lovely. I did NOT however pass my test - this makes try 4. I just can't remember enough of the Trig and Calculus and Finite materials. I think my only option is I am going to have to take these courses in college. While I have the ability to take them free at home I don't have the discipline. I will work on it and try again sometime after I can at least do more than I did. It is a wicked hard test. Have fun at the cabin but you always seem to go to the cabin to work - what about relaxing - I often wonder if you even know the meaning of that word (I know I am a go girl myself but I can relax when I want).

We are going to see Frog and Toad on Sunday.

Ryan's car went in the shop and we got our property tax bill in the mail, oh my. The house got postponed until May 1 - they wanted April 28 but we will be in French Lick at a conference, mini couple vacay until the 30th. Nate's grandmother (my x mil passed away early early this morning so Nate is coming home Sunday to Wednesday for the Funeral.

This is shopping weekend. Need to go to several stores so need to plan food for next 2 weeks, we have food for about a week so only need food for a second week. Missing specialty items. Have some online orders waiting to send too. Paid bills and even with everything we still had money left. Took out and saved back half of the property tax, put aside the payoff on the house (we are borrowing that for a year at 0% so will pay 2 times a month to get it paid off in time or sooner, shooting for September or sooner but have until April if I need it) The housepayment we do not have to make in May paid for Ryan's car to get fixed. Prince's overtime covered the first half of the property taxes, thank goodness, Cameron's downpayment on car paid first installment on CC. I fear I am missing something.
Costumelady

Postby atlanticflyer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:18 am

Sorry about the test cl
atlanticflyer

Postby mom-91 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:32 am

lynnie and Mitzy's snl what a day! Hi everyone

CL might be interesting to take a real class
sorry about Nate's grandmother

atlantic I would love to feed you dinner someday, but not plantains!

got lots done today. trying to figure out if I have to do coffee hour at synagogue tonight
mom-91

Postby laurlind » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:13 am

Sorry you didn't pass cl. I hope the course helps. I am not good at math. Did OK in high school but that was 25 or so yrs ago.

Hi Linnie and Mitsy I haven't met you much yet. Nice to meet you both.

Never tried plantain before.

Busy few days and I am relaxing and bit tonight. My oven is fixed. Taught piano lessons. A baby shower for a lady in church. Plus a dental apt that grew into more than expected. Ds 7 had a filling done the other day. And me too. Took a bit longer than expected making my Bible study ladies get here before me. But while waiting for me ds was frozen and ended up chewing on his lips. Poor guy was bleeding when I came out. Had to squeeze in getting that checked out yesterday it got infected. He's on antibiotics now hoping it starts clearing up soon. Looks really not nice and I think part of it is trying to scab which cracks and bleeds occasionally. Stressed me out so much I had a hard time sleeping the other night. Now I know it will get better but it must be really sore and I hope it heals up properly. Makes me think it will scar .

I had so much going on yesterday I didn't do well slowing down once it was all over with.
laurlind

Postby atlanticflyer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:57 am

poor ds laurlind!

mom would love to have a meal with you and discuss books and history
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:59 am

atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:25 am

atlanticflyer

Postby Costumelady » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:56 pm

It is a good day to fuel the soul and also catch up on things.

Today I must must must work and get my presentation for Thursday mostly done - I won't have a lot of time on Monday and Tuesday and I have to copy some things to hand out. I need to find out how to make a shareable google doc that I could just give a link to, do any of you know how to do that? I would then just put it all in a google doc and have that accessible online.

Taking Braden to Aldi to do his grocery shopping got to Kohl's and spend my Kohl's cash. He starts work a week from Monday (finally!) cross your fingers that he can hold this job.

Trim dog nails, order vitamins, order dog meds, order a couple of amazon things, get Ryan signed up for his summer orientation.

We are going to the theater this afternoon.

Prince is hiking this morning in preparation for Philmont.

April is barrelling to a close.
Costumelady

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:45 pm

cl where is he working?
atlanticflyer

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Threads