HAPPY MARCH IN THE COFFEE HOUSE!

This is the home of the PWYC, Room by Room, Eddie's, Laundry - Come check us out!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, AlleyKat, Webwoman

Re: HAPPY MARCH IN THE COFFEE HOUSE!

Postby mom-91 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:41 pm

laurallind the information overload in those meetings is really exhausting. glad it went well

Hi atlantic, I had my list written done but didn't' get it all done

Gma hope you got your chairs

CL just start back with the logging IMHO

Becca had theater class today. Jason is still sick. have phone appointment at 4
did buy décor stuff
still need more and to check if really need balloons
figure out dinner?
nomination email still to be written
mail
mom-91

Postby atlanticflyer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:05 pm

are you having a party Mom? sorry Jason is stil sick
atlanticflyer

Postby mom-91 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:27 pm

atlantic for sisterhood fund raiser next weekend. yes poor Jason is still sick
mom-91

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:10 am

Hope he starts to feel better soon!
atlanticflyer

Postby Gma » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:23 am

got to cabin
measured current chairs and table
attended area builders/ home show at civic center. Not many vendors, but the ones there were good. mostly. learned lots!
I can't seem to get my mother to leave her house for more than 24 hrs, so 1 night at the cabin. Note to self - it's better than not going at all!
back home now, time to get ready for bed.
may cuop tomorrow
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:28 am

sounds like a quick trip gma!
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:32 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
atlanticflyer

Postby mom-91 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:01 pm

atlantic Good morning
Jason was up for a couple hours yesterday

Gma glad you got in a quick trip

just figured out I wont' be able to attend the fund raiser itself as Jason bought Alton Brown tickets long ago. glad I did décor as that is before event.

mom-91

Postby Gma » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:30 pm

2017 is the 500 year anniversary of the reformation begin by Martin Luther, in Wittenberg, Germany. In honor of that, our local (Lutheran) college choir is singing the Wittenberg vesper (evening) service tonight at the college chapel. I am looking forward to it. And I hope by then my mother's pain will be under better control and that she can join me.
Glad you were at least able to help with the prep, Mom.
spring is arriving here - ice was out on "my" lake; Canada geese swimming along with some kind of small duck. I don't know varieties, and couldn't tell from the 50 yard distance from inside the house well out into the lake! Other lakes in the area I saw still had some ice, thin in areas and open water in others.

will also be posting on J&C.
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:41 pm

envy you grandma! same here, ice is thinning and open water is now seen

mom is that the Alton Brown the chef?
atlanticflyer

Postby Gma » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:51 pm

af, you have so much knowledge!

my mom had a rough night, spilled milk on her carpet. I need to go there and help her clean it up. At least there is a scatter rug besoed teh bed that got most of it, so that can go in the washer.
Gma

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:00 pm

gma hope your mom feels better
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:57 am

I was so mad after speaking to my mom today but don't know who to be mad at. My brother lives down the road from my parents. My sister in law was sleeping this afternoon which is fair as she works a night shift. My brother was not bothering to make supper. Either my niece or nephew called up my mom to make them hamburgers and bring them over to them! In a snow storm .she of course said yes. When I admonished her my mom said "well that happens when you have family next door." Then asks me if we are coming for Easter! One of the reasons I don't want to go home is I gate the way they take advantage of her and she let's them. She once told me it is because my sil threatened to take the family away to the next province if they didn't get help leaving my parents with no nearby children or grandchildren. My niece and nephew are young adults and my mom has been spoiling them their whole life. She still drives my be ice to the bus stop les than a quarter mile away and picks her up or my father does
atlanticflyer

Postby Costumelady » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:38 am

Ryan finished on my video for Wednesday. We had dress rehearsal today it went well.

All the work upstairs is complete - so today we did a little cleaning and touch up paint and reinstall the handrails and the attic will be complete! I will call next week for final inspection up there.

Then Prince is doing this electric sockets in the basement workroom this week.

Hopefully we will have some money on Friday to buy some wood to begin framing the basement - Ryan will help with that.

Once it is framed, they will run electricity, then inspection and then foaming.

We are combining a grad party with 4 of the parents so it won't be at our house but at a local church.

I have been doing training all week, I really need to study math too, I have a test on March 31.

Mom when things like that happen I think it was fate and you just didn't know it at the time.

gma - good news that the rug can just go in the wash.

flyer - Maybe your mom likes being needed too. My sister who lives near and now with my parents always gets more attention etc and we are fine with that. When the time comes they will be the ones responsible for taking care of your parents as they should. I however too finding going home not my favorite thing to do and now that my dad is gone I feel like a fifth wheel.

Back to work tomorrow.
Costumelady

Postby eilerse » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:40 am

Flyer, I'm so sorry to hear about this situation. IMHO, you are completely correct to feel how wrong this is, and I can understand how much it hurts, too. Isn't it sad that "threats" and unfair imposition work so well on someone who is kindhearted? Hugs to you, dear friend~
eilerse

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:14 am

thanks eilerse

cl yay on getting upstairs done
atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:16 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
atlanticflyer

Postby Musicalcatlover » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:03 pm

eilerse wrote:Flyer, I'm so sorry to hear about this situation. IMHO, you are completely correct to feel how wrong this is, and I can understand how much it hurts, too. Isn't it sad that "threats" and unfair imposition work so well on someone who is kindhearted? Hugs to you, dear friend~

YUP.
Musicalcatlover

Postby atlanticflyer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:03 pm

thanks MSC, how have you been lately? SIL issues resolved?
atlanticflyer

Postby Musicalcatlover » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:00 pm

HI, AF! I took SIL to the doctor, she ended up being admitted against her will as "combative." It saved her life as her thyroid was out of control and she would have died in a year. She's back with appropriate medicines, and she's actually a lovely person now! Her daughter (DNiece) + her DBF came over to visit SIL. They ended up helping hubby, as he is a WONDERFUL carpenter/drywall guy, and she painted my bathroom fantastically.
Last night, I stenciled the bathroom cabinet doors again. Everyone liked it; I have done better I think, but paint was too shiny, even after I sanded a bit. Hubby said it was like Van Gough; I'm hoping that was because there was a grey bird on one of the panels. :lol: I played for a political fundraiser relative/family friend? of my SIL's who is running for college trustee. DNeice +DBF are supposed to be going to work in the guy's law office. My wrist/thumb tendentious is better, but not well. SO, MAYBE I can get more done with my hands without as much pain. :)
Musicalcatlover

Postby atlanticflyer » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:34 am

Glad things are going well for you mcl and you are getting lots of help
atlanticflyer

Postby Gma » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:58 am

mcl, is your niece any help with her mother?

glad you are a bit better; take care don't over do and invite the pain back.
Gma

Postby Gma » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:08 am

:D Just had good talk with ds and ddil. with samples of colors, plus catalogue, for deck chairs. We came to what I think is good compromise agreement on deck furniture! And the table (that we are not! getting this year)that will replace the one we have - when it wears out - is already agreed on! :shock: And the one I thought they would want - the expensive one with the fire bowl - was NOT the one they wanted - hooray for my check book! (I kind of liked the fire bowl idea, but am very happy not to pay for it, and it does make the table look pretty big)

Now, I just wait until mid April when the manufacturer has a one day, 1 Saturday only, sale!
Gma

Postby Musicalcatlover » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:25 am

Gma, DNiece and her DBF have gone back. They were here ~ a week. We have a tiny house, so it was a tight fit. Yes, DNiece took good care of her Mom when they lived with Father-in-law(FIL). However, FIL had the sheriff's police come and kick them out, I suspect on a made up charge. They are always having drama, and some has involved calling the police, and once a few years ago, a court suit.
The "kids" will probably come back for another few days later, or maybe not...
As long as SIL is medicated appropriately, she is okay to deal with. She has some fatigue and health problems, but tries really hard not to be a bother, bless her heart. It was the GETTING her the appropriate treatment that was a problem!
Yes, anytime hands/wrists have problems, it's easy to over-do without even realizing it. :roll:
Musicalcatlover

Postby atlanticflyer » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:13 am

glad SIl is easier to deal with msc, is she still in an institution?
atlanticflyer

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Threads