July Jeopardy with Cleansweepers

Pick a game to suit your needs today. Challenges! BINGO! Triple Dog Dare and MORE! Something for every SHE personality!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

She'sFlyin'

Re: July Jeopardy with Cleansweepers

Post by She'sFlyin' » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:18 am

Yes, there are people in the old house and they can't afford to move elsewhere, rent here is around $1100/mo for even a 2 bedrm apt. Two homes are on this property. No, cannot move elsewhere w/o selling this place. That is what is so upsetting, I've suddenly lost a lot of value of this property and have no means to fix the situation. I am barely capable of taking care of myself & DD, and do not have the ability to do repairs myself. Hiring it all done is far beyond my budget, and would be foolish anyway considering the age of the house. Just the cleanup of this place is killing me physically but has to be done. I can't do repairs too. I blame myself to a degree for not keeping a closer eye on things, but to be honest, just walking across my LR is very painful so I don't check up on everything around here consistently like I should.
With home prices as they are, losing value in my place will have a huge impact on my living situation when/if I decide to move. Median home price in the city here is now $450,000. Not as bad in our small town but still out of sight, probably averaging over $200,000 for a small older 2 bedrm on a small lot.
I am pretty shook up about my situation right now.

All I can do is continue on here for now, and clean up all the buildings. I want 3 of them entirely empty, and the 4th nearly so. I am also going to do a major downsizing on stuff in my house, including furniture. I've got to get this whole place to where I can manage it with as little work as possible, and also be able to move with relatively little effort if it comes to that. Given my health, I also need to get rid of all the junk and excess around here so my kids don't have to deal with this if I kick the bucket suddenly. Argh, just seems like an impossible situation, and today's discovery doesn't help.

I've talked it over with a friend today and have made a few decisions. Won't help me with the current problems but should help with damage control.

Smile*Lee
Location: exotic Illinois ;) Joined SHEs on P&P's Webforums in 2001.

Post by Smile*Lee » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:39 pm

HSS Missions https://www.home-storage-solutions-101. ... -july.html

for Gma https://www.home-storage-solutions-101. ... ation.html
"It is the paper clutter, and I think it may take me most of the year to work through it, not just a week or 2, or even a month."

Bonus mission - Set up a donation and selling collection station for the items you declutter

Day 9 - Read Organized Home Challenge #28: Master Bedroom Closet https://www.home-storage-solutions-101. ... loset.html
Day 10 - Declutter clothes you don't like, fit into or are out of style (use these 9 questions to help you with all the clothing clutter
related missions) https://www.home-storage-solutions-101. ... othes.html
Day 11 - Declutter hanging clothes
Day 12 - Declutter formal wear and dresses
Day 13 - Declutter closet shelves and drawers
Day 14 - Clear and declutter closet floor
Day 15 - Declutter and organize socks and underwear

FlyLady missions http://flylady.net/c/sp.php#missions
July habit is : Swish & Swipe

July 9, 2018 - July 13, 2018
This week we are in Zone 2 - The Kitchen

Mon - :15 deep scrub stove top
Tue - deep clean silverware holder and around it
Wed - clean fridge of 'science experiments or anything that will likely become one !
Thur- clean drawer or shelf where plastic wrap, foil etc is kept
Fri - clear out and list what needs replaced of cleaning supplies ( and things under the sink)

Just in case anyone wants to go through this one again or start now...

A Bowl Full of Lemons http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/2018/0 ... ffice.html
Week 11 - Office

Smile*Lee

Post by Smile*Lee » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Good morning, Ladies!

(((She's))) Omg... what a mess. Praying for you for some good resolutions.

Just a little CI for yesterday. Got a good hour - fifteen in decluttering and straightening cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. Will continue today.

She'sFlyin'

Post by She'sFlyin' » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Thanks, prayers appreciated. :D
As you may have guessed, there is more to this story that can't be disclosed here.

So, back to Cleansweeping. I am late getting started today, but hope to finish the garage before noon, except for the few items that are too heavy to move without considerable help or equipment. Of course I'm I'm leaving the tenants' belongings neatly stacked in the garage but will give them 48 hrs to move/dispose of all of it. I will see if I have enough stuff to rent the dumpster yet. If so I will defrost the other 2 freezers this week and move them out. If not, will have to add the freezer contents to the garbage bin over the next several weeks and then defrost them.

Vergers, WTG on your DCing. Boxes and glass take up a lot of room.

SmileLee, good job on the DCing. Every :15 makes a difference.

edium

Post by edium » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Late start here today. I was up past midnight and then got up at 4:15 to make sure Ds29 had been able to adequately replace the bandaging before he left for work, on the major flesh wound he acquired on a finger this weekend. I have taken a bit of a nap. Will probably end up taking another in the high heat of the day. Most of the dailies are done. Dw is running and laundry twins are spinning.

For now I am getting ready to pick up a few more large limbs from the yard then head over to the storage unit with a load. I have a few calls to make as well and some paperwork to finish for the month.
I am determined to redevelop the habit of keeping on with the tasks of the day until they are finished. ( And not listing more than can be reasonably accomplished and still have some hours to do as I want! )

Prayers here She's ! Huge WTG on all you have been getting done !!! If you hadn't been making such progress you would probably not have been alerted to the need for intervention on the other house.

Congrats on the time dc-ing Smilee ! Especially with all the priority interruptions by time with G and friends and Li'l H … :mrgreen: And thanks for
keeping up with the missions list as pages change. :wink: You are one busy lady yet you keep up with soooo much.
Still waiting to hear more about the Israel trip. 8)

Vergers, to me your retired life sounds divine ! I need to follow your example of more regular time daily in the 'garden' work. I really need to get some lavender planted.

How are you feeling Laurlind ? Your new kitties sound delightful. They are so much fun at that stage. Mine are now at the stage of leaving footprints on the dining room table over night and trying to help me type while I'm at the keyboard. :roll: Or sprawling on the floor behind me so when I turn to walk on I trip over them.

So glad you had some time in your own bed Gma. Sounds like you made quite a bit of progress on your house too. Now to just hope it doesn't regrow the clutter ! :P

How is your Dmom L.Ann ? How is your summer of leisure coming along ? :wink:

Time to get on with it all......

She'sFlyin'

Post by She'sFlyin' » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Well, I didn't stay up 'til midnight, but was up at 3, so probably matched you for sleep last night...or lack of, to be precise.

Good luck with your storage unit plan!

Garage is done, or at least as much as can be done at present. Will need to get woodstove hauled off. Behind the last bunch of stuff I moved, I found a large metal implement, looks like it goes with the tractor. Very heavy! So will ask middle DSil if he wants it (he has the tractor). That will pretty much leave just the 2 freezers. Yay!

Then worked for awhile in my garage/barn, tossed lots more stuff.

Just as I came back inside, DGD called. That cheered me up a lot. :D Got updates on their situation and Baby C. DGD thinks I need to sell and move also. Told her of my plan to clean out everything here and explained it would take me a year or so to get to a point I'm ready to put the place up for sale. She thought it was a good plan. She and DGSil think with the market being so high I could get enough for my property alone (not counting homes/buildings) to buy a suitable place for myself. It's possible I suppose, with the right buyer as my property is a highly desirable type in a very good location, has full irrigation, 2 wells, view, etc. So maybe.

Headed to town to run a few errands.

Smile*Lee

Post by Smile*Lee » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:04 pm

She's ~ what about asking a realtor to come over and take a look at things. They usually have a much better eye for seeing what should be done and what isn't necessary. Sometimes, we think more needs to be done that what is reality. Who knows - maybe they'll tell you that you don't have to do as much as you think you do.

Hey edium! Glad you started here today. :mrgreen: ooo... Ds' finger sounds nasty. Umm... yeah... Israel trip. I should do that. :oops: :lol: ---- I am determined to redevelop the habit of keeping on with the tasks of the day until they are finished. ( And not listing more than can be reasonably accomplished and still have some hours to do as I want! ---- My dream!! :lol: I know that I would get a lot more done if I didn't procrastinate so much.

Been thinking about the HSS. This year and last year, I started out like gang busters. When things start getting busy - or I go on a trip - just stuff happening, I tend to not get to the HSS missions because it's not in the FL zone I'm working in for that week. SO --- next year -- I'm thinking about reworking HSS missions into the FL Zones, so I'm working in the same spot. I really don't think it would take that much to do it. Anyone have any thoughts?

vergerswife

Post by vergerswife » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:23 pm

I agree with Smile, She's. When my dad died and we inherited this house we asked a couple of estate agents (realtors) to give us a valuation for the house. One was completely off the wall and rather strange, the other was wonderful and pointed out things which would need doing, many things I had not noticed, she was right, all those things needed doing. She gave us two prices, one without anything being done and one with everything done. We didn't intend to sell the house but only had to give her a small amount £20 I think for a letter for the tax office for us.

I am glad you were able to talk through issues with a friend who sees the whole picture. We are here to cheer you on and encourage you. Carry on carrying on.

I went to the lunch club early and helped in the kitchen, I have been asked to help next week as well.

She'sFlyin'

Post by She'sFlyin' » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:52 am

Thanks for the input, ladies. It's always good to get different perspectives and hear others' experiences. :)

I simply have to get rid of the lifetime of junk that has accumulated on this place. It is driving me insane and is very depressing. If I move, I want it gone before a realtor even comes to look at this place. If I stay, I have to have it gone because I feel like it's dragging me down, know what I mean? It may be a Herculean task, but it's got to happen, even if it's just me doing it. Altho I must say DD is stepping up to the plate and putting out some real effort the last few days.

Once that's done, I'll get a realtor...or two or three...out to give me some estimates. It will be futile for them to tell me to fix this or paint that, because it's physically and financially impossible. When I sell it will be totally "as is", if anyone starts making demands I won't even discuss a sale because it can't be done. So that's where I am on that. As my DSil always says, "It is what it is."

Pretty happy with what we've accomplished this past week. I have so far to go, but I've done more in less time than I'd have believed possible. I think I'm about ready to rent the dumpster for the first load. :) DGD was pushing me to sell the place like it is now because she thought the work would take a couple years. I said no, she wouldn't believe how much I'd done this week. She said, "Yes, I would, Gramma, because I've worked with you before and I know how much you can do!!" :mrgreen:

Vergers, once you volunteer somewhere, they won't let you off the hook after that! :lol:

SmileLee, I think combining the plans is a good idea. I want to take several plans, pick out which tasks work for my home and my capabilities, and put them down on some sort of perpetual calendar, so each year I'm working through the same plan start to finish.
I tend to do like you, start out with a bang and fizzle out as time goes on. Then half the house gets done several times and the other half never gets attention. If nothing else, a person could do the first half of the plan one year and the second half the next year. :lol:

L.Ann

Post by L.Ann » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:08 am

Sending prayers and positive thoughts Shes. I have a small house and I love it. I would like an even smaller one many days. :roll:

I am thinking of restructuring things on the cleaning front as well Smile*Lee. It will take me 8 weeks when I am home to get everything in decent shape. I like to do major cleaning on one room at a time with just basic maintenance on the rest of the house. I want to try to do that 4 times a year. I think once I get everything done if I keep up with things I will be able to do it quicker than 8 weeks.... or maybe still take the 8 weeks and not need to be doing something in the room every day. Plans always sound good in my head.... :wink:

All of the talk of lavender made me wish I had some and the young man who does my yard said his dad was thinning theirs and asked if I wanted any.... so maybe I won't have to just enjoy the thought of it!

Smile*Lee

Post by Smile*Lee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:03 am

Are you saying that it will take 8 weeks in every quarter? Or 8 weeks total?

I was just thinking today about how you were posting the detailed cleaning. I suspected you had a small house. We have a big house. Sometimes, it's just overwhelming. I feel like I'm constantly trying to get things decluttered and such. That's why I think I need a new plan. Maybe doing the one room at a time is the way to go. Some of my rooms are done - but, like She's says - some never seem to get finished. I love it when we're out camping in our little trailer. So much free time!

vergerswife

Post by vergerswife » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:59 am

Yes L.Ann, you might as well take it as not. The lavender must like dry weather, we have had incredibly dry warm/hot weather for the north of the UK and it is the best it has ever been. The heads can be dried to make lavender bags but if left on the bush it is work in autumn to cut all the stalks off back to the old wood.

I hear what you say about volunteering She's. But I am in the place of 2 volunteers who have gone on holiday together. So at least at the moment they don't need anyone permanent.

Off to the AgeUK lunch club later. For goodness sake vergers, do something declutter wise before you go.

edium

Post by edium » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Good morning. Up and moving at 6. AC went out yesterday afternoon. I was napping and didn't notice until after 5. So as soon as the business day starts I must call and get someone out here. Since the whole HVAC system needs to be replaced, looks like now is the time.

She's, you are a pillar of strength and a stalwart example of what can be done with perseverance in the face of numbing circumstances !!!! Calling a few realtors to come out is a very good idea. My Dsis pushed me into having one out before I even had cleared most of the rubble ( other's clutter). It at least gave me a good idea what I could reasonably look at as figures for 'as is' and 'fixed' sales and what truly needed to be fixed. In my case I faced the fact that I cannot sale at this time which took away the difficult decision of where I want to move. :roll:
Hugest KUDOs for what you are accomplishing regardless of what you decide to do next. (Aren't you glad that the cost of chats with friends and new found family no longer have to be counted in minutes and miles ? ! )

Hehehe Smilee.... hope springs eternal. That is what new starts are about, yes ? And thank you for bringing up to me that my favorite English teacher was correct, I am the queen of run on sentences. :oops: :lol: Totally agree with the fusion of FL and HSS type thing with the schedule of ABOL. Use the energy of the start of a new year (and maybe fall coolness and slowing down) to get the major stuff done. Keep the rest of the time for personal and routine keeping up. Seems to be the way my energies trend also anyway, why fight it and just end up frustrated ? I am eagerly waiting your next step in this process. 8) :mrgreen: :lol:

Vergers, do you find your volunteer activities help provide a frame for your schedule and clearing and cleaning house ? Good to know you are filling in for vacationing colleagues and not so absorbed it could interfere with retirement. :wink: Thanks for the tip on lavender. I will curtail my enthusiasm for planting too much. Does it require lots of full sun ?

L.Ann, my house is probably what would be mid-size as far as square footage. What I like is the individual rooms are pretty large. The idea of a small house is very attractive to me, but small rooms make me feel very closed in and winter's cabin fever nearly unbearable. But I don't really find comfort in the total open concept either. <sigh> I really should just get a big greenhouse with some largish rooms built in for private spaces and install a fire hose type cleaning system. :lol: :lol: Keep planning in your head and on this board. Love hearing it and seeing how it can spark ideas in others as well ! Just another way of helping and encouraging each other ! Thanks !

Today must be nothing but a major push for packing and hauling stuff to storage ( while waiting for AC repair). At least I won't be balking because of having to go out in the heat. :roll:

She'sFlyin'

Post by She'sFlyin' » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:39 pm

vergerswife wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:59 am
I hear what you say about volunteering She's. But I am in the place of 2 volunteers who have gone on holiday together. So at least at the moment they don't need anyone permanent.
I think filling in for absentees is great. And you can always use your many activities and trips with your DH as an excuse to not go full time. :D

Off to the AgeUK lunch club later. For goodness sake vergers, do something declutter wise before you go.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

L.Ann, I hope you get to enjoy some free lavender. One of my DDs is very allergic so I can't have any around here.

I also like like to concentrate on major cleaning of one room or zone while doing maintenance on the other areas. I am terrible about maintenance so have to force myself to do that first before starting on new areas or projects. :oops:

SmileLee, that's one of the things I love about camping too, just getting by with the basics and having all that free time. :) So why can't we do something similar at home? When we go camping we tend to take only necessities and leave all the extras at home. It takes a fraction of the usual time for meals, cleaning, etc and leaves time to enjoy life. At home we spent the majority of our lives caring for possessions, and hoping for an opportunity to get away from it all. :? Doesn't make sense. Which is why I want all the clutter gone from my hone & property, so I have time to do the things I enjoy.

Edium, I hope you get your AC fixed ASAP! It is supposed to be over 100 here this week. :(

I'm with you on smaller homes being ok but not smaller rooms.

LOL at your fire hose cleaning system. DH used to let his big dogs come in from outdoors and run repeatedly through the house with muddy feet...often after I'd just killed myself mopping the floors. When we were remodeling, I told him I wanted milk house floors...concrete with big drains in the middle, and stainless steel plate installed about 3 ft up the walls. Then I could "mop" floors in a few minutes each day simply by using a pressure hose. Great minds think alike, hey? :mrgreen:

My sleep schedule is off again, woke up at 2 this morning. Thought about going out to work in the garage but think I'll try to catch an extra hour or so of sleep first.

L.Ann

Post by L.Ann » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:43 pm

I think about 8 weeks every quarter but only about 10-20 minutes a day in the detailed cleaning room depending on what I am doing. I have a small house.... thankfully.... There are 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths but the main bathroom is really small. The living room, dining room and kitchen all flow into each other. The dining room could be called an eat in kitchen. My 8th zone is the hall which includes the linen closet and laundry closet. It has a lot of doors and about half of them are louvre doors with lots of small slats to clean. The hallway wall gets dirty from throwing the tennis ball for the pup to the older dog sleeping up against the wall so it gets its own zone.

I do a 5-10 minute rotation in each of the rooms 4 to 5 days a week. That seems to let me take care of the house blessing tasks, basic pick up and a task or two I have noticed that is bugging me.

Hope you can get your AC up and running edium. We had a nice cool spell for this time of year for a couple of days but the heat and humidity appears to be returning.

I am constantly amazed at how much you get done Shes! Enjoy your volunteering vergers. I already seem to have volunteered to do a bunch of volunteering at my old school. :roll:

vergerswife

Post by vergerswife » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:34 pm

It is surprising how the volunteering builds up L.Ann :wink: :wink: .

I don't know if the lavender likes wet or dry weather, it usually has a lot of rain but this summer has been very dry :shock: and it has survived and thrived. The last time the weather was so hot and dry was 1976.

Smile*Lee

Post by Smile*Lee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:36 pm

edium wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:08 pm
I am eagerly waiting your next step in this process.
Show me yours and I'll show you mine. :shock: :roll: :P :lol:
--Haha! Your run-on sentence didn't seem long to me. That's how my brain usually works. :lol:

re: HSS --- and some missions don't make sense - like cleaning out the garage in March when it's usually freezing around here. You're not getting me out there when it's cold! :evil: I'm glad I've posted them in their own threads. I think they can be easily snagged and reworked into FL missions. FL missions are pretty redundant - like cleaning out the silverware drawer 3 months in a row. :P I like the zones but I'd also like it to be more productive.

L.Ann ~ I also like your 8-zone approach. Maybe splitting my big house into 8 zones instead of 5 (which you hardly ever get 5 full weeks) I could get to some of the rooms that never seem to get finished.

She's ~ When we're camping, all the "extra stuff" is visually "out of sight, out of mind." I wish I could do that mentally when I'm home. Seems like I'm better at that when I'm on top of routines and zones and such. When I get busy and behind, it all kind of jumbles up in my head.

vergers ~ Did you get some decluttering in? :wink:

laurlind

Post by laurlind » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:20 pm

K I think I missed something. What is hss missions. I haven't heard of that. When I first started flylady when my big kids were little I think I probably did the crash and burn. Added everything in way too fast. I did really well with baby steps and routines and then doing the zone work. I wasn't working..kept it up for a couple years then gradually let a few routines slip. I still haven't gotten too far into zone work '

Smile*Lee

Post by Smile*Lee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:28 pm

laurlind ~

The HSS - Home Storage Solutions 365 missions
Look on edium's mission posts and my Mission Central thread.

vergerswife

Post by vergerswife » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:50 pm

I got some boxes flattened and it makes a difference to be able to see from the hall into the dining room then into the kitchen without the boxes in the way. I intend these to go into the back porch (corner), we keep cardboard to use to pack up dvds and cds and some of the books, and like Smile I don't want to go into the shed and root around, in my case for cardboard, in winter.

Yesterday I insisted on vaccuming the living room, he drops crumbs all over the carpet, he grumbled a bit, so glad because I had an unexpected visitor this afternoon :shock: :oops: :D .

laurlind

Post by laurlind » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:04 am

Ahh the paper clutter and filing stuff. I am too spoiled in that regard. My dh does all the financial stuff here. He is great at getting rid of under needed paper etc. We have a couple file boxes and a little safe. Just went through the crazy part though. Needed a specific page for something and I don't have my own access to it. It's all paperless now and they didn't mail it out. Oh well I think.he got it sorted. Thankfully. I do need to go through a bunch of ds school stuff yet and only keep what I want. The paper clutter I need to deal with is mostly the stuff I just need to throw out.

It does make me a little nervous though if I should some day not have him any more I would be so lost in that regard. But I'm not going to worry about it.

Someone, edium? Asked how I Was? I think im actually pretty good right now. Long as I watch the trigger foods. Namely tomatoes. Being spring/summer and the bit more carrying stuff I think I'm getting stronger a bit. My janitorial boss asked me to water planters again while he's away. Last year I was not strong enough to do it I had to take ds 19 along to help. This year I was able to do it much easier. I took my little step ladder for the ones at my office. It's the up over my head I can't do.

Gma

Post by Gma » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:02 am

getting some sorting and filing done!
recycle bin beside me, shredding folder open and on the floor, can take to bank tomorrow (free shredding service, only 5 min drive)

She'sFlyin'

Post by She'sFlyin' » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:50 am

L.Ann, your house doesn't sound small, and you must have it fairly well DCd if you can stay on top of it with 5-10 min a day of the detailed room cleaning.

My house is on the smaller side, a little over 1,600 sf. When I clean it seems way too big but as Edium says, in the winter claustrophobia makes it seem too small. By myself, I could probably get by comfortably with 1,200 sf but with DD and her chatter, I need space! :lol: I have a decent sized MBR & bath on one end, 2 bedrooms & bath on the opposite end, with DR, LR, K and Util room in between. It's an open floor plan, but with big archway type openings between LR/DR/K so they're fairly well defined. My LR is bigger than we need, wasted space IMHO. K is good sized but probably more than needed now. I can put a DR table in the K so don't really need a DR, we rarely eat in there anyway. The only thing I dislike is the utility area, it's not really a room but a hallway with a coat closet, pantry, and laundry area, with a door to the backyard. Too cramped for my tastes, I'd rather have more room there and cut back on LR size.
However, it will all be easier to care for when I finish DCing! :lol:

Vergers, I'm guessing lavender must prefer dry conditions, my DMil had some and it did well in hot dry weather with only a little water.

I admire you (and the others here) who make time to volunteer. :D

Was your DH watching tv when you were vacuuming? :?

SmileLee, maybe whoever wrote the HSS missions lived in California. :lol: Cleaning out the garage in March wouldn't work here either.

Laurlind, when my kids were young it was Pam & Peggy rather than FlyLady. I did really well with their system, my house never looked better and I always felt organized. I liked that I could easily customize the plan to suit my needs and it was easy to stay on top of things. When I tried FL, I quickly became overwhelmed. As soon as I get done clearing out my buildings, I'm going back to Pam & Peggy's SHE system for the house. Some people do well with FL but it doesn't suit my personality at all.

My DH also handled all the paperwork, plus medical stuff (he was a medical laboratory director). He would not let me get involved at all. It has been a huge problem for me since he died. :(

Gma, congrats on the paper DCing! Our bank only offers free shredding a few times per year. I have to burn all personal papers and with 70 yrs of saved paperwork to deal with, it's an issue!

Well, so much for sleep routines, this morning I was up at 1 a.m. :roll:
I had a fairly successful day yesterday. Before my 11 a.m. hair appt, I managed to find some elusive paperwork and get it mailed, and on the barn front, I EMPTIED 11 totes :D plus DCd several others and organized some things in the barn. WooHoo!

edium

Post by edium » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:13 pm

ugh...not going to talk about sleep … The part that went out on the HVAC unit had to be ordered. It could be in today... probably tomorrow. How did so many of us survive childhood without it ? (Especially in the humid portions of the world.)

Managed to help Ds with unloading the enclosed trailer into the storage unit ( mostly his stuff ) and then he spent the rest the day cleaning his room and bathroom and taking the trailer to a car wash in the next town. I spent it in the upstairs which had become a sauna, packing up sewing room and ( the hopefully to become ) extra bedroom. Today I will be moving most to storage, packing up the rest and putting it in the enclosed trailer for easy access. At least that is the plan. I am well reminded why I never learned to enjoy a wet sauna.

Lots of busy people here yesterday.
She's, I don't know how you make it through the day with your sleep patterns. Yet you get sooo much done !!!

Gma, WTG with the paperwork. I, like She's, just burn the sensitive paperwork. Country living doncha know. :wink:

Laurlind, thank you. Yes, I had asked how you were doing. Good to hear you have been getting it figured out and are recovering. Keep on with it and ENJOY!

Vergers, flattened boxes are a huge improvement. My Dh would leave the house if I started vacuuming when he was home regardless of the weather or any other factors. :roll: Hey, I don't like the noise either, but it has to be done ! :wink: Good for you for doing it.

Smilee,
Show me yours and I'll show you mine.
Okay.... how about a week from the 5th Thur of the month ? :mrgreen:
At this point you are blessedly more organized than I . And energetic. I completely agree on the timing in HSS and the weeks that are unneccessary for my life. Maybe that will be a fall idea to toss around. :lol:

L.Ann, 8 weeks per quarter ?!!! You are organized and dedicated ! My hat is off to you. But then I rarely wear one. It would take planning and a proper place to keep them. :oops: :lol:

ANd I have run out of time to get the heavy work done before the cool of the morning disappears....

She'sFlyin'

Post by She'sFlyin' » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:25 pm

Oh joy. I smelled something not quite right in my kitchen this morning. :o Finally figured out it was actually the utility area and discovered 2 mice in the traps. I've checked the traps almost daily for months...nothing...so of course after skipping the last 3-4 days, I catch mice. :lol: Spent an hour or so cleaning and disinfecting (I'm OCD about that sort of stuff) and finally am satisfied. Thankfully I didn't see much sign of them having gone higher than the floor so just cleaned the floor and the lowest shelves.
I don't understand why they keep going in there, as ALL my food is sealed away tightly in heavy duty containers. Either metal, glass or very heavy duty (5 gal bucket) containers. Mice have never been able to get free lunch there. I may end up moving all the food elsewhere. Sure wish I could seal them out of the house but that would require going under the house and probably days of work, not physically possible and not appealing either! :lol:

Heading out to the barn, 20 min. late.