Nock it out in November with Cleansweepers

Pick a game to suit your needs today. Challenges! BINGO! Triple Dog Dare and MORE! Something for every SHE personality!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Re: Nock it out in November with Cleansweepers

Postby L.Ann » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:21 am

Sorry you are in pain shes. :( Hope you enjoyed the little one. Hi vergers, hope you had a nice day. It sounds like the garages are really coming along Gma! It is colder and rainy here too edium. Luckily it was a steady mist not a torrential downpour during car rider duty this afternoon! DD24 went in the bathroom and huddled by the heat vent when I turned on the heat this afternoon. She tried to turn up the heat a little while ago and was not impressed with my suggestion to find a sweatshirt if she was chilly!

I got the kitchen counters done... so one thing off the list.
L.Ann

Postby edium » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Oooo, new page ! ( Simple plearsures for simple minds... ) :wink:

Move the fun stuff forward...
HSS missions https://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/declutter-calendar-november.html

Nov. Day 6 - Read Organized Home Challenge #45: Emergency Preparedness https://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/emergency-preparedness-kit.html
Day 7 - Gather food and drink emergency supplies for 72 hour kit
Day 8 - Gather other emergency supplies into kit and store
Day 9 - Create car emergency supplies and first aid kit
Day 10 - Create an evacuation plan and fire escape plan
Day 11 - Place fire extinguishers as needed throughout house
Day 12 - Make sure home adequately child proofed

FL missions http://flylady.net/c/sp.php#missions
November 5 - 11, 2017
This week we are in Zone 2: The Kitchen

November Habit: Menu Planning

Mon - clean out under the sink and while at it, list things that need replacement
Tue - fling fun on one pantry shelf and list things that might need to be replaced
Wed - seriously shine your kitchen sink as FL teaches for the first mission of the rest of your life :)
Thur- :15 minutes controlling and eliminating ongoing kitchen counter clutter creep
Fri - thoroughly sweep and mop the kitchen floor; no perfect way, just get 'er done !

Yeah for counters done, L.Ann ! :lol: at DD24 and sweatshirt suggestion. I have always gotten the same from people in my household when I suggest it is easier and less expensive in the long run to add or remove layers of clothes rather than try to readjust the temp in the whole house and then discomfort others. :roll: What's not to 'get' about that ?

Good to see you post Vergers! Hope you like your new phone. How basic is 'basic' ? If you really like it I would be tempted to look at the same thing.

{{{{{She's}}}}} !! I agree about dreaded phone calls. I would rather sit on hold for an hour but talk to a live person all the way through than try to figure out some of the phone tree choices ! Nothing like a beautiful grinning baby to help sooth the mental disturbances of the day. So happy you were able to drive to get the errands done and pick up Clara & her Dmom. :wink: :lol:

edium, I think it is different time zones. :lol:
Thanks, Gma. Felt better immediately on reading that. :mrgreen: :lol:
You're so good to fix Dgs winter gear for him ! My boys had a steady supply of late night mending for me while growing up. Just the way it is I suppose....
What were you electing there ?
Hope you're having a great day regardless of the outside temperature !

Today:
Attempt to make the same ole dreaded phone calls AGAIN here. One would think 'service' companies would be better on the phone answering and appt setting.
Finally get to the groc store. Managed to find excuses to procrastinate that for 3 days now. I am out of some very necessary foods now though. :roll:
HSS and Fl missions !
scrub something !
Sort and toss game with contents of another 2 or 3 boxes.

Looks good enough . :)

How is your Dmom, Smilee ? Thinking of all lurkers and sometime posters as well. Hoping your day is all you crave it to be. 8)
edium

Postby Smile*Lee » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 pm

I'm back! Well -- really I was back yesterday, but .. things happen. :wink: :D I got my hair cut yesterday. Seems whiter every time I cut it. It's okay with me. I think it's time to get some new glasses. Something with a statement. 8) :lol: Washer finally got repaired yesterday. Good thing -- G's hamper is overflowing X2 or 3 or 4. Made it to the gym today. Also got all my appointments made for December and January. Go, me!

edium ~ Mom is doing okay. Her back is really sore from the procedure. She wants things to get better right away, but the info says that the minimum time to feel relief is 7 - 10 days. She's pretty discouraged. Even cooking causes a lot of pain. Wish I lived closer.

Mojo is a bit on the thin side. Giving the lists a good look through usually helps with a plan.

HSS 101
Day 6 - Read Organized Home Challenge #45: Emergency Preparedness
Day 7 - Gather food and drink emergency supplies for 72 hour kit -- G and I have talked about this before, but never did anything about it. I've heard this called a "Bug Out Kit."
Day 8 - Gather other emergency supplies into kit and store --- Same as 7.
Day 9 - Create car emergency supplies and first aid kit -- I have one of each in the trunk of my car.
Day 10 - Create an evacuation plan and fire escape plan -- Talk to G about this.
Day 11 - Place fire extinguishers as needed throughout house -- We have one upstairs. I think there might be one downstairs. I'll check. If not, I will get one.
Day 12 - Make sure home adequately child proofed - As Hannah grows, that'll be put on the front burner eventually.

FlyLady Zone 2 - Kitchen
1. Clean under sink
2. Pantry boogie
3. Sink
4. Surface boogie
5. Kitchen floor
Things aren't in horrible shape, but could use a going over.
Smile*Lee

Location: exotic Illinois ;) Joined SHEs on P&P's Webforums in 2001.

Postby Smile*Lee » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:47 pm

Zone 2 Check In

FlyLady Zone 2 - Kitchen
1. Clean under sink - Done!
2. Pantry boogie - Done!
3. Sink - Done!
4. Surface boogie - Done! --- Except for kitchen office corner. Might get to that tonight yet.
5. Kitchen floor - tomorrow

Extras:
Decluttered food storage containers - - Done!
Looked through the lazy Susan. Might organized that a little better
Smile*Lee

Postby L.Ann » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:52 am

Hi Edium. I hate phone calls. I have done all of mine once.... but I have one more call back to do. Yay for a fixed washer Smile*Lee. You reminded me that I need to reboot my midweek laundry. Hope your mom feels better soon. I mopped the kitchen today so that mission is done. I should buy a new fire extinguisher because mine is ancient. Anyone know how to dispose of an ancient one???? Another thing to google I guess. I still need to clean under the sink.

I am tired.... not back on the right time yet. The pup definitely has his time switched and is wide away at 4:30.... luckily once he goes out he will go back to sleep but I don't go back to sleep as quickly as he does.
L.Ann

Postby She'sFlyin' » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:13 pm

L.Ann, be sure to research fire extinguishers before buying, there is a huge recall right now on a certain brand or two.

Woohoo getting your floor mopped. :D

Lots of red there, SmileLee! :D I got my hair cut yesterday. Shorter than usual, think she wasn't paying attention. :lol: Will take a week or so to decide if I like it or if I'll go back to my usual. This one should be almost wash 'n' wear, which would probably be a good thing for me right now.

I feel bad for your mom. Prayers for good results!

Edium, thanks for moving the missions where we can see them. Not sure that will help me get any of them done but at least I can see them easier. :mrgreen:

Good luck with getting any company to provide decent customer service. :roll:

DGD & baby Clara were here for the afternoon yesterday. Her DH joined us after work for dinner and a movie. DD had cooked some hamburger & onions the day before and stuck them in the fridge. So I used that and cans of other stuff dumped in the crockpot to make taco soup. By getting up every :15 or so and puttering a few minutes in the kitchen, I was able to get a jello/fruit salad made, plus some corn muffins and brownies (both from boxed mixes). So managed to turn out a nice meal with little time/effort. I put my "new" office chair up to the DR table and was comfortable enough to eat there...first time in 3? yrs I've been able to eat at the table. :D I was able to send a meal's worth of everything home with DGD so she won't have to cook today, and there's enough left for a meal for DD and I as well.

Clara is indeed getting to an age where we get lots of smiles and big grins. And occasional bits of temper as well. :lol: She is making serious attempts to join our conversations.

Got snow today, middle DD cancelled our trip to the city so I'm being horribly lazy and trying to stay off my feet. Will be having the 3 DGKs over today for a couple hours while DD33 takes DSil to appts. Might get out the Aggravation game again...that's always our favorite.
She'sFlyin'

Postby L.Ann » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:00 am

Thanks for the warning She's. I did check my old extinguisher and it is not one being recalled. Sounds like you had a nice visit and dinner last night. I would like to clean under the sink but will probably wait until tomorrow. The pup is chilling in the chair and is sure to decide to unchill if I try to do that and I would rather not put him in the kennel yet. I had a successful day. I stopped by the siding place after work to pay the deposit and pick siding colors. They had enough choices to be overwhelming and when I said I wish they had fewer choices one of the guys who worked there said he could come by and look at the house and help me choose. He was a lot of help and the choices are made. One more major job moved to the done list!!!
L.Ann

Postby She'sFlyin' » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:23 pm

Ooh, new siding! What colors did you decide on?

Your pup and mine (4 1/2yrs old now :roll: ) must be related. :lol: Mine is so stubborn...not a breed/type would have picked ever. I like teachable breeds and this mutt is NOT. Probably has a quadruple dose of unteachable breeds. :roll: But I inherited him from my DH and can't bring myself to find him a new home so I'm stuck with him. I will say he has an excellent temperament, absolutely no sgn of aggression under any circumstance except once when he thought I was in danger. So he gets an A for disposition and loyalty.

I was exhausted so went to bed a little early, woke up at 2- something. :evil: Don't really feel like Cleansweeping at this time of night. :lol: On the other hand, I could probably accomplish a lot with DD still asleep. :mrgreen:
She'sFlyin'

Postby She'sFlyin' » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Decided to stay up.

mMR done
Internet time
Bible study
Meds
Pulled everything out from under K sink, wiped floor of cabinet, set mouse trap & put everything back
:15 MBR
lol
made ToDo list for today

ToDo:
Another :15 in MBR when DD does her chores
Plan lunch (tacos)

Put window AC unit in a tote (if possible) and put out in garage
lol for DD (in washer)
Make DD do her dailies (in progress)
Put shelf unit together and set up in spare rm...somewhere! :shock:
Do another :15 in spare rm while DD is stacking wood
Town: pick up items I'm low on
Lunch/dishes

Another :15 in MBR

I am hoping to force myself to do 4 :15s daily in the MBR. I know I can do this...just need to get started and keep at it.

*Have finished 3 :15s, hope to do one more before heading to town. :)

**Home from town. Back is killing me again even though I kept my time in the stores very short. It's been a long day already, think I'm ready for a nap, then will try to do the last :15 in the MBR. No chance I'll get the AC unit moved today.
She'sFlyin'

Postby L.Ann » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:02 am

Yay for time in the MBR She's. I hope you are feeling better. I did under the sink too She's. I found a small damp spot. I ran the dishwasher and it doesn't seem to be leaking so I hope a bottle of windex got put away wrong and leaked. i put a small dish there at kitkat's recommendation in case it is a slow leak. Hopefully not. :wink: I have a dark brown roof She's so with the advice of the siding guy I picked a light maple with brown shutters. Not exciting but different from the neighbors and it will match the roof which is relatively new.
L.Ann

Postby She'sFlyin' » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:43 am

Sounds good, L.Ann! My houses are both just tan with dark brown trim. As you said, nothing exciting but looks decent.

Hope your leak was just a leaky bottle. I found evidence of a mouse in mine. Have been checking all the favorite mouse spots regularly and this is the first sign I've seen of one. Set the trap. So tonight we hear all this crazy thumping underneath the K sink...trap had gone off but apparently just barely caught the mouse in a manner that was definitely not fatal. It finally jerked free of the trap and got away. :evil: I think I will trade that trap out for one that has a "hair trigger". Hopefully will catch it next time around.

Middle DD called and wants me to go to the city with her tomorrow. I enjoy the time with her but really am not in shape to go anywhere. I'm going but may take a book and spend time reading in the car while she shops.

Hope I can get up early enough to do some :15s in the MBR before I leave.
She'sFlyin'

Postby vergerswife » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:08 am

Hope you had a good time with middleDD She's.

We went to a course on First Aid at the church today, took most of the day... It started with a game of True or False, I informed the other team that I am a tidy person and my husband will vouch for that. It was interesting to watch the other team discuss this and hear them say things like, she must be tidy, she can't be untidy, just look at her. Their faces when told them it was false :lol: . But it is good that I give the impression outside home that I am a tidy person. Now if I could just become that...
vergerswife

Postby L.Ann » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:32 am

Sounds like a fun and informative day vergers. Not much happened here..... I tried to go to the library and post office. Both were closed for Veteran's Day. I think the fact that I was off yesterday threw me off.... or that is what I am telling myself!! I also messed up an event date for DD24.... I decided it must be time for a nap... didn't actually sleep but felt much better when I got up! :lol:
L.Ann

Postby Smile*Lee » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Howdy, Cleansweepers!

I started out the week with mucho mission mojo, but it faded amidst other current crises. I DID get some major tasks completed -- getting my passport renewal in the mail and booking flights for June '18 Israel trip. Woohoo! SO excited for that! The focus for today is getting piles of laundry caught up from the washer bust. One last kitchen mission -- kitchen office corner. Going to get started. Will pop back later for some cuop.
Smile*Lee

Postby Gma » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:58 pm

back from a weekend away.
will need to cuop later, but vergers :lol:
changing into warm outside clothes andheading to check on my mom and put out some lights for her if ground is not frozen. I hope it isn't. We have had some relaly cold days, but if it is frozen, it is on ly a couple inches deep so should be able to thaw with hot water. I need to poke 10-15 things into ground, and pull out some others.
(still have lights to sort through before my car fits into her garage)
Gma

Postby L.Ann » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:26 am

Hi Gma and Smile*Lee. No house time today but Special Olympics for DD24 is over until January. She had fun at the bowling tournament and it was only about 2 hours away and the driving weather was good so I was happy. :lol:
L.Ann

Postby Smile*Lee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:40 am

How very interesting, vergers! It's not often that you get to peer into the mind of someone who just meets you!
L.Ann ~ sounds like a lovely day!
Gma ~ Hope you had good success with your lights mission.

Finally hit the kitchen office corner.
The washer bit the dust again. :P Thankfully, I got the biggest portion of laundry done. I'm going to hit the laundromat tomorrow or Tuesday and finish up. Will be calling the washer repair guy again. Just spent over $200 for this - and it's doing exactly what it did before.

Okies... think I"ll go fetch the lists for this week.
Smile*Lee

Postby Smile*Lee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:42 am

HSS 101
https://www.home-storage-solutions-101. ... ember.html

Day 13 - Read Organized Home Challenge #46: Medicine & First Aid Kit
https://www.home-storage-solutions-101. ... nizer.html
Day 14 - Dispose of expired and unused medications
Day 15 - Make sure have adequate first aid kit contents
Day 16 - Organize and safely store rest of medications
Day 17 - Declutter and organize liquor and wine cabinet
Day 18 - Declutter unused musical instruments
Day 19 - Declutter key ring of excess stuff

FlyLady Missions - Zone 3 - Bathroom and 1 Extra Room
http://flylady.net/c/sp.php#missions

1. Check supplies: toilet paper, toothpaste, shampoo, mouthwash, soap etc.
2. Declutter & shine countertops & sinks.
3. Shine tubs & showers
4. Laundry room: :15 to declutter - wipe down washer & dryer.
5. Wipe down door knobs, light switches, & phones.
Smile*Lee

Postby Gma » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:16 am

didn't get any lights done.
but DID get autumn decorations down and put away into their designated space! That feels major.
And did some raking.
sore muscles.
And mom'skitchen drain is slow, so I went to buy some drano. It is soaking now.
I am just about ready to go to bed - tired!
full day tomorrow!
Gma

Postby Smile*Lee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Good Monday Morning!

Gma ~ wtg on getting "fall" down. I love my fall decorations. I've thought about getting mine down earlier, but just can't bring myself to it. :D With your weather, I'd definitely change my mind. Have you ever tried arnica for sore muscles? I picked up an essential oil blend emollient at the Farmer's Market this summer. I had never heard of it, but the lady at the booth was a good salesperson, so I brought a little jar home. Seriously, it's amazing.

This week's plan
I have a post-op check-up in Chicago today, 5-hour round trip. Normally, I'd put off missions today, but I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and get in, at least, 1 mission or 1 round of decluttering a day, starting with zone missions. I have to leave here at 10. Can I get them done before I leave?
Smile*Lee

Postby edium » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:26 pm

Thanks for the missions posting, Smilee !! Bless you with your crises ! I would be panicking with a washer breakdown. I am really paying attention to that machine as so many other things seem to be breaking around here.

Enough... I will hopefully get back later to CUOP and post a longer reply than sane people care to read. :lol: :mrgreen:

For now, I have taken two days off to mope ( ? ) and two days to just stay outside and do typical fall chores. Also provided a 'comfortable conscience' way to avoid issues in the house. :P :oops:
Today is the day to recommit to being serious about facing this stuff and getting something done!
Don't even need a list right now as I have a pile of "reminders" next to my desk to MAKE myself do these essential ( and eagerly started ) 'missions' of my own.

BBL... Really !
edium

Postby L.Ann » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:10 am

Thanks for the missions Smile*Lee. I had a difficult Saturday edium and for the first time in forever had two days in a row with less than my 10000 step goal over the weekend. Hopefully a momentary blip with the onset of cold weather. Thanksgiving and Christmas seem to be sneaking up on me though. Luckily I don't have to do much for Thanksgiving but I do need to do some Christmas prep things. :shock:

On the mission front I decluttered the meds when I cleaned the kitchen cupboards. The bathroom needs some tlc though.
L.Ann

Postby edium » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:41 pm

For the first time in months, I did not copy before hitting submit. I lost the post. :? I finally made a list again too and can't remember what all was on it. :roll:

L.Ann, thanks for the company in the doldrums. :wink: :lol: Think this is why they call it "...under the weather. " ? :wink: Big WTG on pushing through a couple missions regardless ! You have consistently done very well with this . Lead on !!! 8)

I will not relist what I managed to get accomplished yesterday. Suffice to say, today I start with a few leftovers that naturally carried over according to DofW strategy. :mrgreen:
Aka some paperwork scatter on the DR table to clear up as I finish them and put it away properly.
Also dig more deeply into straightening desk without creating more on the DR table !
And need to trim cat claws on 8 paws
2 lol's
several outdoor tasks wait for more attention
and I need to wash hair in time for it to start drying before heading to the city to take Ds32 ( last Fri ) out for his B-day dinner. :D
Hss dc-ing meds- done
FL dc & shine countertop and sink in bathrm- done

I am sure more will pop up as the day unfolds. At least I have a flex plan and mood energy to jump into it. :mrgreen:

Hoping all who read and post ( or not) have a productive day whatever your pursuits !
edium

Postby edium » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Moving along waaaayyyyy too slowly !

Aka some paperwork scatter on the DR table to clear up as I finish them and put it away properly 1 still waiting, but back on desk :oops:
Also dig more deeply into straightening desk without creating more on the DR table ! 1/2 of what was left anyway :wink:
And need to trim cat claws on 8 paws
2 loll's
several outdoor tasks wait for more attention
and I need to wash hair in time for it to start drying before heading to the city to take Ds32 ( last Fri ) out for his B-day dinner.
Hss dc-ing meds- done
FL dc & shine countertop and sink in bathrm- done

I am going to do hair etc now and focus on more indoor work while it dries. Hate that I am wasting a lovely day inside.
edium

Postby Smile*Lee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 pm

edium ~ Good for you on spending 2 days out in the fresh air and spiffing up your yard! I'm super happy with the progress 2 days of yard work did here. Looks SO much better going into winter.

L.Ann ~ sorry your Saturday was so difficult. Hopefully, things have settled out by now.

Went around and did my zone 3 missions today. Supplies are on the grocery list. The tubs and showers got a spit and a promise. Wiping down the door knobs and switch plates just emphasized how much my house needs a repainting. It's not super horrible, but it was done 13 years ago, and could use a refresher coat.

DONE!
1. Check supplies: toilet paper, toothpaste, shampoo, mouthwash, soap etc.
2. Declutter & shine countertops & sinks.
3. Shine tubs & showers
4. Laundry room: :15 to declutter - wipe down washer & dryer.
5. Wipe down door knobs, light switches, & phones.
Smile*Lee

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games