July's Hi-Jynx with Cleansweepers

Pick a game to suit your needs today. Challenges! BINGO! Triple Dog Dare and MORE! Something for every SHE personality!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Re: July's Hi-Jynx with Cleansweepers

Postby L.Ann » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:55 am

Have a great trip vergers. Welcome back Gma! Looks like you are getting a lot done edium and Shes's! My major accomplishment today was a trip to the orthopedist who diagosed my knee with bone spurs and arthritis. I got a cortisone shot so we will see how that goes. DD33 and her family are in San Diego, Smile*Lee. There is a lot to do and they are very close to the beach so there are nice walks. We spent a couple of days in Disneyland as well so fun was had by all. :lol: I had trouble going to sleep last night so I am hoping for earlier to bed tonight!
L.Ann

Postby Smile*Lee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:25 am

Sounds you had a really fun time with the kiddos, She's! We visited San Diego several years ago. We stayed over on Coronado Island around Christmas time. We got tickets to the lovely little theater downtown that has a tradition of putting on a Christmas play. It was great! Nice shops, too!

Enjoy, vergers!

Finished the towel/rug/towel missions! Go, me!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This week's HSS up next - clothes. Finish up what I started several weeks ago.
Making it to the garage will be iffy. Today we had a heat index of 102º. :shock: Maybe if I get out there early in the morning..... :shock: :lol:
Last edited by Smile*Lee on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smile*Lee

Location: exotic Illinois ;) Joined SHEs on P&P's Webforums in 2001.

Postby Smile*Lee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:52 am

Forgot about the 2 secretary drawers. Pulled them out and found all sorts of homeschooling stickers. My boys are 26 and 31. :shock: :roll: Needless to say -- TRASH! :lol: :lol: :lol: So... all the dresser drawers and secretary 3 closet shelves in the guest bedroom are empty. *thumbs up!*
Smile*Lee

Postby edium » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Go you indeed, Smilee !!!! Empty drawers and shelves. :shock: What are those ? You do need to downsize. Then you will have a jam packed house again. :lol: :lol:

L.Ann. Lovely to be able to have a good reason to go to San Diego. I have always thought that would be one of the places in Southern Cal I would like to go. Never have.

Hope you are settled in at the house in Italy, Vergers. How much did your Dh bring along this time ? :wink:

How are you holding up with the heat and young boys under foot, SHe's ?

Today, here is supposed to be a bit cooler again. May not even make it up to 90F. Good thing because I have:
Outside: "finish getting the patio extension cleared out" to prep for a final decision on what kind of surface I want to put in there. Heavy labor.
Hss: formal wear and dresses... not much of that around here. :lol:
Zone: kitchen
DofW: WHB upstairs, change bed, lols
If I get those plus routines done, I can always try to figure out how to redo the wall behind the sink in the 1/2 bath to make the medicine cabinet I bought on a super sale fit in there. :? :oops: Hmmmm... 40 y.o. house, built by a very nice guy with the help of his Dad and Father in law, all of whom were great carpenters but not so much up on house construction norms... Overkill and hand made or recycled materials were the rule of thumb. This place will never fall down on it's own !

How are things Gma ? Mitzy ?
I wonder how CC is getting along with her job, writing, sweet 'little red house' etc. ?

Well, gotta get on with it. Nothing happens otherwise.
edium

Postby Smile*Lee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:01 pm

Good morning, edium! Sounds like your place has "good bones", just needs some "edium" flair! All sounds interesting!

Today's mission goals are to work on the clothes missions - AND to get out and power wash the sidewalk by the pond.

Off to get this day started!

What is DofW?
Smile*Lee

Postby Smile*Lee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Back from the gym! Snagging today's list so it's right in front of me.

HSS challenge for the week : http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/declutter-calendar-july.html

Day 10 - Read Organized Home Challenge #28: Master Bedroom Closet http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/organize-closet.html
Day 11 - Declutter clothes you don't like, fit into or are out of style (use these 9 questions to help you with all the clothing clutter related missions)
Day 12 - Declutter hanging clothes
Day 13 - Declutter formal wear and dresses
Day 14 - Declutter closet drawers/shelves
Day 15 - Clear and declutter closet floor
Day 16 - Declutter and organize socks and underwear
Smile*Lee

Postby edium » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:47 pm

DofW= Day of Week Some of these concepts have become essential to me to function day to day. Today has been hither to yon with tasks. No real focus, just getting things done bit by bit as I pass by. :mrgreen: Not the best way to operate successfully. But at least it is getting done, hopefully completely. :oops:

Hmmm.. power washing needs to be done here too. Patio has lovely leaf patterns from the late oak leaves that somehow were left on through the winter storms. That can wait until the clean off of previous potted garden, and the extension finished. I am very accomplished at triaging what can wait. :roll: :lol:

I'd rather be on the lake right now working upper body muscles kayaking around gawking at the million $ plus homes. Maybe next week...
Lunch break is over. I'd better get back at it, otherwise my bed won't be remade in time to crawl into it tonight.
edium

Postby Smile*Lee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:02 pm

DofW - Geez... you'd think I could've figured that out. :roll: :D A basic weekly plan also keeps me from eternal procrastination.
I'm a gawker too! I love looking at homes and getting ideas.

I've really done most of the clothes missions, but I'm going to take a more critical eye to my closet shelves. I bought one more box of hangers, as there are just a few pieces of clothing that need them. I'm still amazed at what matching hangers does to a closet. Who knew?
I bought these in black at Bed Bath and Beyond with coupons. Because they're slim, you can fit more in to your closet. They're also felt lined so items don't fall off.
Real Simple Slimline Hangers

Decided to redo G's closet with matching plastic hangers. Pretty sure the getting things on the flocked hanger would completely annoy him. :roll: :lol:
Smile*Lee

Postby Smile*Lee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:10 pm

Hangers project complete! I had enough of the matching plastic hangers to do G's side of the closet. Also did the coat closet. All caught up with missions - again. :roll: :lol:
Smile*Lee

Postby Gma » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:48 pm

congrats to all who continued with the whole house plan while I was gone.

here's my story At my cabin -
I splurged and spent some money on a kayak. I didn't buy the cheapest, I bought lightweight that I could handle by myself for getting into the lake and back out, also up the 7 steps to put it away on a sheltered spot on the lawn. It is just the right size for me, comfortable, and SO EASY to handle and maneuver on the lake! I love it and it gives me my very own toy for getting out onto the lake. No motor to fail, just peace and quiet! Our lake is small by Minnesota standards - just a mile long and 1/2 mile wide (with some irregularities at the shoreline)- but a very nice size for me. I can paddle part way and back, didn't take time to try to go all the way around.
Water softener died. not fixable. Spent several days shopping the various brands available in the area, picked one out and had it installed - just hours before all the company arrived for the weekend before the 4th! While spending time shopping, i also dealt with a rotting patio door to the deck that needed replacing, that I had ordered a couple months warlier and it was installed the day before the water softener. Ddil's extended family were guests' including my mom and myself, we were 12 people. 1 dil sister brought camper for extra sleeping space. We had to have a special outlet installed by an electrician so they could plug it in. The guests (dil is one of 3 sisters, all married) had done all the food planning, did all the cooking and dishes while they were there. I provided space, had cleaned in prep for everyone, even hired carpet cleaners since the carpet hadn't been done in years. Didn't harie the cleaners just for htis event - I wanted it done withor without company! All my guests asked me to do for food was milk and orange juice! Cant beat that! Weather was lovely, mosquitoes were hungry, fishing was great for the guys who wanted to fish (nobody kept any, nobody wanted to clean them, but I sure would have eaten them :lol: ) and grandson and his 2 cousins had fun playing together.
After all left, I sprayed the 425 sq ft deck with deck cleaner, scrubbed it with a very stiff broom, rinsed it, and let it dry in the hot sun for a full day, which should have been plenty of time for it to dry, then I stained it. I do have chemincal burns on one hand from holding the sparyer, but they will heal - eventually. Right now they are swollen and intermittently ITCH!
Meanwhile, I also noted that both the east and west sides had several bad areas on teh siding. More than just "bad" and in need of fresh stain - bad as in needing new boards. And enough that I am now investigating permanent (vinyl or steel) siding. There are only about 1000 different choices so I will have to narrow it down and have dson and dil participate in the final selection. And mother helped me paint the frames for 4 deck chairs that the fabric has rotted through and I found someone who will redo them! That will save me several hundred on new chairs at least for a few yrs.
I look forward to not having to do siding maintenance in the future. It is one of those years when "everything goes" at once. Then we should have some good years :D
We had fantastic church service with blue grass band one weekend (church packed, chairs in the aisle!), and regular summer service other weekend.
I had opportunity to cook great meals for mother. It was so easy to supervise her meds and to see to it that she got them on time when I was in charge and we were in the same building. I am beginning to wonder how I can down size so I can have one room in her house - and can she downsize so I can have ONE closet and a couple drawers of the 6 drawer dresser in what would be my room. But I would still have to maintain and mow etc for my house unless I totally downsize and sell my house, or rent it out.

we were gone for >2 weeks, everyone got along, and all had fun. I have to go back in 10 days to spend more time looking for siding so we can get that job done later this fall. Meanwhile, I need to work on my house, and try to keep up with my mother and her appointments.
Gma

Postby Smile*Lee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi, Gma!
--We LOVE our kayaks! Like you said, so easy to maneuver and handle. We have the normal size. A few years ago, a family we ran into on vacation had short kayaks - so cute! If I had to handle one myself, I'd probably get one of those.
-- Your family get-together sounds lovely! Glad you had such a great time. Kudos to the lady kinfolk who take care of all the food. That's a big deal!
-- Is there any possibility of selling both houses and buy one that is suited for both of you? Yikes, that sounds like a big job! I cringe at just doing that with my house!

It's going to be a pretty busy weekend. I've went through the next 3 HSS missions fairly recently. In my head, that could've been 6 months to a year ago, lol. The important thing is that they look okay, but I'll take a quick peek today and straighten things out a bit more, and then -- good enough!
Smile*Lee

Postby vergerswife » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:51 pm

The kayaks sound wonderful.

Arrived today via trains, with a very large black case with faulty wheels which was a total harrassment with a load of ds and ddil's "stuff". They were over the moon with it. We have cleared off the top of the wardrobes at home. There was no room in our smaller cases for much else apart from our clothes (and a thick book for dh to read, and my knitting) and some towels of ddil's which were embroidered (and wonderful) by ddil's family for their wedding (a turkish custom). Ddil pressed the small hand towels onto me for the bungalow, they will come in handy.

I am very tired. We had couchettes last night. We went through Switzerland in the dark and I would have loved to see it. There was a great altercation of Swiss and Italian border guards with a person in our couchette, (we had given our passports to the train guard in the evening), the full lights on all his luggage opened and searched, loud arguments - I slept through the lot, made us an hour late in Venice, but we made it here.
vergerswife

Postby Smile*Lee » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:33 pm

vergers ~ Glad you made it safely to Italy. Hopefully, your stay will be less stressful than your trip! Can't believe you slept through all that ruckus in your couchette! You must be a very deep sleeper!!! I'd be awake at the sound of a whisper! :shock: :roll: :lol: Don't blame you for wanting to see those stunning Switzerland views!

Saturday update: Didn't make it back through the last couple of missions. They'd been gone through not too long ago, so they're good enough for now.

Today is a full day of events and visiting and food. I'll be pooped by the time I get home. First event is an essential oils party brunch at younger ds and ddil's place 20 minutes west of here. Then an hour further west, a shower for older son's wife. First grandchild on both sides. :mrgreen: While I'm there, going to stop into the Bass Pro shop. They have lots of really nice hiking/camping clothing. I picked up some much needed khaki capris the last time I was there. First things first -- House basics are done. Now to s2s, breakfast, and get the gifts wrapped!
Smile*Lee

Postby Mitzy's snl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Gma, sounds like you had an enjoyable time at the cabin despite the chores.

vergers, you have such interesting travels nowadays. I'm sure it's more fun than cleaning toilets and disposing of others trash. :lol:

I gave the HSS missions a lick and a promise this week. My mojo has been spotty. :lol: I cleaned out some hangers in the closet I use and 2 pieces of clothes. If I go back to it , I'm sure to find a few more pieces to go OTD. The two drawers gave up quite a few black bras and camisoles. Who knew? :? I don't have any walk in closets so the ones I do have look so much better than Taylor's on Instagram but they could use a little help.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Mitzy's snl

Postby L.Ann » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:03 am

Hope you had a nice day out Smile*Lee. Sounds like you had a nice vacation Gma. DD24 loves kayaking.... DD24 and I worked on the closets last night so they are done. Next up is detailed vacuuming in DD24's room. Maybe tomorrow! Have fun in Italy Vergers. :)
L.Ann

Postby Gma » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:04 am

verger's all your travels sound wonderful.
smil*lee you have done the HSS so well!

I gave the closets a thought, but ended up sitting at my desk/table going through papers and papers again. I guess I'd make a louzy secretary, as difficult is I find dealing with papers to be. But I did dump ALOT! into my recycle bin. I figured I needed to work in my K so I could eat off the table again.
Now I am going to play ONE computer game for diversion then see what else I can accomplish - there are more papers to deal with.
Gma

Postby Smile*Lee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Mission Central July 17 - 23

July List Format
July Calendar Format

Master Bedroom Decluttering Details
    Day 17 - Read Organized Home Challenge #29: Master Bedroom
    Day 18 - Declutter nightstand
    Day 19 - Clean out and declutter under bed
    Day 20 - Declutter top of dresser
    Day 21 - Declutter dresser drawers
    Day 22 - Declutter jeans and pants
    Day 23 - Declutter t-shirts and tops

Decluttering Details
Zone 4: The Master Bedroom
    Monday: Under the bed
    Tuesday: 27 fling boogie around the bedroom
    Wednesday: Declutter and dust nightstands
    Thursday: Declutter jewelry
    Friday: Remake the bed
Detailed Cleaning List
Last edited by Smile*Lee on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Smile*Lee

Postby Smile*Lee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Good morning, ladies! Short and sweet here. No missions today as it is an OTD Day. Gym earlier this morning than usual, then a trip to Chicago for 2 appointments. Will be back home around 6 as long as traffic cooperates. Nice that the two mission lists are in the same place this week.

Gma ~ wtg on dumping those papers! I had to laugh at your "thought" about the closets. I guess that comes before "lick and a promise" on the decluttering scale. Progress is progress. :wink:

L.Ann~ Had a very nice day, thank you! I was pooped at the end though! Good job on the closets!

Mitzy's ~ Spotty mojo is a consistent occurrence around here. One week it's completely off, and the next I'm doing 2 weeks in one. :shock: I'm thankful even for the sputters. :lol: So far, I have avoided Instagram. I'm so easily distracted by internet shiny things I figure it's in my best interest to stay off as long as I can. WTG on your closet progress!!
Smile*Lee

Postby edium » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:03 pm

Thanks, Smilee for the week's missions ! Hope the appts that have you up early and moving fast are worth the trouble !!! Too bad you are not making the trip just for a day of fun and adventure at the MANY places to enjoy ! ( sorry, I just shook myself out of a reverie of early childhood there ) :roll: 8)
Sounds like you had a super enjoyable Sat ! Bass Pro is a nice place to shop. One is on I40 just east of here. ( :30 to :45 min ) It used to be a must for Christmas and b-day shopping. I haven't been in a bit over 3 years. :? I had stopped at Bed, Bath and Beyond when in the city with eldest Ds lately. Looked at the hangers you mentioned and decided not to get them. I have had problems with shoulder creases in bad places from thin hangers. Yes more fits, but at what cost ? ( Or that is what the message to me was. :roll: :oops: )

Cool times at the 'cabin', Gma !! I would love to have in-laws like yours !!! So happy to hear about your satisfying kayak purchase ! I love ours. They are sit on top ones. No class 2 or better white water for me ! Maybe in a rubber 'raft'. :lol: :lol: :lol: Sure hope you find the siding you want without the drama another of your projects has run into ! :P Praying for your decision also on what to do about the current housing with your Dmom and yourself. Bless you as that is one I am very grateful not to have to face !
BIG WTG on getting papers sorted !!!!

Vergers, reading your post made a mental flip into the old 'Orient Express' movie for me. :lol: And you slept through it ... you must have been exhausted !
Hope the time in Italy at the 'bungalow' is the rest you need ! Are you returning by train by the same route ?

Hey, Mitzy !!! Good for you for looking at the HSS challenges ! :wink: :lol: Wow, you look at the pictures of before and after from other people ? The time I looked, too many of the befores looked like my afters ! :roll: Congrats on getting anything otd ! I have stayed on top of my clothing pretty well in the last 20 or so years. Too little space to let it get out of control. Plus I just didn't do much shopping. Still trying to wear out whole 'categories' of items ! I do have a few dresses that are so out of date ( and inappropriate for my age when the style does come back around ) that I need to get rid of.
So when were you into wearing predominantly black ?

L.Ann, you are doing great ! Are you organized because of the teaching job leaving you finite amounts of time in clusters ? If so, retirement will be a real adjustment for you ! :wink: :mrgreen:

She's, still praying ! Where are you ?

Okay... My weekend was really nice. I had gone to the library.... 'nuff said. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now it is Monday and time to face the music again. :oops:
http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/declutter-calendar-july.html just so it's here. 8)
Yes, Smilee, it is nice to have the HSS and Zone missions in the same place ! Feels like a 2 for 1 on whatever gets done. I can go for that !!! :mrgreen:

My todo's for today:
Monday's usual :P

How's that for a list ? Expresses the mojo I have for what is needed. Anyway, I did not get my planning for the week done yesterday ( blame a good book ) and I have no vision for the week to focus on. (Hasn't meant I will get it all done, but it helps for the first 3 days at least. :roll: ) So I had better start the day, (always means after mMR is done, key being small m for mindless ), with an hour of laying out my plans on the forms I have for that purpose. ( I am good at making forms ) . :lol: :lol:

Off to get that much done ...
edium

Postby Smile*Lee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:57 pm

Good morning, edium! The appointments are a necessity - continued TMJ orthodontic stuff. It is what it is right now. I'm just glad I don't have a job that I have juggle between. G drives a lot between Champaign, Peoria 2 hours west, and Chicago 2 hours north, so I guess I can put up with this, which is temporary. Maybe when it's all done, I'll go up for some FUN! :mrgreen:

re: hangers --- The hangers work for me, but not for G. His clothing is much to big and heavy to fit on those. We all do what works for us, eh? :D

A library day sounds nice and relaxing. Used to go all the time when the kids are small. Not so much anymore. Maybe I should make a trip.... :D

Okies - back from the gym. Glad I was able to work out some energy and sweat before driving 5 hours today. Maybe I'll even take a walk when I get home.

off to s2s! Everything else is ready to go.

Oh yeah... somehow, I've lost my credit card in the house. Not sure if I should call company right away or wait till I get home and take another look. I've already done 3 rounds of searching. Good thing I have a debit card to buy gas. Don't really like using debit outside of the ATM, but it'll have to do for today.
Smile*Lee

Postby Smile*Lee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:58 pm

Found the credit card! Guess I had to whine a little before it decided to show up. :wink: :lol:
Smile*Lee

Postby Mitzy's snl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Smile*Lee wrote:So far, I have avoided Instagram. I'm so easily distracted by internet shiny things I figure it's in my best interest to stay off as long as I can.

Ma and Pa Kettle here got Instagram when DD went to Spain,Italy, and England. That way we were able to keep up with here travels. DH kept up with us last year when we were in Paris. We weren't able to call him and he had no apps on his phone that I could text him. I don't do Facebook. Funny, DSis#2 knows more about my neighborhood than I do from Facebook and she lives in Guatamala.
edium wrote:Hey, Mitzy !!! Good for you for looking at the HSS challenges ! :wink: :lol: Wow, you look at the pictures of before and after from other people ?

No, I don't look at the before and after pictures. :lol: It's easy to check the days missions that way. I know it will be there early in the AM before I get lost on the computer. :lol:
edium wrote:So when were you into wearing predominantly black

Never! A matter of not checking what I had available :o One set would be plenty.
edium wrote:Okay... My weekend was really nice. I had gone to the library.... 'nuff said. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's why I don't go there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yesterday's mission consisted of throwing away a pair of socks that tore when I put them on. :oops: Not sure what I'll do for today. This is one thing that never seems to get better with FL's missions. Same thing happens to my desk. :lol: I guess it's better than not even trying.
Last edited by Mitzy's snl on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitzy's snl

Postby L.Ann » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:23 am

Hope you had a good day of appointments Smile*Lee. I am tired of appointments... :wink: Hi Mitzy! I tend to have two schedules, edium.... one for when school is going and one for summer. My older two daughters are convinced I am going to have trouble finding enough to to once I retire... I am less convinced! We will see who is right! :lol: My youngest daughter has some significant disabilities. She is gone each day from about 8-3 which gives me a nice stretch of me time. Her activities and transportation to and from seem to fill up a lot of the time after 3 as well as the weekends.

I have definitely slowed down on the heavier cleaning. I really want to finish DD24's room this week. I have already decluttered my room so hopefully the cleaning itself won't take too long!
L.Ann

Postby Mitzy's snl » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:21 pm

L.Ann wrote: My older two daughters are convinced I am going to have trouble finding enough to to once I retire... I am less convinced! We will see who is right! :lol:

My vote is on you L.Ann. :lol: BTDT The transition from summer to school was the hard part for me. I've been retired for six years now and sometimes wonder how I got so busy. I missed my 5yr plan to have my house in order so, I guess I'll continue to be busy. :roll:
Mitzy's snl

Postby edium » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Good morning for a bit longer here. It is quickly getting away from me.
I was all set to get outside and weed a flower bed that desperately needs it, but was stopped by the phone. Now it is in full sun and the heat has built to the point I will not subject myself to it. Guess it will have to wait until evening. And then suit up to discourage mosquitoes !

Only managed half of yesterdays list, so I will try to finish that today as well as:
office (fairly light unless I dig into decluttering papers from the past )
pet care ( never really light )
HSS- clean under bed - only 2 plastic boxes with wheels made for under bed storage... and a lot of dust ! ) :oops:
Zone- my bathrm ( my Zones are different from FL )
Project- get the pile of discards by the front door otd !
other little stuff that has to be done as needed

should be doable.... maybe. :roll:

Smilee, so happy the credit card dropped into your hand at the last minute ! Only one reaction to that.....start your engine and Charge ! :lol:

Mitzy, you crack me up ! :lol: :lol: Ma and Pa Kettle indeed. Are you saying you own a pitchfork ? :wink:

L.Ann, two schedules definitely keeps things a bit more interesting. Do you have things you have put in the back of your mind for when you retire and have time to pursue them ? I think your DD's may be right for a bit of time during adjustment if not. But I do know life just keeps dumping things on us no matter what we think we have scheduled or planned. :P :roll: I think Mitzy verified that. :wink: :lol:

I hope you find time to post a little something, by tomorrow She's.

I have an email and a few phone calls to make still before I start the cleaning.
Enjoy!
edium

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games