WeeKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES - October 15-21

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

kitkat

WeeKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES - October 15-21

Post by kitkat » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:29 am

It's all about giving ourselves the opportunity to meet a challenge, and, whatever happens, doing more than we would have.
State your exercise plans for the week then post when you've done it. You can be as specific or as vague as you like in your plans. Be realistic in your goals - if you're not used to exercising or just getting back into it start off small - remember Baby Steps! At the end of the week add up your total and see how you did!

LINKS
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/tibetan-rites-practice

https://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness.html

http://www.limyoga.com/

http://www.irun.ca

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHBR5MZmEsY tai chi[
Last edited by kitkat on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

kitkat

Re: WeeKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES - October 14-20

Post by kitkat » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:36 am

OK - so I'm late... Sorry, Everyone!
I've been active although formal exercise has been suffering, especially since DGKids got sick...

I read somewhere that our helian did run her 1/2 marathon - although not at the actual race. A HUGE congratulations to her!!! That would be EXTRA hard! BWTG helian!

As for me:
Sunday - Monday - Tuesday - my steps were between 8,000 and 9,000
On Sunday, I tried a little jog. (20 minutes) - It was not bad. Might try again:) I also did 20 minutes on the Spin bike
On Monday, I had no formal exercise. Walked dbaby outdoors. Spent the afternoon with her sleeping on my chest. I'm surprised I got that many steps...
Today (finally) - I made it to Spin class. I had a ton of energy to burn :lol: It was great!
Followed it up with my usual Pilates class.

How is everyone else doing?

helian

Re: WeeKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES - October 15-21

Post by helian » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi everyone! Just checking in.

Yes, I ran 1/2 marathon Monday morning, kitkat. The weather at the formal half marathon was really not good -- very humid, warm, and very windy.
It possibly rained as well, I'm not sure. Anyhow, I ran my half marathon at an average pace that was much slower than I've been for maybe 2 or 3 months.
I'm not sure why it was such a "bad" run. I did keep myself a little on the slower side b/c I knew I only had 2 hours afterward before I had to leave for work,
so I didn't have a lot of time for recovery. And I was fine! No nausea and light-headedness like I had after my 12.25 mile run.

Now, I can scale back my long runs! :)

Woohoo, you're trying running again, kitkat! Sorry dgkids have been sick. I hope you didn't get sick.

Th - Sun, we'll be in London attending the wedding of our nephew. I'm not sure what I can do for exercise there, but I think we can run along the Thames. Our hotel is in Central London, I believe.

Exercise Plan this week:
M Jogged 1/2 marathon
T REST
W 4.5 miles on the flat
Th. arrive in London; get our bearings. Probably no jogging
F - If possible, 4.5 mile jog along the Thames?
Sat. - wedding; no running
Sun. - jog? 8 miles??

Gma

Post by Gma » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:27 am

helian, congrats on running that distance! have fun on your tirp and blessings on teh couple!
kitkat, I hope kids feel better soon. I was too busy to notice the week wasn't up! (mom was in hospital, home now and so uch to do for her! )

Today included bone builders, raking, mowing at mother's raking at my house, then walking at city indorr track. I made 12000 steps today.

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:45 am

Hope dmom is back to normal real soon and she takes you shopping Gma :mrgreen:
Kids are much better, thanks:) They keep me moving!
helian - that's an ambitious schedule post RUN!

Wednesday:
Spin class plus 0ver 12,000 steps
Thursday: no formal exercise - over 12,000 steps
Today: no formal exercise - over 17,000 steps

Doodle Do

Post by Doodle Do » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi all,
Helian, well done on the half marathon!
GMA and KitKat, well done on all those steps!
It's been one of those weeks - dentist, optician and taking a friend to hospital meant I only did my runs this week and not much else other than dog walking.

Today
6 mile run with my four legged friend. It was a pretty fall run and not to hot.

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:48 am

"Not much" for you Doodle would be more than my maximum :lol: Hope your friend is OK?

Took advantage of the beautiful weather, went for long walk on the trail with ddog and DH.
Just under 15,000 steps

Gma

Post by Gma » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:42 am

kitkat, how lovely to have long walk with ddog and dh. Beautiful time of year.
doodle, I'll bet ddog loved the long run
helian, good job!

looking for smile, cc, and a few others who stopped by once in a while.

I didn't wear my fitbit yesterday.
today was >12000 per fitbit. yesterday was more!
raking, mowing my mom's 1/2+ acre lawn, and my "normal" city lot. I am about 1/2 done with mother's. I did my whole lawn today. There will be more leaves to come down. Some have suggested I wait until they are all down. Oh, then they are so heavy and may be covered with snow, and packed down from autumn rains. I'd rather do a few, the re-rake (And it's not just a little bit of few leaves - I ahve quit counting how many trips I have made to city compost with containers full with packed down leaves. )

helian

Post by helian » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Thanks everyone.

My exercise this week actually looked like this:
M Jogged 1/2 marathon
T REST
W 4.5 miles on the flat
Th. arrive in London; get our bearings. Probably no jogging
F - 4 miles along the Thames, dodging tourists, etc.; sightseeing on my own - British museum
Sat. - 3 miles along the Thames before the wedding. Same dodging activities.
Sun. - sightseeing with family

I did a fair amount of walking while in London, but since I don't use my fitbit anymore, I can't quantify it.

Home from our travels and looking forward to a regular more laid back exercise routine. I think I lost a fair bit of weight last week but gained it all back over the wedding weekend + so many restaurant meals out with family.