WeEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES - August 27-Sept.2

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

kitkat

WeEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES - August 27-Sept.2

Post by kitkat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:37 am

SUMMER IS A WONDERFUL TIME TO INCREASE OUR ACTIVITY AND IMPROVE OUR HEALTH

It's all about giving ourselves the opportunity to meet a challenge, and, whatever happens, doing more than we would have.
State your exercise plans for the week then post when you've done it. You can be as specific or as vague as you like in your plans. Be realistic in your goals - if you're not used to exercising or just getting back into it start off small - remember Baby Steps! At the end of the week add up your total and see how you did!

LINKS
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/tibetan-rites-practice

https://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness.html

http://www.limyoga.com/

http://www.irun.ca

kitkat

Re: WeEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES - August 27-Sept.2

Post by kitkat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:38 am

Well - summer is almost over. Let's enjoy the beautiful weather while we can.
My plan:
aiming for lots of outdoor walking and 5 classes.

helian

Post by helian » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm

Thanks for starting this off again, kitkat.

Since I ran medium yesterday, today is a rest day for me.

We're supposed to get some rain tomorrow, so my schedule might get changed up because of that. I'm not sure what to do with Wed. I like to run 4 days a week but not 3 days in a row. Running on Sunday kind of messed that up. . . .

Maybe. . .

Weekly Plan:
M - REST day
T - Jog 4.5 miles flat; hot yoga class
W - REST day?
Th - Jog the arb hill
F - REST day
Sat. - try for 11.5 miles flat
Sun. - REST day

Gma

Post by Gma » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:57 pm

I went to the facial exercise link - it seemed to require a sign up and maybe a payment? I didn't go anyfurther . Do I need info fo rnavigating the site?

did exercise class today.
will do arm exercises while painting shelves in mother's garage.
and weightlifting if I get to bringing tables up from her basement and boxes brought in for her to sort into garage sale items and things to save.

jehanne2

Post by jehanne2 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:00 pm

Yes, thanks for the new start, Kitkat! :D We do need to get out and enjoy the good weather.

Helian, hope your runs work out for you. That arb hill must really do a number on you. A friend of mine recently lost 30+ pounds, because she is walking up a steep hill to work every day. Guess I need to find me one! :wink:

Gma, just saw your post! Good luck with the garage sale! :D

I've been keeping pretty active, keeping my step count average around 10,000. Amazed at how doable it seems now, when it seemed so impossible before. (Great concept there, that could apply to other aspects of life! 8) ) However!! The weight does not come off like I think it should. Had grandkids in a couple weeks ago, so made (and ate) sweets, and gained a few pounds overnight. :x All this walking and trying to watch my sugars has only helped me lose a couple pounds. I remember my MIL being so slim and healthy at 10 years older than I am now, so it is NOT impossible. Just gotta find a way to make it work.

This week's plan: 10,000 steps + T-tapp/yoga every day.

Gma

Post by Gma » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:18 am

;my fitbit shows 6k, then I walked the dog but had changed clothes so didn' t have it on. I think I would have hit 7500 if I had it on.
jehanne, that's great to have 10k as a daily goal!
helian, ho;pe your running goes well
kitkat, Ihope your weather is great and conducive to outdoor activities

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:42 am

Just look at you all! Wonderful:) (Now, where is cc? I know SmileLee might need a couple of days...)

helian - you are doing great! When is the BIG Day?
jehanne - best of luck with the 10,000 steps goal!
Gma - it seems to me you just keep moving... Fitbit can't keep up with you:)

Sunday: Rest day: 6,400 steps plus Yoga Nidra (basically, sleeping :lol: )
Monday: Spin class plus 15,600 steps

Gma

Post by Gma » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:24 pm

I paid no attention to fitbit yesterday, but still did over 7500 cz I worked on mother's garage. Then had a supper date :-)
today there will be steps as I have to mow the lawn.

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:50 am

Supper date sounds good, Gma :mrgreen:
Tuesday: Pilates and 7,991 steps

Today: Hot Yoga and 10,430 steps - basically, from housework :lol:

Smile*Lee
Location: exotic Illinois ;) Joined SHEs on P&P's Webforums in 2001.

Post by Smile*Lee » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:13 am

WTG everyone!

Check in --- Exercising has been nixed by doc due to dental surgery, then heading out of town for the weekend.
I'll be back next week!

Gma ~ Flex Effect is a program that you have to pay for, and you only get access to the forums after you bought the program. You get a book, a training log, and a couple of DVDs explaining all the exercises and gives you a couple of options for routines. There are free facial exercises on Youtube. Some of them posted by people who seemed to know what they're talking about. There is a LOT of information on the forums to sort through. It's still all a bit confusing due to my lack of experience and terminology. As I get more familiar with the topic, and I see links posted about information, I will pass it along.

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:34 am

Feel better, SmileLee :mrgreen:

Today:
9,191 steps and Restorative Yoga (key word: REST)

helian

Post by helian » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Checking in.

The half marathon is Oct. 15, kitkat. I will probably do it, but I still reserve the right to decide not to. :) We have hotel reservations near the race, so we don't have to drive to the big city that morning. Dh is still planning to run the full marathon, so I can cheer him on even if I don't run.

I ran the arb hill just once yesterday, hoping to not tire my body out too much before my run tomorrow. Not sure I can make 11.5 miles. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.

WTG everyone! Yes, heal first, Smile Lee.
I like the sound of that yoga class more than my hot yoga class, kitkat!
You're getting in tons of steps without even trying, Gma!

helian

Post by helian » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:44 pm

I did not make 11.5 miles. I was feeling more tired than usual -- not a problem -- but then, around mile 7.5, I started feeling light-headed and slightly dizzy as well. I ran another .7 miles and then just stopped at 8.2 miles. I don't know whether that was my anemia -- I'd noticed I'd felt slightly light-headed at times during the week and my other runs had not been stellar -- or a head cold/sinus infection or both. Anyhow, I didn't make my planned run. I'm not sure what that means for my training. I have 2 more long runs before the half marathon. I might take a little extra iron this month.

Yesterday at lunch, a friend in our small group who was a star mid-distance runner on his college track team and is now an MD encouraged me to consider planned walking times during my half marathon, as long as I don't have a time goal. He says there's some research that points to the benefits of doing that. I think my goal is to run the entire half marathon, but I'm OK walking sections if need be. I'd rather do that and be safe than harm myself.