WEEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGE JUNE 19-24, 2017

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Gma

WEEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGE JUNE 19-24, 2017

Post by Gma » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:46 pm

SUMMER IS A WONDERFUL TIME TO INCREASE OUR ACTIVITY AND IMPROVE OUR HEALTH

It's all about giving ourselves the opportunity to meet a challenge, and, whatever happens, doing more than we would have.
State your exercise plans for the week then post when you've done it. You can be as specific or as vague as you like in your plans. Be realistic in your goals - if you're not used to exercising or just getting back into it start off small - remember Baby Steps! At the end of the week add up your total and see how you did!

LINKS

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/tibetan-rites-practice

https://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness.html

http://www.limyoga.com/

http://www.irun.ca

kitkat

Re: WEEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGE JUNE 19-24, 2017

Post by kitkat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 pm

Thanks for the start Gma - I was just about to do it (feeling guilty...)
Sunday; over 10,000 steps and I played a bit of ping pong with DH
Monday: over 13,000 steps thanks to walk with dbaby

helian

Post by helian » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Way to go on all the steps, kitkat!
Thanks for starting us off, Gma.

Back from vacation. Hoping to get back on board with exercise here.

When I tried to run 9.5/10 miles June 10, it was a fiasco. After 7 miles, I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy. I had dh come pick me up. Since I have fairly low blood pressure and anemia and have fainted before, I just don't mess around with those symptoms. Anyhow, I was running late that morning, and it was hot and dh thinks the heat was getting to me. He ran late that day too, just not as late as me. And he's a faster runner. We need to be committed to getting out the door earlier in the mornings now that summer is here.

Over vacation, I ran 3 times for a total of 10 miles; 4 mile and then 3 mile runs in Toronto. A 3 mile run (too hot!) in Stratford. I did my back exercises pretty faithfully, but did my rigorous stretches only once or twice.

Exercise plan for this week:
X M - 6 miles flat. I did that -- except my run was interrupted about halfway through b/c I realized I'd locked my keys in my car. :roll: I ran back and forth (a mile or so one way) along the path near the parking lot, waiting for dh to return from his run. I met him, and he gave me a ride home where I retrieved a 2nd key. Dh then dropped me off at a park en route to his office that was along the route of my planned run.
T - hot yoga class at 5:30
W - the arb hill; 2X. (3.5 miles, 2.4 going up and down the hill) Need to do this early! Then, I'm walking with dfriend B for about an hour almost immediately afterward.
Th - sprints
F REST DAY
Sat. Try for 9.5 miles again. START EARLY.
Sun. REST DAY

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:27 am

Take good care of yourself helian - it's important to listen to your body.

Yesterday - over 10,000 steps
today - 9,000

Gma

Post by Gma » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:09 am

6 days in a row I have not hit the magic number. but did do bone-builders today, a group weight lifting program designed to reduce osteoporosis.
I am going to try to get to bed b4 midnight - I have been so tired lately!

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Gma - seems like a slow week in SHEville... :)
I did Sculpt class on Thursday (sounds similar to your Body Builders)
9,300 steps.

helian

Post by helian » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:40 pm

I did not hit 10K yesterday. I actually don't know what I hit. I have an old fitbit, and I don't always check the exact steps.
I will probably not hit 10K today - by design. I'm going to try to run 9.5 miles tomorrow, and today is a rest day.
WTG on the exercise classes, Gma and kitkat.

Exercise plan for this week:
X M - 6 miles flat. I did that -- except my run was interrupted about halfway through b/c I realized I'd locked my keys in my car. :roll: I ran back and forth (a mile or so one way) along the path near the parking lot, waiting for dh to return from his run. I met him, and he gave me a ride home where I retrieved a 2nd key. Dh then dropped me off at a park en route to his office that was along the route of my planned run.
X T - hot yoga class at 5:30
X W - the arb hill; 2X. (3.5 miles, 2.4 going up and down the hill) Need to do this early! Then, I walked with dfriend B for about an hour immediately afterward.
X Th - sprints
F REST DAY
Sat. Try for 9.5 miles again. START EARLY.
Sun. REST DAY

Gma

Post by Gma » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:11 pm

kitkat, you can start the next weeks, I am going to my cabin without internet service.
helian, you are doing such a great job making and sticking to a plan :D
costumelady indicated she was going to participate with us, but she ended up in teh hospital (now out) so it will be a while I suppose before she is back with us

my activity plan for the day includes mowing my lawn, planting for my mother, and walking with my walking partner.