May Day, let your exercise bring you peace, May 1-7

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Gma

May Day, let your exercise bring you peace, May 1-7

Post by Gma » Tue May 02, 2017 5:13 am

It's all about giving ourselves the opportunity to meet a challenge, and, whatever happens, doing more than we would have.
State your exercise plans for the week then post when you've done it. You can be as specific or as vague as you like in your plans. Be realistic in your goals - if you're not used to exercising or just getting back into it start off small - remember Baby Steps! At the end of the week add up your total and see how you did!
( removed the non working links and added a new one on top - for a smile :D It's "the walrus workout"
LINKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXJl1fu ... re=related (check this out, it will bring you a smile!)

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/tibetan-rites-practice

https://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness.html

http://www.limyoga.com/

http://www.irun.ca

Gma

Re: May Day, let your exercise bring you peace, May 1-7

Post by Gma » Tue May 02, 2017 6:52 pm

I am heading outside today to work in mother's yard - and I have even remembered to put my fitbit on today
several days without it, and I don't think I was very active either.
Need to start moving again.

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Wed May 03, 2017 12:28 am

Thanks for the start Gma and for the clean up of broken links!
So good to "see" you here once more!

Sunday: Ping-Pong (and painting in the house) 8,000 steps
Monday ; no formal exercise - 6,400
Tuesday: Barre class - and Pilates class AND over 10,000 steps

Gma

Post by Gma » Wed May 03, 2017 4:35 am

check out the first link. It is a you tube of a walrus adn his trainer exercisieg tofether. It will give you a good laugh, which is good exercise too :-)
Good report, kitkat!
I ahve had no formal exercise today, just worked in mother's yard and easily am well over 10,000 without even trying.

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Thu May 04, 2017 3:54 am

Gma I have no doubt - you are ALWAYS moving... whether it's yard work, house work, formal exercise...

Today: Outdoor walking and house work - over 10,000 steps

Where are our other friends?

jehanne2

Post by jehanne2 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:58 am

Hahahaha, G'ma!! :lol: :lol: Loved the Walrus Workout! What a great workout partner... he was getting at it before she did. Like he was saying, "C'mon, let's do this!" :lol:

You are keeping up an amazing step-count as usual!! Big WTG!! :mrgreen:

Kitkat, I am envious of your ping-pong! Tomorrow I will try to squeeze in a game with the students. They won't be around much longer to play with, since school is almost out! :?

I seem to have fallen off the band-wagon, since my travels. <3000 steps today. I need my very own walrus, I think! :wink:

Gma

Post by Gma » Thu May 04, 2017 6:35 am

jehanne, after a trip it takes a while to get back into routines!

I made another 10k day working in mother's yard. My walking partner is away on extended vacation, she will have surgery a few days after comes back. Our walking track is closed for repairs. I know the weather is good but I have allergies and sidewalks have irregularities so I have to watch the ground. And I have left my fitbit on the nightstand some days. Plus I had some days in a car - funeral, dr's appt, pick a df up at airport - so I had some low step days. I do need to keep at it or I will be gaining back some of the weight I enjoyed losing.

(May Day week here has been a traditional time to focus on world peace. Local college brings in speaker/s to present various perspectives. Thus the title)

butterfly
Location: <3 Always Believe that Something Wonderful is about to Happen <3

Post by butterfly » Fri May 05, 2017 1:07 am

Oh my gosh! When I saw the words "walrus workout", I just had to check it out. After watching, what does it say that I think that walrus is more limber than I am! :oops: :shock: :oops:

kuruni

Post by kuruni » Fri May 05, 2017 11:58 am

Now I am curious, I can't wait to get home to see this walrus video :D

Hello all,

what happened, where did this week go, why did I not report ? I don't know :oops:

Water intake was absolutely terrible in the negative sense. Step count this week was between 7 and 9k which is ok. Eating could have been more mindful apparently I am still in holiday mode :lol: I definitely need improvement. So I am looking forward to next week :)

Hugs and thoughts to all our friends *waves*

jehanne2

Post by jehanne2 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:47 pm

Kuruni, Great Job on your step count! I hope to be catching up to you soon! :D

Butterfly, HI!! Wasn't that walrus amazing?? I couldn't believe how well he could do the sit-ups and other things! :shock: Loved it! :lol:

Gma, I thought your title was great! Exercise does put us in a happier mood, and walking especially is a way to find peace. 8) (Wish they had a heart emoticon) <3

I did not get a chance to play ping-pong with the kids... :( But we were testing, so during breaks between tests, I led the little ones in a few T-tapp moves. They thought it was more fun than regular school. I thought it was a great way to squeeze in some exercise! :wink:

Thurs: mini T-tapp, >5000 steps

Gma

Post by Gma » Fri May 05, 2017 6:15 pm

I have been helping my mother in her yard. 12K Tues, 11K Wed, and almost 14K yesterday. And at 3600 already today before noon.
I have my yard to rake, my lawn to mow, I have walked her dog. And been to her house 3 times. Good thing we live close! I often say i may wear out the starter on my car going between! I could walk, but every trip would add 20 minutes, and that would take a little too much time out of my day. Plus I bring things back and forth.
Yesterday i did bone-builders fit and strong, local exercise class that I attend weekly, 2x a week in summer (school year there is a conflict on Mondays) And my muscles were sore and I was tired all day.
I hope I can get more done today after a good sleep.

I am so happy you are loving the Walrus!

Gma

Post by Gma » Sat May 06, 2017 5:06 am

last I checked, I was over 12k steps! lots of yard work does it without even tryuing.

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Sat May 06, 2017 1:01 pm

Nice to see you butterfly - it's been too long:)
kuruni - it will all fall back in place:)
Gma walrus was fun:) Amazing numbers!
jehanne ping pong IS fun... especially, when we can keep the ball moving over the table for a while :lol: WTG on teaching T-Tapp.
Thursday:
Sculpt class - 6,400 steps
Friday:
No formal exercise - over 15,000 steps

jehanne2

Post by jehanne2 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:32 am

Big WTG, y'all! Everyone sure is moving! :mrgreen:

I got a few more steps in today, too. Nearly 9000. :D

Gma

Post by Gma » Sun May 07, 2017 6:05 am

everyone is doing well, and smiling!
I left my fitbit in my other pants pocket instead of putting it on my bra strap, so have no idea how many steps today - lots of sitting at concerts and a lecture, but that was fun too, and I did some walking.
Now have brownies in the oven for guests tomorrow.

butterfly

Post by butterfly » Sun May 07, 2017 2:03 pm

kitkat - I was thinking about you and thinking the same - we haven't caught up in ages! Hope all is well with you!

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Mon May 08, 2017 3:29 am

Thanks butterfly - I'm well :) I'm a grandma of 2 :mrgreen:
How have you been?

MMMMM... Brownies, gma - I have not had those in ages...

Nice count jehanne - :mrgreen:

Today:
over 13,000 steps -
spin class and some ping pong :D

butterfly

Post by butterfly » Tue May 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Congratulations, kitkat! How old are your grandchildren? Do they live near you? I think a smile, laugh or hug from one of them is the very best!