Sparkle in September

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Gma

Re: Sparkle in September

Post by Gma » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:57 am

kitkat, you bring a sparkle to all you do :D

my mom is doing waay too much. and asking me to help her with it - which means either I am doing too much or I am facilitating her overdoing it. I am giving her fewer pian pills and her energy level has increased dramatically - although I cannot reflect on that with her, because she immediately tells me how much pain she is in. Which is no different from when she was taking the previous dose.

I have well over 9K again today - can't quite seem to find time to get that last little bit to make 10K. But did officially 'walk' with my walking partner for a while today.

Gma

Post by Gma » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:07 pm

mid afternoon - i have been trimming trees and bushes for mother, plus one large evergreen for her neighbor. I am already at 7500 without any effort!
maybe I will make the magic 10k today!

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:03 am

Gma thanks for the sweet words:)
- I got myself off pain meds when I discovered that breathing through the pain brings me better results than hoping the pill will get rid of it.
I saw no point to the meds after that...
It's wonderful that your dmom is trying to stay active!
WTG on those numbers!

Today: I'll be over 7,000 - took a nice walk with DD near the lake.

edium

Post by edium » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:28 pm

Hooray KitKat and Gma for the continued mindfulness of fitness ! You ladies are an inspiration with the constancy of your posts and efforts.

I am especially thankful for this as I have made a bit of a breakthrough. Of the last 6 days ( M - Th ) I logged over 11,000 steps on the old Omron ! ( Mon I was 297 steps short of 11,000 ). I have noticed slight improvements in a few things that were beginning to really bother me. Enough to keep me focused on increasing efforts !
Perhaps starting to add planks again this week ? :?

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:06 pm

I would love to add planks, edium - they help me feel strong. We can try... I may have to take 3 steps back on them...
WTG on those numbers. You have been a lot more consistent lately!!!

Today, a pleasant surprise: I was able to complete our annual charity walk. (10 K) - total step count : over 21,000

Flyin-kiwi

Post by Flyin-kiwi » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:48 pm

It’s been a few days since I posted, I got busy then the weather packed up. We are in NC, didn’t lose power or get floods here where we live but there was a bit of rain. The gym closed on Friday and didn’t reopen until Sunday afternoon.
I have a few very slow, low steps days to catch up on.
I did use my time wisely, I was sewing for my grandson. :D
I finally got to the gym today and put in twice the distance.
September total 142,681 to 9/16

Have a great week everyone

Gma

Post by Gma » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:52 am

kiwi, you are amazing! Great steps. And sewing for grandson is wonderful! I sewed for my niece, but my son (or his wife?) didn't want me sewing anything for his son. But I get to mend things now and then n :wink: I had 13000 one day at cabin on weekend, forgot to wear Omron other day and felt like I was busier! then today I had a "quiet" day - 5 hrs in car for trip to cabin and back. still had 7000 steps without any effort.

I am heading to Israel/ Holy Land with a group in just 3 weeks! We have been told we need to be prepared to walk 5-8 miles a day. I think I can do that. Only concern is if it is too sunny. I even had trouble in afternoons when I took ds to amusement park for a day, or the zoo if it was hot. I will bring a hat which should help some.

Flyin-kiwi

Post by Flyin-kiwi » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:56 pm

Way to go KitKat, 10k charity walk is no small effort.
Gma, isn’t it always the way, the day the pedometer is forgotten or the fitbit is on charge, we are busier than ever. The 5-8 miles per day will be definitely be a bit of a challenge in the heat. Remember to drink your water to stay hydrated and keep slapping on plenty of sunscreen. Maybe wear a light weight, cotton, long sleeve shirt to keep the sun from burning you.

Yesterday in my efforts to catch up on my self imposed goal I outdid myself. I also slept like a log last night. Maybe I need more days like yesterday.
I’m about to head to the gym shortly to put in another solid effort.
Steps 14,578
September total 157,259 to 9/17