ACTIVE AUGUST

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

kitkat

ACTIVE AUGUST

Post by kitkat » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:57 am

With Gma away, that was the best title I was able to come up with:)

LET'S DO IT!

edium

Re: ACTIVE AUGUST

Post by edium » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:58 pm

Love it, Kit ! It is what is needed. Thanks for starting the thread with Gma away.
My step count is remaining in the bracket I hoped to reach. This week I will concentrate on keeping it toward the high end of that bracket while making sure I get enough (arms/shoulders 'just' feeling it at end of the day) upper body weight work as well.

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:38 am

I'm happy to see you posting, edium!
I'll keep posting, even though it is another "re-start " for me - owing to health issues.

Walking will be the main focus for now, with some at-home yoga, bike, weights, added for good measure. :mrgreen:

helian

Post by helian » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:20 pm

It's the perfect title! I love short and to the point.
Good job with your step counts, edium.
Oh, sorry to hear you're not back to 100%, kitkat. Walking is great! Sounds like a good plan.

I REALLY need to start doing my shoulder exercises. I can feel it again. I don't want to do PT again; not sure I could even convince the Dr. I needed it.

Doing upper body work via weights at the gym would be great, but I don't think it's going to happen this week with my schedule as it is. . . . Thank goodness I'm past the every morning tutorial so I can go back to jogging in the mornings.

Exercise Plan, July 30 - Aug. 1
X M - Jogged 4 miles flat
X T - hot yoga class
X W - jogged 3 miles flat
Th - jog the arb hill X 1 or 1.5; I haven't done this for over a month so I don't know what kind of shape I'll be in
F - REST DAY
Sa. - Jog 5.5 or 6 miles, flat

Back Exercises: M, W
Shoulder Exercises:

edium

Post by edium » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:02 pm

The last 2 days have been rainy and not so good here. No heavy lifting in my life but adequate step count . I had to make myself pace a little more than a bit to keep it up, but thinking about this thread kept me accountable. 8)

I don't know how you do the whole jogging thing Helian, but I do admire you for it ! Just slightly envious of those who do. I'd love a good endorphin dump as I hear happens on a nice jog. :wink:

Kit, do you use any specific yoga program at home ? I have looked at all the links you used to post in the header , but knowing very little about practicing yoga I have no clue where to start.
How's it going ? Feeling better ?

Off to pace and face the last of the yard work for this fortnight that waited for me through the rains. :lol:

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:11 am

Hi helian and edium

Yay for jogging, helium!
Accountability it IS, edium - I still show up here... after...12 years :mrgreen:
Thanks for asking; a bit better today, but this IS a rough patch so even walking around the corner WAS an accomplishment today . I'll keep trying though.
Today is my best day after a horrible week, so I'm celebrating - with oatmeal! :mrgreen:

As for yoga -
I like Grilley, Rodney Yee and Eoin Finn videos. I also used to do Kate Potter's, I should pull those out. If you can't find them, I can try to look for links...

Gma

Post by Gma » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:15 am

great title, kitkat!
sorry to have been away so long - and not here for much tim ein August - home from cabin, but heading to vacation with brother and sister in Western US in a week. meanwhile, many appointments. Challenge: to pack suitcase to be away for a week. need to spend soe mtime thinking abou t that.

While at cabin, i did some kayaking (arms), some paddle boat (legs) and walking - usually made around 9000 when I wore my pedometer.
Spent lots of time taking care of mother. and cleaning cabin.

just checked - made 9000 again today, without makeing any extra effort.
Need to head to bed soon as will get up early tomorrow.

edium

Post by edium » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi Gma ! WTG with the step count even on days you were doing water sports. We'll enjoy your company while you are home for a week. :wink:

Kit, celebrating with oatmeal ? ! Walk for a bit on the wild side, eh ? :lol: Thanks for the Yoga names. I'll give it a shot on You Tube.

My step count is at a new ho hum. But I do still need to be mindful to keep it there. I have not really lost weight but my clothes are more comfortable around the waist than they were last week. That is what I am after ! ( Hate clothes shopping !)