joyfully jumping into June activities 2018

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Gma

joyfully jumping into June activities 2018

Post by Gma » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:06 am

Here we go again! It is summer. time to get moving. Lots of outside activities, and some inside ones as well!

Gma

Re: joyfully jumping into June activities 2018

Post by Gma » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:46 pm

I started teh month out with a bang! Went to the cabin to mow and do other yard work, and ended up with 11,977 steps for the day - tht'a even with 2 hrs in the car each way - total 4 1/2 hrs sitting.
Hope to see lots of activities during the summer - some aerobic, some just plain fun!

edium

Post by edium » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:08 pm

WooHoo, Gma !
I embrace your plan for summer movement. I have not been able to establish any sort of routine of planned movement. Don't have the discipline for that by myself apparently. So I am with you... pay attention to my steps and leap into anything else that will work a muscle group! I've been hovering at 5000- 6000 steps. Will increase that to 8000 by July!

Gma

Post by Gma » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:42 pm

that is a great goal, edium! I will keep you to it!
I didn't put my fitbit on until after 1pm, so I have missed about 2000 steps of working in mother's yard. picking up sticks/ twigs, gathering leaves from over winter that hid themselves under bushes.
Now I have my own yard to mow - I think that will be about another 2000 steps. Then I will have to figure out how to get the remainder in to make 10k. that's my goal for the summer. with occasional forays to 15k, since I need to be in shape to do that come October.

helian

Post by helian » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:50 am

Thanks for keeping this going, Gma.
Sounds like a good goal, edium.

Here's the results of last week's exercise plan.
xercise Plan for 5/28 - 6/2
X M. Jogged 4 miles flat
X T. - rested my back
X W. Jogged 3 miles flat; Yoga class @ 12
X Th. Jogged the hill x 1.5 for 3 miles
X F. REST DAY (or maybe gym for upper body work)
X Sa. Jog 6 - 6.5 miles flat -- ended up 4 miles flat for time's sake

Back Exercises: M, T, W, Th, F, Sa
Shoulder Exercises: 0 -- not good.

I'm on vacation for 2 weeks. My exercise plan: do a lot of walking. Jog if I can. I plan to jog tomorrow morning. I need to keep up with my back exercises; my back is more sore today after traveling with a heavy backpack + suitcase yesterday. I don't have a fitbit anymore, so I can't track my steps, unfortunately. I can try to track time.

Smile*Lee
Location: exotic Illinois ;) Joined SHEs on P&P's Webforums in 2001.

Post by Smile*Lee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:21 pm

Been MIA for awhile. Gym sessions have been going well. Fell of the elliptical wagon for awhile but now getting back into that. Feels good.

Today: power plate, weights, elliptical, treadmill, squats, push ups, plank. Hmm... I sound like an over achiever. :P :wink: :lol: The treadmill and elliptical are both only :15 - and the squats, plank & push ups don't take very long to do.

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:31 pm

Hi Everyone,
Good to see you are still keeping it up:)
This time, I need to join and start from scratch. Time to rebuild. Right now, the only exercise I can do is walking.
Fitbit back in action:
Today: 3,400 steps. (I'll correct if I get some more in)

Gma

Post by Gma » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:41 pm

smiles, have a great trip! you will get lots of walking in.

I am >7k. I counted- 55 trips from mom's [porch to her LR, bringing "stuff" into the house so she can have carpet cleaned tomorrow. That was just teh "ornaments" hse has on top of end tables, shelving units, etc . My Mr VKM will help with the furniture - big porch - there are table, 4 chairs, 2 rockers, a small couch, 2 swings, and a couple swivel chairs. That makes about 10 more trips! I am patting myself on the back for patience with my mother and all her stuff!

Gma

Post by Gma » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:54 pm

accomplished exercise class today!

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:47 am

Well... I see you are going strong, Gma...

Having Fitbit issues... No idea about yesterday's count but today, I was over 8,000 (!!!) steps. However, Fitbit decided to go back to 0.

Gma

Post by Gma » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:15 am

A great activity day today! Exercise class in the morning, mowed my lawn, and did some shopping with my mother, for a total of >13,000 steps!

helian

Post by helian » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:59 pm

You're an inspiration, as always, Gma. WTG with the exercise classes and all the steps!
Is your fitbit healed yet, kitkat? I'd want credit for all my steps! How are you feeling?
LOL! Yes, you are an over-achiever, Smile Lee! :)

Initial scale report after my 2 week vacation: I lost about 2 pounds. :) :shock: I'm a bit shocked b/c I ate SO much on our travels! But I think I underestimated the amount of walking we did, and Greece is hilly, so we were doing a lot of walking up and down hills. Also, our bnbs all had large staircases, so I did a lot of stairs too. Another explanation is that I was bloated with water, and my body released it over the trip. . . . Maybe it was a bit of both. Anyhow, I'm happy to be below 150 again -- and I need to move that number lower.

Exercise Plan Week of 6/18 - 6/24
X M. - jogged 3 miles flat; physical therapy
X T. - jogged 4 miles flat
X W. - Rest Day, apparently; my noon yoga class is no longer on the barre studio's schedule. :(
Th. - Jog the hill, x1.5; shoulder exercises
F. - gym for upper body work with weights
Sa. - try to jog 6? miles between the rain storms. . .. . This may not work, depending on the weather. We'll see. . .

Back Exercises: M, T,
Shoulder Exercises: PT on Monday,

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:25 am

What a lovely trip, helian!
Slowly, I'm getting better, thanks for asking.
Fitbit is on strike... I might need my DD to help me deal with it... :lol:

WTG Gma :mrgreen:

Wanted to share a link:
https://www.ted.com/talks/wendy_suzuki_ ... f_exercise

Gma

Post by Gma » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:23 pm

good TED talk! thanks kitkat!

I have lost my fitbit - don't konw if it is at my house, or at mother's. I found an old omron, and put a new battery in it. I know it is not as accurate as my fitbit, but at least it is soemthing.

(I have been so busy doing so much for my mother, I am a little overwhelmed)

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:38 am

Fitbit keeps us on track, doesn't it, Gma?
Happy to report, that as of this afternoon, mine is behaving. :)
Glad you enjoyed the TEDtalk

Saturday: 3 hour walk in the park with dkids... It included stroller pushing up and down hills.
Sunday: Yin Yoga (now I know how rusty I am... Child's pose was an impossible dream :lol: )

helian

Post by helian » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:23 pm

Glad your fitbit is back in the game, kitkat!
Have you found your fitbit, Gma? I'll have to watch the TED talk.

My fitbit broke (it wouldn't recharge anymore) and I didn't concern myself with replacing it since I track my exercise by miles rather than steps right now. Also, I think it was giving me more steps than I was actually taking -- and it was communicating to my WW app and giving me more exercise points than I believe I had earned.

I pretty much carried out my exercise plan last week, except I never did my shoulder exercises. :roll: I'll try to do them at least once this week. Plus yoga, that would make 2 work outs for my shoulder.

X M. - jogged 4 miles flat
T - hot yoga with dh
W - jog 3 miles, probably indoors since it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow :roll:
Th. - jog the hill; can I try x2? That would make it 3.5 miles
F. - rest day
Sa. - Try to jog 6.5 miles, flat

Back exercises: M,
Shoulder exercises:

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:44 am

helian - we are getting your rain tomorrow.
(BTW, you asked on the other thread, DC = declutter)
Great goals!

Monday: around 8,000 steps
Tuesday: Pilates class (getting there...)

Gma

Post by Gma » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:10 am

still haven't found my fitbit. It may be gone for good. Sure haven't seen it at mother's, and it hasn't appeared at my house either.
But I found an older omron, and put a new battery in it. I recall that it is not as accurate as teh Fitbit, but it did register 9800 steps today.
If I can get up early enough tomorrow, my lawn needs mowing. That will jump start the day.