Action Plan for April Activities 2018

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

kitkat

Re: Action Plan for April Activities 2018

Post by kitkat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:17 am

Smile.Lee - changed routines can mess us up...
KimmyAnn wasn't there another mom expecting with you way back then?
edium doggie must be adorable. Thanks, I feel better:)
We had a bit of snow, too, Gma
helian wtg on those jogs!

Monday: Hot Yoga
Tuesday: Pilates and 8,700 steps

helian

Post by helian » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:13 am

Thanks kitkat! Congratulations on your classes!
That's a good point, yes, Smile Lee. I tend to be black and white with my exercise. It's hard for me to do something shorter -- but that would be good for me!
It's hard to keep on an eating plan when visiting with family, etc. KimmyAnn.
How is your back after all the bending and lifting, edium?
We had a dusting of snow on the ground again this morning, Gma. I'm getting really tired of it. I don't think I could live in MN. WTG with your desk! Are you getting to walk with other people/in other ways?

I did a 4 mile jog today immediately after work which meant I was pretty tired at the beginning of the jog. It was the only way to fit it in this afternoon though.

Rough exercise plan this week:
T - jog 4 miles flat
W - jog the arb hill x1; 2.5 miles
Th - ?? It will be very windy here. Maybe go to the gym? Or just skip?
Sun. - Jog while at my parents' home in IL, 4 miles. Flat. LOL! If you know central Illinois, you'll understand -- no need to specify "flat." :)
Shoulder Exercises:
Back Exercises:

Smile*Lee
Location: exotic Illinois ;) Joined SHEs on P&P's Webforums in 2001.

Post by Smile*Lee » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:18 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Smile*Lee on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gma

Post by Gma » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:53 am

not getting in much walking atm. my walking partner is in Europe for 2 weeks, and I have been sedentary trying to sort through just SOME of my house. I ahve focused on my house for several days - to the neglect of what Mother wants done at her house. So tomorrow I will dedicate several hrs to her.

helian

Post by helian » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:03 pm

I did jog the hill yesterday. I'm going to skip today, even though that will mean no exercise for 2 or 3 days. I don't know whether I can jog at my parents on Saturday or Sunday. It will depend on the weather. I need to use my non-payroll time today to work around the house to prep for guests tonight. We will have a full table at our weekly Thursday dinner party this week. I'm setting the table for 9!

Rough exercise plan this week:
X T - jog 4 miles flat
X W - jog the arb hill x1; 2.5 miles
O Th - ?? It will be very windy here. Maybe go to the gym? Or just skip?
Sun. - Jog while at my parents' home in IL, 4 miles. Flat. LOL! If you know central Illinois, you'll understand -- no need to specify "flat." :)

Shoulder Exercises: W - abbr. version;
Back Exercises:

Gma

Post by Gma » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:04 am

good going! no, Great going!
I went to funeral today, 75 miles away, much sitting.

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Impressive how our little thread grew :)
WTG helian for finding time and motivation!
Gma your activity level is always high :)

Wednesday: Yin Yoga
Thursday ; Yin and Sculpt class
Friday: Hot Yoga

I'm done for the week - we are expecting storms
I can work out at home ... or take a break:)

edium

Post by edium » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Hey, yes, I am alive ! :lol:

Kit, yes Ddog is adorable. Personality is not what I am used to, but he is not my dog. He just lives in my house. :wink:
I think working out at home for a bit sounds fine ! :mrgreen:

Gma, driving can be a workout all by itself ! Not so great on toning some muscles though.... :roll: I am sure you will make up for it in no time !

Helian, my back was fine after the books, but finishing the edging around the azalea beds Friday nearly did it in. :lol: Had help from a young man with a bad back. So while he dug, tamped and stacked, I loaded my hand cart hauled and unloaded the recycled landscape blocks. It looks great and my back is better ( after babying it ) for the work out !

Hey Kimmy and Feather and jehanne and .... my memory needs more work too ! :oops:

Meanwhile my step count is continuing to either hold or improve at least 6 days a week. And so does other movement. I now have quite the course laid out in my house for rainy weather days . I may have to figure out several changes in case it starts wearing in the old wood floors ! :oops: :mrgreen:

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:05 am

edium you would not want doggie to be boring:) (I have dogs like that: they aren't mine but they stay here :lol: )
I'm looking forward to joining you in gardening -once we find the garden under the ice :roll:

Hot yoga today. Plus shovelling, breaking up ice...
No exercise Saturday/Sunday

Smile*Lee
Location: exotic Illinois ;) Joined SHEs on P&P's Webforums in 2001.

Post by Smile*Lee » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:51 am

Howdy everyone! New plan for this week. My power plate sessions got changed from 3 to 2 days because I don't want to go in the afternoon. I'm using the new schedule to change up my routine, maybe even work in some classes. Instead of doing weights and power plate on same day, I'm going do alternate days, which will work in more power plate in using it for a warm up and cool down on the weights days, and more treadmill time.
For future summer activity -- There's a park with a pretty long walk/jog path on my route to the gym. Looking forward to doing a quick run/walk on that and getting itchy to get out on the bike trail.

:arrow: April Cardio Challenge
• Work towards :30 daily cardio
• planks

Challenge Week 10
Monday
⭐️Gym - :15 tread/wts
Tuesday:
⭐️Gym - :15 tread/pp
Wednesday:
Gym: :15 tread/wts
Thursday:
Gym: :15 tread/pp
Friday :
Gym: :15 tread/wts
Saturday :
Sunday :

Total: 11:45
February: 3:10
March: 6:00 - ⭐️⭐️ 2 days @ :30
April: 2:45 - ⭐️⭐️ 2 days @ :30
Last edited by Smile*Lee on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gma

Post by Gma » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:21 am

great big, HUGE WTG! to all of you paying attention to your actin plans!
I ahve bene dating, shopping with my mother, shovelling snow, and more of the same planned for tomorrow.
Not paing much attn to steps!
but good for all of you who are doing beneficial activities!

helian

Post by helian » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:45 pm

Gma, you've been busy! Shoveling is good exercise, but just be careful!
Park sounds great, Smile Lee. I hope the new schedule works for you!
Glad your back is better, edium.
WTG with your classes, kitkat. I hope you're done with snow and ice.

I have a low-key work schedule for the next month, and then I'm taking June off b/c of travels! Yay! This means I can get back into an exercise routine. I might even start adding in some barre classes, especially some yoga.

Plan for this week:
X T - PT for my shoulder; it got a good work out
W - walk with dfriend; jog - not too long since I won't have much time late in the afternoon
Th - longer jog, 4 miles?
Sa. - jog longer, 5 or 6 miles

Shoulder PT exercises: 1 or 2 times
Back Exercises: try for 2 times this week

KimmyAnn1147

Post by KimmyAnn1147 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi everybody! Boy, did I go AWOL for a minute!

I have kept up with calorie counting. Yay me! I have been keeping to a planned intake pretty consistently for about 2 weeks. I haven't seen reliable wt drop yet, but I think I will.

KitKat, yes, I'm sure there was another member expecting at the same time. I just don't remember who that was at the moment.
Helian, are you planning to get back in routine this month?
Gma, did you say you have been dating? How is that going?
Lee, I don't remember my "red dress". Maybe that wasn't me, but maybe it was!
Kitkat, wtg on more movement!

As for me, I've been in a bit of emotional upheaval for a few days now. I've been self-obsessed and seeing signs of midlife crisis, like fantasies of having an affair, obsession with a movie star, and a strong desire to drink alcohol (which I can't do now, due to a medication I'm taking) Sorry if this is an overshare. I'm a Christian, happily married, and in no way want to put my marriage, family, or health at risk with any of the above temptations, but I've been driven to fantasize about them. This was all triggered by watching a movie with a very compelling male supporting actor, but I also had a touch of it around Mid-feb, and I had some significant but short-lived depression the last week of March as well. The medication can cause depression, so I'm watching that. I probably would benefit from more work outside in the garden. BUT enough about that. I have to work on turning my perspective toward being of service to others. That's the key to peace of mind, not dreaming about a more exciting, more passionate, more interesting life.

Tuesday

Track food in calorie app 5-7 days per week.
yes.I've undereaten the past 2 days due to decreased appetite, as a result of the emotional upheaval. This is not normal for me, I'm a stress eater, so usually it's the opposite. I' will want to watch this as well, since I could easily end up having rebound binging.

Light but filling dinners (lots of veggies), followed by a planned dessert and then no more food. Yes. This has been easy lately.

Gma

Post by Gma » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:34 pm

I ate really healthy yesterday, and pretty good today too.
Not getting enough steps in, but may be able to change that - if can let go of/ FINISH! some housekeeping that I am trying to focus on!

Went to a party at former work place today - saw a nurse who was having significant health issues when I left 2 yrs ago. She - on her own, without support from her dr's (Mayo Clinic no less), bout the book Eat to Live and has been following mostly a plant based diet for over a year. And she looks so much better than EVER! ++++SHE IS HEALTHY! ++++ I will be checking B&N for that book and see if htey have it or can get it.

and yes, I am dating, and it is going VERY WELL!

kitkat

Post by kitkat » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:03 am

I'm a big fan of Dr. Fuhrman, Gma -
Dson and I spent a day at one of his seminars. Good research.
Waving to KimmyAnn, helian and Smile.Lee

skipped yoga class on Wednesday, did one today, plus a Sculpt class. :D