Dedicated to Exercise in December 2017

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Dedicated to Exercise in December 2017

Postby Gma » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:27 am

another month has gone by! We are entering what is the busiest month of the year for many. This month takes dedication and planning to make time for our own wellbeing. If we do not have time to take care of our selves: physically, morally, mentally, spiritually, socially (both family and friends) then we have symptoms of being overwhelmed, over burdened. We need to pay attention to how our behavior reflects our priorities and values.
A healthy body and spirit are essential for the energy we need to get through this month.

sooooo........

as has been said before

It's all about giving ourselves the opportunity to meet a challenge, and, whatever happens, doing more than we would have.
State your exercise plans then post when you've done it. You can be as specific or as vague as you like in your plans. Be realistic in your goals - if you're not used to exercising or just getting back into it start off small - remember Baby Steps! At the end of the week add up your total and see how you did!

LINKS
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/tibetan-rites-practice

https://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness.html

http://www.limyoga.com/

http://www.irun.ca

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHBR5MZmEsY tai chi
Gma

Re: Dedicated to Exercise in December 2017

Postby jehanne2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:18 am

D E C E M B E R !!! :shock: :o :shock: :!: :!:
jehanne2

Postby kitkat » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:15 am

I know what you mean jehanne :mrgreen:
Thanks for the start Gma - you are so RIGHT!

I started December (today) with a ROWing class!
Off to do my PLANK!!!
kitkat

Postby Doodle Do » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:44 pm

I started December with a marathon - 26.2 miles :D

It was a day of many emotions; I missed my running partner - my DH. The last time I crossed the start and finish line at Rehoboth was with him in 2014 when we did a half marathon on his birthday (he passed a way a year later a day after his 49th birthday after a long battle with cancer). I am still blown away that he trained and ran a half marathon while have chemo and that he was always grateful that he could.
I trained two years running for this marathon, last year I ended up in a boot 6 days before the race and couldn't run (after doing all those hard long runs :roll: ).
This year I made it through the training uninjured and even though it is my slowest marathon ever (4 hours 59 minutes) I was so pleased to finish it in one piece.
This one was for my lovely man - when the going got tough I just remembered all he went through and his amazing attitude and kept putting one foot in front of another. He is still inspiring me.

My step count for yesterday was 52709 :lol:
Doodle Do

Postby kitkat » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:06 pm

(((((((((()))))))))) and Congratulations Doodle - WTG!!!
DH must have been a very special person. It breaks my heart to read just how young he was:( I'm sure you felt a connection during the run.
We are all proud of you! :D
kitkat

Postby Gma » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:37 pm

yaaay Doodle!
Gma

Postby jehanne2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:35 am

Awww! ((Hugs)), Doodle! :| Thank you for sharing your DH's story. He sounds like a lovely man, indeed. <3 I am sure he is proud of you!
And yes-- your step count was amazing-- to be understating the obvious! :mrgreen:

Remembering Gma's statement that walking every day helped her get more done, I decided I really need to get up and going every morning! I didn't walk much this morning, but it did help me get a move on! :)

Mon: Walked :15, gardened :30, T-tapp :15

I will prob also plank before I go to bed, if I don't forget! :?
jehanne2

Postby kitkat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:42 am

WTG jehanne - good to see you (and all the others) moving in December! Probably the most difficult month for it. :mrgreen:
kitkat

Postby helian » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Wahoo, Doodle! I'm SO impressed by your marathon! Congratulations!! And I was touched to hear a little about your and your dh's story.
((HUGS)) I'm inspired by him and you both! I think he would be proud of you too. We sure are! I hope you are able to recover well.

I'm already on plan B for the week. I couldn't get out to jog yesterday b/c I finished the fall yard clean up instead. But I'm glad I got that done.

Plan B is the same as last week's plan:
T - 4.5 mile flat
W - yoga
Th - run the arb hill x2
Sa. - 9 miles flat

The weather isn't inspiring for a jog, but I know I'll feel fine once I get going. It's pretty windy though so I"ll run against the wind first.
helian

Postby kitkat » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:45 am

kitkat

Postby helian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:33 am

That is inspiring, kitkat! Wow! I want to be like her when I grow up! :)

Well, my week ended up being PLan C. My schedule is a bit busier than before and I think running 4x/week + 1 yoga class is unrealistic right now.
Plan C:
Mon and Tues. - nothing
Wed. - run the arb hill x2
Th. - run 4.5 miles flat
Sa. - 8 miles flat; downgraded from 9 b/c snowy/icy paths slowed me down

I'd like to do better next week, but I'm not sure I'll be able to b/c of my schedule. We'll see. I am committed to keeping active, though.
helian

Postby kitkat » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:13 am

Sorry Everyone, I did not forget about you -
have been really sick with cough, earache, etc...
Back as soon as I can. :mrgreen:
kitkat

Postby Smile*Lee » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:19 am

Feeling better, so hope to get back to posting this week.

This week's plan:
-- MWF: gym
-- planks
-- TTHS: home exercises
-- cardio 3 days -
Smile*Lee

Location: exotic Illinois ;) Joined SHEs on P&P's Webforums in 2001.

Postby helian » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Well, my schedule is getting worse, not better. :roll: I may go to the gym this week and renew my membership. I can't run while it is snowing.
I can run after it has snowed and paths have been cleared. However, today is the 2nd day this week that snow has impacted my exercise routine.

I'm also taking a break from yoga while I do PT - b/c of my schedule not b/c of pain. I just don't do the yoga moves that hurt my shoulder. However, PT wants me to come in for a total of 3 hours/ week, so something has to give. :shock:

Also, as long as there is snow on the ground, I'm not going to jog the arb hill. It's slippery; it is not cleared like the paths since it is gravel and dirt.

My plan this week is completely up in the air:
X M - jogged 4 miles flat; it was snowing.
W - can I get in any exercise??
Th. - can I get in any exercise??
Fri. - usually a rest day before a longer run but if I can't run earlier this week, I might do it this day
Sat. - jog 6 miles flat
helian

Return to SHEs in Shape