WEEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGE Sept 11 thru 17

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

WEEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGE Sept 11 thru 17

Postby Gma » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:35 pm

It's all about giving ourselves the opportunity to meet a challenge, and, whatever happens, doing more than we would have.
State your exercise plans for the week then post when you've done it. You can be as specific or as vague as you like in your plans. Be realistic in your goals - if you're not used to exercising or just getting back into it start off small - remember Baby Steps! At the end of the week add up your total and see how you did!

LINKS
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/tibetan-rites-practice

https://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness.html

http://www.limyoga.com/

http://www.irun.ca

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHBR5MZmEsY tai chi
Gma

Re: WEEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGE Sept 11 thru 17

Postby Gma » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:43 pm

doodle, how is your back?
helian, all you stated here should be run by your primary care provider. Sometimes, bleeding gets heavier prior to menopause, sometimes lighter. Women vary so much!
kitkat, 4mph is much faster than I usually do. yes, jogging may be a good description.
jehanne, you have incrfeased your ability throughout the seasons.

A week ago I WAAY overdid at the cabin, my fitbit recordeed 27 full flights of stairs. My knee started to hurt, but I have not given it much TLC or any extra rest, so it is crabbing at me. RICE r est, I ce, compression, elevation treatment has not been in my time frame either. Today I have a lawn to mow. Yesterday I mowed the cabin. I want a little time to rest it, trying to keep my steps to 7500 or even fewer for a few days may be helpful.
Gma

Postby Doodle Do » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:01 am

Thanks for starting the week off Gma. I hope your knee improves with a bit of tender loving care on your part.

My back is a lot better thank you. I managed my long run on Saturday without any pain which is a big relief.
I have been stretching regularly and today I did a 15 min Pilates video. I use to do Pilates a lot and always enjoyed it. I modified some of the exercises to make sure I didn't stress my back.

Today
3 mile run
15 mins of Pilates
Doodle Do

Postby Gma » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:58 am

going to bed early (before Midniihgt!) 11 flights of stairs today (tried to do fewer than usual, but Mom needed help) and will rest my leg/ knee overnight, and do some cold packs to fight inflammation.
Gma

Postby Gma » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:03 pm

knee is not all better, and does not want me to walk distances yet, but is gradually improving. fit bit says I haven't done anything yet today because I forgot to put it on!
Gma

Postby Smile*Lee » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:48 am

Hi, Gma & Doodle! You gals take care of those backs & knees!

Going to try and get back to posting here.

Sun - 13 mile bike ride. :shock: My pelvic bones were pretty sore after that! A rail trail just opened up and the start of it is right across the street from us! We love it!
Mon- :30 power plate - :30 weight machines - :25 hill/jog treadmill - :10 stretching
Tues - 30 squats - 3 push ups - 50 calf pumps - stretching
Wed - power plate
Thurs - do something
Fri - gym
Sat - do something
Last edited by Smile*Lee on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smile*Lee

Location: exotic Illinois ;) Joined SHEs on P&P's Webforums in 2001.

Postby Gma » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:33 am

I "took it easy " today - only 7200 steps and 6 flights of stairs. Walked the dog - about 4 city blocks. That was about all I could tolerate.
I would like to take it "easier" for a few days but don't konw how...
Gma

Postby Smile*Lee » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:02 pm

Hopefully, your knee is continuing to recover, Gma.

Just did power plate today. Had some PT done before hand and just didn't feel stressing the area out again.
Smile*Lee

Location: exotic Illinois ;) Joined SHEs on P&P's Webforums in 2001.

Postby kitkat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:57 am

So good to see this thread doing so well .
WTG Ladies.
Just dropping in to say HI. I'm moving... maybe not as much as I'd like to, but I got a cold, with a bit of laryngitis... so I'm more careful.

Sunday: 14,000 steps plus Spinning
Monday: 7,000 steps
Tuesday: 10,000
Wednesday: 12,000 plus Spinning class
kitkat

Postby helian » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:30 am

Yes, Gma, I should probably let my GP know about those times when I felt light-headed while running. She knows about my cycle. I don't remember if I told her about fainting Feb. 2016 or not? I should see her again this Dec., I think. Right now, I'm doing so well that it would be weird to go in. BTW, that sure sounds like a lot for taking it easy.
That's a lot of steps, kitkat!
Glad your back is getting better, Doodle.
You're doing great getting in exercise every day, Smile Lee!

I've just had my best paces ever on my last 4 runs: sprints last week, my long run of 11.5 miles last week, my 4.5 mile run this week, AND my hills run. I'm also doing better in my yoga class. I don't know what happened. It seems like suddenly my body is stronger. :?:

I have quite the hairy schedule this week, so I'm finding it hard to fit in my running. I've run after work in the late afternoon this week, and I've been feeling really good at that time, more energetic than I feel first thing in the morning, actually. Maybe that is because I've gotten some nutrition in me during the day? In the morning, I typically run with just a cup of tea w/ milk in my stomach.

Plan for Week of 9/11 - 9/17
M - Ran 4.5 miles flat
T - didn't manage to run; hot yoga class in the evening
W - Ran 3.6 miles, arb hill x2
Th - Run sprints? Not sure I'll have time
F - rest day
Sat. - Medium Run, 8 miles
Sun. - Rest Day

helian

Postby kitkat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:08 am

It's all coming together for you, helian - wonderful!

No formal exercise today: over 10,500 steps.
kitkat

Return to SHEs in Shape