WeEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES - August 6-12

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

WeEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES - August 6-12

Postby kitkat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:33 am

SUMMER IS A WONDERFUL TIME TO INCREASE OUR ACTIVITY AND IMPROVE OUR HEALTH

It's all about giving ourselves the opportunity to meet a challenge, and, whatever happens, doing more than we would have.
State your exercise plans for the week then post when you've done it. You can be as specific or as vague as you like in your plans. Be realistic in your goals - if you're not used to exercising or just getting back into it start off small - remember Baby Steps! At the end of the week add up your total and see how you did!

LINKS
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/tibetan-rites-practice

https://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness.html

http://www.limyoga.com/

http://www.irun.ca[
kitkat

Re: WeEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES - August 6-12

Postby kitkat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:34 am

Goal for this week: outdoor walks and yoga

Today:
Spin class plus over 12,000 steps.
kitkat

Postby Gma » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:48 am

hi, back fro the lake - for just a couple days....

thanks for getting the week started, kitkat
spent time in kayak, in paddle boat (legs got tired! trying to keep up with my very strong 11 yr old grandson!) and jsut general activity. easily made 10k or close most days.

back home; staying at mother's to help her
will walk dog tomorrow and join my walking partner as well.
and lake activity wednesday and following - more kayak, plus plenty of house maintenance required this summer
Gma

Postby helian » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Goals for this week: (1) Keep up with back exercises to help my back fully recover and (2) get back into running.

I ran about 33 minutes this a.m. ! Because all my technology died early on in my run, I don't know my pace or distance -- but I DO know my back was OK, mildly sore by the end. I'm happy that I can get back to it! I'll still try to keep it easy and monitor my back. I won't do yoga yet.

If my back is OK, this is my plan . . . . .

M - Test Jog -- Success! About 33 minutes.
T - Jog 4.5 miles,
W - rest day
Th - Jog the arb hill, perhaps less than 2x if my back is bothering me
F - rest day
Saturday - Jog Medium, try for 7 miles
Sunday - rest day
helian

Postby Smile*Lee » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:14 pm

* Sweaty greetings!

helian ~ glad you're finally able to get back to your running!

Gma ~ all that lake air is so good!

kit ~ wtg on spin class!

Back from the reunion. Did absolutely nothing while I was away, but I hopped right back on the horse today. When I got there, I only intended to do power plate today, but I started feeling better, so I did the whole work out. Go, me! :wink: :mrgreen:

• :30 power plate
    • :30 weights
    • Added 5 minutes onto my cross country - up & down walk/jog - from :15 - :20. Felt good!
Smile*Lee

Location: exotic Illinois ;) Joined SHEs on P&P's Webforums in 2001.

Postby countrycook » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:32 am

Doing a bit better with hip exercises . Did 3 planks today, I do a very modified version my p/ t figured out for me .
Trying to work up to 5,000 steps regularly

kitkat- wtg on steps

helian- gld your back is improving

Smile- cross- country sounds good
countrycook

Postby helian » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Planks are hard. Even when modified. WTG CC!
Wow, the whole work out Smile Lee! You go Girl!!! Are you sore today?
Activity at the lake house with grandkids sounds like a delightful way to get in some exercise, Gma!

Did back exercises 3x yesterday. Once so far today.

I've switched up my weekly plan b/c my back was more sore than usual throughout the day yesterday. So, I'm resting today and will jog again tomorrow. However, my back seems to feel pretty good this a.m, so I probably could have stuck with my original plan. Oh, well. I'm erring on the side of caution this time.
helian

Postby Smile*Lee » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:37 pm

Nice work on the planks, cc! Rooting you on to 5,000!

Not much soreness, helian. I'm pretty easy on myself getting back into weights. I've hurt myself too many times in the past. Can't afford to do that too much more as I'm getting older. I had to back off as much as 20 pounds on some of the machines after my surgery hiatus. That's okay. Moving forward is good enough. I also decided to do more reps at a lighter weight rather than trying increase weights so quickly. My legs tend to put on bulk rather easily. Makes it hard for pants to fit properly in all the right places. :P :roll: I heard Chuck Norris - on one of his Total Gym commercials - say that he's moved to more reps/lighter weights as he's gotten older. Thinks he actually feels better doing that. For now - taking his word for it. He looks pretty darn good! :lol: ••• Re: back -- yep -- better safe than sorry. One more day - in the light of eternity - won't make a difference. :wink: :lol:

Welllllllllll....... haven't done any exercise so far...... will she :?: ....... or won't she :?: ...... THAT is the question...... :?: :?: :?:
Smile*Lee

Postby countrycook » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:31 am

Hi ladies
Busy day ,kind of frustrated cause I didn't get all my dailies done. Ok, at least I got most of them done .Seemed like I did more than this .Managed to do an exercise tape ,boy am I tired ,think I'll tackle the easier one next time.
Made seafood newburgh for supper,on toast with a few string beans from my lil' garden .I'll freeze partof the newburg,used sea legs . Trying to do one larger meal to freeze every week .
Got to run out and water a few of my veggies, didn't get enough rain last night .
Will do hip e ercises when I get back in.

Did 1 mile tape with weights,up to 4000 steps so far. Yesterday made 3500

Smile - I have to keep takings slowly or I really mess myself up.

Helian- resting your back sounds like good idea
countrycook

Postby Gma » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:41 pm

gradual increases are best. every other day is general recommendation, but as i age Inotice that i need 2 days of recovery after working an area.
a plan would be good, wish I had a life that I could follow a routine :lol: but be careful what i wish for!

made 10k steps yesterday be walking at Target and walking the dog.

heading back to my cabin to work on projects there, and have guests for the weekend.
Gma

Postby jehanne2 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Gma, have fun at your cabin!! :mrgreen:

CC, sounds like you are doing well! I have days like that, when I have to focus on what I DID do, instead of what I didn't. :? The seafood newburgh sounds awesome!! -- but what do you mean by "used sea legs"?

SmileLee, that Chuck Norris idea of more reps, lighter weights sounds like a winner! Gaining wisdom as we grow older... :wink:

Helian, glad your back is starting to feel better! :D

Kitkat, are you getting your walks in? :)

I've been walking more, getting my 10K steps more often. I heard from a fit acquaintance that we NEED to sweat, in order to flush out the toxins. :| I don't like to sweat, so I'm having to readjust my attitude. Trying to remember to pick up the pace every chance I get.

Mon: Walked 3 miles, 10,000 steps by 3 pm. :D Made over 12,000 by the end of the day.
Tue: FM-- played games with kids there, as a back-to-school special day. Didn't wear my pedo, but got quite a few steps in, I am sure!
Wed: Walked 1.5 miles, chased goats back in the yard 3x. Over 8,000 steps so far-- hoping to make the magic 10. ;)
jehanne2

Postby Smile*Lee » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:57 pm

jehanne ~ I like the "chasing goats." I bet that gets interesting! :lol: I'm picturing a lot of sprinting - short fiber activation - balance darting in one direction, then another.

cc ~ seafood newburgh sounds yummy! wtg on the exercise tape!

I started a cleanse this week because of the meds I'd been on for the April surgery and recovery. I've done this before, but this time it seemed to pack a wallop. Did a full workout on Wednesday and came home crashed for about 3 hours. Woke up with a huge bucket on my head this morning. Decided to just do power plate today. If I feel up to it, I'll do a little more later here at home. I'm stopping the cleanse today and will resume on Monday. We've got a business venture pitch to go to tomorrow in someone's backyard. They'll be grilling & there will be lots of people. We're also taking our older son and wife since they live close by. Anyhoos... don't want to be feeling all carpy around what's supposed to be a fun time.

That's it for me! Still hanging in there! :mrgreen:
Smile*Lee

Postby jehanne2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:52 am

Wow, SmileLee-- "Still hanging in there!" sounds like a great achievement, under the circumstances! Hope you are feeling better and have a great time at the cookout! :D

Fri: Walked 3 mi, T-tapp warmup beforehand. Almost 12000 steps. Totalled almost 13000 yesterday. Amazed that it has turned out easier than I expected to hit that 10K mark regularly. Although I have to rest for awhile after my early morning walks, I am feeling much better overall and am enjoying the quiet, pretty mornings. :mrgreen:
jehanne2

Postby kitkat » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:05 am

Hi Ladies ! WTG on your workouts! :mrgreen:
I'm back from our little break:) I kept up the walking on rough, hilly, rocky terrain.(8,000 - 10,000 steps per day)
Back to normal this week.
kitkat

Return to SHEs in Shape