WEEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES July 9-15

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

WEEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES July 9-15

Postby kitkat » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:27 am

SUMMER IS A WONDERFUL TIME TO INCREASE OUR ACTIVITY AND IMPROVE OUR HEALTH

It's all about giving ourselves the opportunity to meet a challenge, and, whatever happens, doing more than we would have.
State your exercise plans for the week then post when you've done it. You can be as specific or as vague as you like in your plans. Be realistic in your goals - if you're not used to exercising or just getting back into it start off small - remember Baby Steps! At the end of the week add up your total and see how you did!

LINKS

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/tibetan-rites-practice

https://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness.html

http://www.limyoga.com/

http://www.irun.ca
Last edited by kitkat on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
kitkat

Re: WEEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES July 9-15

Postby kitkat » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:29 am

Time for me to get serious!
Goal for the week:
5 classes PLUS walking

Sunday:
Yin Yoga class plus 8,000 steps
Monday:
Over 16,000 steps
kitkat

Re: WEEKLY EXERCISE PLEDGES July 8-14

Postby helian » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Wow. That's an ambitious goal, kitkat. Your step counts are really high! How far are you walking? I typically won't get above 10K unless I run that day.

I got about 23K steps on Saturday -- but I ran 9.5 miles to get most of that.

I was originally going to run in the neighborhood on Monday morning, but Sunday was so busy, plus our friends didn't leave our home until 9:30 Sunday night, that I needed time Monday morning to finish prep for payroll instead of running. . . So I'll run W instead.

Weekly Plan:
T - 4.5 miles flat; yoga class @ 5:30
W - jog in neighborhood. Distance will depend on how early I get up. The neighborhood is fairly hilly.
Th - jog sprints
F - REST DAY
Sa - medium jog - 7 miles flat
Sun - RECOVERY DAY
helian

Postby Smile*Lee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Hi kit & helian!

Trying for the umpteenth time to get back into an active life after another surgery. *sigh* Thankfully, I had the wisdom to hire a personal trainer at the beginning of all this a couple of years ago. At least, she's kept me going. The meds made it very difficult to stay motivated. I'm done with the meds, so hopefully, I can stay more focused and gain some traction. I know I've lost some muscle mass and bone density. Coming to you gals for a kick in the hiney and for holding my feet to the fire. If I don't do it, no matter how much I whine, please get on my case. :roll: :mrgreen:

Daily goals -- walk & check in.

This week's goals:
M - 30 power plate
T - walk - squats
W - walk - Power plate
Th - walk - squats, push ups
F - walk ?? Trainer is off to a conference up in your neck of the woods, helian - Grand Rapids.

Also posted this over in July Goals.

July week 2:
9 - 10 - 11- 12 - 13 - 14 - 15

July week 3:
16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22

July week 4:
23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29

July week 5:
30 - 31
Smile*Lee

Location: exotic Illinois ;) Joined SHEs on P&P's Webforums in 2001.

Postby kitkat » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:44 am

SmileLee - we keep trying:)
helian - kiddie walks, doggie walks, plus a trip to the mall add up quickly:) WTG on keeping those runs going in the heat!

Today:
Pilates class and 9,000 steps (some of it on rough terrain, with babies and stroller...)
kitkat

Postby jehanne2 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:01 am

Smile Lee, that is what we are here for-- to give and receive encouragement! :D Ikwym about losing muscle. I can feel the difference when I have been sitting around more.

Kitkat, lol-- that rough terrain with dkids and a stroller should count double! 8)

Helian, running instead of walking to get your steps in sounds pretty ambitious to me. And 23K? Big WTG!! :shock:

Where are Gma and others? Can't remember names, but it seems quite a few are missing. On vacation maybe?

I am trying to be more ambitious with my goals. As the headline said, these summer days are the days to be getting out there and doing it! Aiming to walk more, T-tapp more, and try to get in my 10k steps. So far:

Mon: T-tapp, 8500 steps
Tues: 30 min walking, 10,000 steps :mrgreen:

Our lame goats and duck are doing better. (In case anyone wanted to know. :wink: )
jehanne2

Postby kitkat » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:38 am

jehanne - I miss Gma, kuruni, Doodle, Costumelady... just to name a few of our former exercisers:)
Good for you! Those numbers are looking good:)
We always like to hear about your ducks and goats - and the occasional cow:)

Wednesday:
I did :25 of a Body Pump class. (I quit when we moved onto things that were likely to bother my back) - over 17,000 steps
Thursday:
Spin class and over 11,000 steps
kitkat

Postby jehanne2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:17 am

Wow, kitkat, you just keep on amazin'! :mrgreen:

About my cow... She is doing fine, seems well and happy at the farm. But she was supposed to have had another calf by now. :? Sometimes they don't 'take'-- but when they are looking pretty fat, it is disappointing when nothing happens. Her milk is all dried up; so I am having to buy milk from a friend who has a cow. No complaints-- it is really good milk, with a lot of cream. But it is hard to get there to purchase it sometimes.

I've been not so good today. Scrubbed out my shower, but didn't get a lot of steps in the process. So only about 5000 steps today.
jehanne2

Postby kitkat » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:20 am

Thanks, jehanne - struggling a bit:)
Shower scrubbing? It's a workout even if it does not involve steps, jehanne!
Hope your Dcow will perform as expected... :)

Today:
Yoga class and just a bit over 8,000 steps. Not so amazing:)
kitkat

Postby helian » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:41 pm

I agree that scrubbing a shower is a work out, jehanne. I'm curious if your dcow will have a calf or not. . . . I bet you're getting lots of exercise with your animals that may not show up as steps. Glad your lame goats and ducks are doing better.
I hope your trainer enjoys her time in our lovely state, Smile Lee! MI is lovely in the summer!! I don't get over to Grand Rapids very often. Did you walk yesterday?
That's really great that everyday activities are adding up to a lot of steps for you, kitkat.

Yes, where are the others?

I didn't run Wednesday morning this week after all. I needed the time to prep for payroll. I need to get that done earlier so I can run 4x/week. Well, this session at the school ends in 2 more weeks, and then my schedule may very well change again.

My abs are still sore from hot yoga on Tuesday. We had a sub, and he had us do a series of ab exercises early in the hour. I guess my abs are weak and flabby! LOL!

It is really lovely outside now! I'm going to finish gathering stuff and get my (hopefully 7 mile) jog done. It's cool, about 61* right now -- but the skies are clear and the sun is shining so it might warm up quickly. Dh has already left for his medium length run. He dropped a bottle of water for me. :)
helian

Postby Gma » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:43 pm

I was at my cabin for a little more than 2 weeks. did some kayaking, walking, and had lots of company. It was fun. will head back there in another week. I need to shop for new siding. :shock: big job.
Gma

Postby Doodle Do » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Hello all,

Hi Kitkat!! Glad you had a good couple of weeks at your cabin Gma! How was your run Helian?

I have done a hot humid 9 mile run - not pretty. My four legged friend didn't run with me as she is limping. I have no idea what she has done. She's so clumsy! I guess I will have to take her to the vets if she doesn't improve.

Now I really have to do housework!!
Doodle Do

Postby kitkat » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:08 pm

NICE! I just had to post "I miss Doodle" and there you are!!! Sorry about your doggie, hope she is better soon.
After 9 mile run - housework? Wow!

Gma - good to see you . Glad you had a nice time!!! I'm sure you got your exercise!
kitkat

Postby Gma » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:44 am

WOW, DOODLE! that is a big run on a hot humid day! It is a big run any day!

My contribution to the day has been to sit at the K table and go through papers and mail from being gone (and before). I have managed 3300 steps. It's been a long day of sitting and sorting papers, just a few bills to pay.
I did have some 15,000 step days at the cabin, many flights of stairs (43 one day), and lots of fun with my kayak. It moves so easily, it is hardly exercise.
Gma

Postby Gma » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:13 am

I focused on steps today - made it to 11,100, plus plenty of up and down stairs. (helping mother with her laundry)
Gma

Return to SHEs in Shape