May Day, let your exercise bring you peace, May 15 - 20

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Postby kuruni » Mon May 15, 2017 12:01 pm

It's all about giving ourselves the opportunity to meet a challenge, and, whatever happens, doing more than we would have.
State your exercise plans for the week then post when you've done it. You can be as specific or as vague as you like in your plans. Be realistic in your goals - if you're not used to exercising or just getting back into it start off small - remember Baby Steps! At the end of the week add up your total and see how you did!
( removed the non working links and added a new one on top - for a smile :D It's "the walrus workout"
LINKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXJl1fu ... re=related (check this out, it will bring you a smile!)

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/tibetan-rites-practice

https://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness.html

http://www.limyoga.com/

http://www.irun.ca
kuruni

Re: May Day, let your exercise bring you peace, May 15 - 20

Postby helian » Mon May 15, 2017 3:36 pm

thanks for starting us off, kuruni!

My schedule has eased up this week since I'm done teaching at the moms group, not hosting overnight guests, and I'm not working at payroll this month. So, I'm going to add one more barre class to my exercise schedule this week and see how that goes.

My exercise plan this week:
M - Run 4 miles flat
T - Run sprints. Yoga class in the evening.
W - Barre class
Th - Run the arb hill OR run in our neighborhood, which is hilly
F - REST DAY
Sa - Run 8.5 or 9 miles. See how it goes. Start early before it gets too hot.
Sun - REST DAY
helian

Postby kuruni » Tue May 16, 2017 12:07 pm

Helian: that is an ambitious exercise plan for the week. I wish I was that constistently motivated :)

Went to the eyes doctor yesterday to get drops for dilatation of the pupilla. That was such an incomfortable feeling. I ended up sitting on the couch with my sunglasses on.

W: on my 2nd 0,75l bottle of water at work + cup of herbal tea
A: 20 min halfway to work. 20 min walk during lunch break. Planning to walk back home, so, another 20 min
T: Vitamins, minerals, 1x coffee with skimmed milk, no sugar. Bread buns with cheese and cold cut and cherry tomatoes. Lunch: veggie soup with poultry saussages. Dessert: curd cheese with banana. Snack: corn waffles if at all. Dinner: veggie mix or salad with protein.
E: Focus on more exercise ! Drink water !
R: TV show with DS

For motivation, my colleague and I decided to challenge each other and do some exercise tomorrow morning BEFORE work. We will see :lol:

Have a nice day :)
kuruni

Postby Gma » Wed May 17, 2017 5:34 am

helian, you have such a great plan, and you follow it!

kuruni, thanks for starting us off. Walking to work is ambitious! good for you. (I had to drive 15 miles, and never returned home before midnight so that was never an option for me!)

I hope kitkat is enjoying her gkids!

I lost my fitbit for 3 days, so have no idea what I did. Happy to find it tonight! I had 18 steps on it when I left my house to bring mother supper. (and help her) I now have almost 2000 steps and 5 flights of stairs. That is in just 2 hrs of the day. I feel like I did close to 10k, and know that I did many many flights of stairs for my laundry and mothers before I found it.

I wonder if butterfly will stop by
Gma

Postby kuruni » Wed May 17, 2017 11:55 am

Gma: good that you found your fitbit again. Although with all your daily activities, you don't need it to know :)

Yesterday's step count : 9,6k, not sure how I managed that but hey I won't argue :D

W: more than a liter of water down already + cup of herbal tea
A: 30 min on home bike before work (I won challenge :) ) 10 min halfway to work. 20 min walk during lunch break. Planning to walk back home, so another 20 min hopefully
T: Vitamins, minerals, 2x coffee with skimmed milk, no sugar. Piece of cake :oops: Rye bread with cold cut and cherry tomatoes. Lunch: leftovers from yesterday, veggie mix with poultry saussages and gnocchis. Dessert: curd cheese with banana. Snack: corn waffles if at all. Dinner: veggie mix or salad with protein.
R: TV show

Have a nice day all :)
kuruni

Postby Gma » Wed May 17, 2017 5:03 pm

kuruni,
you may have a piece of cake now and then!
Gma

Postby kitkat » Thu May 18, 2017 3:56 am

Better late...

Thanks for the start kuruni - we all enjoy a piece of cake every now and then:)
Nice numbers!
helian
we'll be cheering you on! You are doing great with your training!
Gma
we KNOW you're stepping (with or without Fitbit)
Yes, indeed, I was enjoying my little people:) Got some good workout out of taking them to places...
Sunday: 8,600 steps plus Ping-pong
Monday: 9,300 steps
Tuesday: 7,500 steps plus Pilates
Wednesday: 7,800 steps (some, while carrying sleeping DGD )
kitkat

Postby jehanne2 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:26 am

Nice to know you are enjoying your Gbabies, Kitkat! Mine were up for Mother's Day, and spent an extra day-- that was nice! :D

Been too busy to keep up with steps, but today I got about 8000.

I'm tired, and going to bed. *Waving good-night to y'all! :mrgreen:
jehanne2

Postby kuruni » Fri May 19, 2017 11:20 am

jehanne Hope you had a restful night, we had storm with lots of thunder.
kitkat you are always so consistent, well done

Yesterday's step count : *drum rolls* 10.5k ! Yes, and today I feel every single one of them in my bones lol

W: on my first bottle of 0,75l water only + cup of herbal tea. Need to improve.
A: 20 min to work. Planning to walk back home, so another 20 min hopefully.
T: Vitamins, minerals, 2x coffee with skimmed milk, no sugar. Rye bread with cold cut and cherry tomatoes. Lunch: Scalloped feta cheese and mixed salad. Dessert: maybe one scoope of ice cream. Maybe. Snack: corn waffles if at all. Dinner: veggie mix or salad with protein.
R: It is Friday !

Have a nice day all :)
kuruni

Postby helian » Fri May 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Thanks kitkat and Gma! I can follow the plan b/c I'm not working payroll at the moment, and I have more time.
Congratulations on the step count, kuruni!
Well, that's a good step count without keeping up, jehanne.

I find that on days I don't run or run less than 3.5 miles, I typically don't get my 10K step count in. On Saturdays, when I run 6 - 9 (maybe) miles, I can get close to 20K. I think I got 20K once or twice.

My run yesterday wasn't the greatest. I ran the arb hill only once b/c of weariness and time constraints; I had to get the run in first thing b/c of the heat, and I had a meeting at 9 a.m. My pace was surprisingly OK, but I felt very tired the entire time. I'm not getting enough sleep. Maybe also having 4 work outs the previous 3 days was a bit much.

WW this morning said I'd gained 0.5 lbs. A bit frustrating and disappointing, though I wasn't the most careful with tracking my intake. I also don't fully track my activity; my fitbit communicates the step count, but I don't track it as running steps vs. walking steps. I'm still at goal and still at a healthy weight. I'd just like to be at a lower healthy weight. :)

I'm a little worried about my longer run tomorrow, especially since I've been feeling tired. Also, this was about the time in my last monthly cycle when I had my 8 mile debacle. I've always wondered if that was related. I do have anemia and take iron only during that week+ each month, so at this moment, I haven't taken any iron for about 3 weeks, and I don't know if that is another factor or not. Anyhow, I'll give it a shot tomorrow and listen to my body. I won't push for a fast pace.
helian

Postby Gma » Sat May 20, 2017 7:39 am

I walked around mother's yard and filled a 5 gal bucket with sticks. Couldn't ONE day go by without the trees shedding? And I didn't finish.
I did the same at my yard, only added picking dandelion puffs to decrease their spread.
And I mowed teh lawn and donated a box out of my basement
And I measured mother's fron yard for low fencing
and we went to Menards and Walgreen's
And I only made 9,000 steps. I think Mr Fitbit missed some!
Gma

Postby jehanne2 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:08 am

Good job, kuruni! Ikwym... If I even go over 7000 steps, I usually can tell by how my body feels. I hope one day soon, to be racking the steps up there with the rest of you all! :mrgreen:

Helian, I'm glad you are listening to your body. Sounds like you have a great plan! :D

Gma, Ikwym about missing steps! Sometimes when the grass is thick or soft, I am sure the steps don't get counted. I just can't believe you didn't pluck off the dandelion puffs and make videos of the little seeds flying away in the wind. :lol:

Busy day at the farmers' market, and a picnic afterward. Still only about 7500 steps. It was a nice day, though. A bit of rain this morning, but no terrible thunderstorms as they were predicting. Thank the good Lord! It was a school picnic for the last day of school-- for which I am also thankful!! Love the kids, but I also enjoy having more free time. :D
jehanne2

Postby kitkat » Sun May 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Oh jehanne - I'm sure you worked hard at the market:)
Our markets are starting now - I LOVE them. (I may have mentioned that... :lol: )
helian iron might be an issue or a contributor... Sleep is a HUGE factor.
0.5 lbs could be water gain, muscle gain - I tend to favour the latter. :mrgreen:
kuruni - I'm not as consistent as I'd like to be:) but thank you.
Yay for 10.5K!!!
Gma - Fitbit is not necessarily a true reflection of what we do... It is quite limited in some ways.

Thursday: Sculpt class , over 7,800 steps
Friday: 6,900 steps (some outdoor walking)
Saturday: Spin class, over 11,000 steps (some outdoor walking)
Sunday: over 9,700 steps, some on the track, and ping pong
kitkat

Postby Gma » Mon May 22, 2017 6:04 am

I love farmer's markets, too. Much more efficient gardening for 1 than trying to garden for myself when I have enver been a good gardener.

Grandson's bday yesterday, at our cabin, then today we put in 1/2 of the dock, which was enough work in the cold and rain. The other half will be done much later, but at least we can get onto the water now, and bring a deck chair down to sit and enjoy the water, watching the loons, and just enjoying the view. I did 12,000 s teps, just helping.
Gma

Return to SHEs in Shape