WEEKLY PLEDGES March 13th - March 18th, 2017

Welcome to our newest board! Post here to inspire others and be inspired to better your health. Some of the topics you may see discussed here are fitness, weight loss, and the importance of drinking water. Creating new healthy habits is much more fun when you have SHE friends with whom you can share your triumphs and struggles! Join the Fun!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, AlleyKat, Webwoman

Postby kuruni » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:04 pm

It's all about giving ourselves the opportunity to meet a challenge, and, whatever happens, doing more than we would have.
State your exercise plans for the week then post when you've done it. You can be as specific or as vague as you like in your plans. Be realistic in your goals - if you're not used to exercising or just getting back into it start off small - remember Baby Steps! At the end of the week add up your total and see how you did!
LINKS
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/tibetan-rites-practice
http://www.wholeliving.com/136188/melt- ... -tour#/end
http://www.self.com/fitness/workouts/20 ... -made-easy
http://www.healthzone.ca/health/dietfit ... art-health
http://www.oprah.com/health/Exercise-fo ... -and-60s_1
http://www.oprah.com/health/Bob-Greenes ... iness-Plan
http://www.oprah.com/health/Fitness-Tes ... ic-Fitness
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fit ... asp?id=102
http://itsallyogababy.com/2010/04/13/te ... -years-on/
http://gettinginshapeforthesummer.blogspot.com/
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fit ... sp?id=1296
http://www.limyoga.com/
http://www.realage.com/look-young-stay- ... n-60-days/
http://www.irun.ca
kuruni

Re: WEEKLY PLEDGES March 13th - March 18th, 2017

Postby kuruni » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Good morning Ladies,

A new week is here, plenty of possibilities to take care of ourselves !

Rehab sports class on Saturday went well. Was feeling it in my body all Sunday :lol: Shopping went well too, I found a top for my outfit for DD’s graduation ceremony, now looking for the right shoes :roll:

W: on my 2nd 0,75l bottle of water at work
A: 20 min to work. 20 min walk during lunch break. Planning to walk back home. Already informed DH no need to pick me up from work. Unfortunately fitness class has been canceled for today so need to find some courage and go on home bike later.
T: Vitamins, minerals, 2x coffee with skimmed milk, no sugar. 2 slices of toad with cheese and cold cut + hardboiled egg. Lunch: mixed veggies in the oven. Dessert: curd cheese with preserved cherries. Snack: Banana. Dinner: leftover oven veggies and spinach salad with mushrooms. Need to work on better vinaigrette.
E: Focus on calorie intake. Water is my friend !!!
R: Started new book. Earlier to bed.

Have a nice start into the new week :)
kuruni

Postby Gma » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:30 pm

I have to miss the fitness class every Monday because of Adult Study at church. So I am posting intention to take some time to warm up and do the exercises. I will save the aerobic part for my walk later.
Gma

Postby kitkat » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:09 am

Thanks for the start kuruni! Looking for the right shoes, might involve some steps:)
Gma - we all know you'll be active!

Yesterday: 6,800 steps including 2 miles with a Leslie DVD.
Today: 5,500 steps - Yoga DVD
kitkat

Postby Gma » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:53 am

(only 2 of the last 14 days have been <10k! My fitbit and my walking partner have made a big difference in my activity!)

I like the Leslie DVD too. I have teh 3 mile but have never completed it
Gma

Postby kuruni » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:04 pm

kitkat: I need to improve on my steps and shopping is a good opportunity :) I will take next monday morning off work to find the right shoes. Hopefully not in the first shop which might sound odd :lol: Well done on your step count. Do you prefer doing yoga with dvd rather than in a group or class ?
Gma: Awesome, really *applauds*

A: 20 min to work. 20 min walk during lunch break. Planning to walk back home, another 20 min
T: Vitamins, minerals, 2x coffee with skimmed milk, no sugar. Cereals with banana. Lunch: Leftover spaghetti-Bolognese. Actually more Bolognese with 4-5 spaghetti. A small piece of Salmon&Leek-Quiche. Dessert: Yoghurt with last of very ripe bananas. Snack: corn waffles. Dinner: Salad with protein.
E: Focus on calorie intake and more exercise ! Drink water !
R: Earlier to bed.

Have a nice day.
kuruni

Postby jehanne2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:36 am

Hi, y'all! 8)

Quick CI:

Mon: Mini T-tapp, 4500 steps
Tues: T-tapp, 4500 steps

We moved my milk cow to the farm to rest up before she has her next calf. But she still knows me! :D When she saw me the other day, she acted like, "How did YOU get here?" But today she wasn't so surprised... just hoped I had brought her a treat. :wink:
jehanne2

Postby kitkat » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:16 am

jehanne! - I was just thinking of you and there you are!
I hope you took a treat for that cow? She has surely earned it...
You are so consistent with your T-Tapp ! Wonderful!

kuruni I'm not crazy about shopping but like the fact that the steps add up quickly.
I prefer classes to DVDs but sometimes, DVDs are more manageable. (No transportation required:) )
You are so focused!

Gma I've several of Leslie's DVDs. When I could not get out to the gym, I'd do her 5 mile one... These days, I try to take classes whenever possible.
WTG on that step count!

Today:
Pilates class and 5,400 steps.
kitkat

Postby kuruni » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:54 pm

kitkat: I know that I wouldn't be consequent with a DVD. If I have to pay for a class that ensures that I will also attend :roll:
jehanne: On my way to work, there is sometimes a cat who "talks" to me (probably to others too). I greet her :)

Yesterday's step count: 10.2 k which include 30 minutes on home bike

A: 20 min to work. 20 min walk during lunch break. Planning to walk back home, another 20 min
T: Vitamins, minerals, 2x coffee with skimmed milk, no sugar. Rye bread bun with butter, poultry cold cut and hardboiled egg with cherry tomatoes. Lunch: Cauliflower rice with stir-fry mushroom chicken pan. Dessert: curd cheese with preserved cherries. Snack: corn waffles if at all. Dinner: Salad with protein.
E: Focus on calorie intake and more exercise ! Drink water !
R: try again for an early night.

Have a nice day.
kuruni

Postby kitkat » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:06 am

Great job kuruni

Today: A spin class - my step count is off as I was not wearing the fitbit for part of the day.
(under 5,000 steps)
kitkat

Postby Gma » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:17 am

you are all doing so great! And such interesting activities.
Jehanne, I love your animals! Give your cow a little scratchon teh forehead from me :D
kuruni, The social stimulation of a class is also a great reward. I am blessed to ahve a free class to attend one day a week, and a wonderful walking partner.
kitkat, it is great to see those steps add up on teh fitbit, but YOU know when you ahve done more :D I try to remember to put mine on my bra strap in teh morning when I get dressed. Then it doesn't get forgotten in a pocket.
I did my walk today, then went shopping with my mother, so steps added up to >13,000 today. I am going to have to change my goal pretty soon! I have hit 10,000 all but 2 days this month! But most of the steps come from my wlaking time, and I don't really want to increase that as I have other activities I want to do.
Gma

Postby kuruni » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Gma: you are lucky to have a walking buddy. Best motivation ever.
kitkat: with all the activities you do in addition to your steps, you would probably hit 15k every day

Yesterday’s step count: 7.8 k

A: 15 min home bike early in the morning ! 20 min to work. 20 min walk during lunch break. Planning to walk back home, another 20 min
T: Vitamins, minerals, 2x coffee with skimmed milk, no sugar. Cereals with skimmed milk and a banana. Lunch: veggie soup with one mini-poultry sausage. Dessert: Plain yoghurt with last of preserved cherries. Snack: corn waffles if at all. Dinner: Salad or vegetables with protein.
E: Focus on more exercise ! Drink water !
R: it is little friday today and we have the most beautiful spring weather

Have a nice day.
kuruni

Postby Gma » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:30 am

my Bone builders class has changed its name to Fit and Strong - they are participating in a research study, and this is a different set of exercises.
I shopped at Menards and HOme depot, so fair number of steps there cz they are so big.
And I walked at teh track, so I am >11,000, and just a few away from 12. I'll see if I do those last 500 before bed!

Want to limit my late nught "screen time" for better sleep, so will wign out.
Gma

Postby kitkat » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:35 am

Great work Gma and kuruni

Today: 6,500 steps plus Sculpting class.
kitkat

Postby kuruni » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Well done kitkat and Gma :)

Yesterday’s step count: 9,3k including 15 minutes on home bike

A: 23 min home bike early in the morning ! Went to the doctor then to work. 20 min walk during lunch break. Planning to walk back home, another 20 min
T: Vitamins, minerals, 2x coffee with skimmed milk, no sugar. Rye bread bun, sort of Panini with tomatoes and cheese. Lunch: leftovers, mashed potatoes, red cabagge, mushroom omelette. Dessert: Plain yoghurt with last of preserved cherries which I did not eat yesterday. Snack: nothing. Dinner: Salad or vegetables with protein.
E: Focus on more exercise ! Drink water !
R: today is a wonderful day, my DD has successfully passed her final high school exam. We are very proud of her

Have a nice day.
kuruni

Postby kitkat » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:56 am

CONGRATULATIONS to DD, kuruni - and to you - look at those numbers!!!

Today:
just over 5,100 steps and a Yoga DVD .
kitkat

Postby jehanne2 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Good job, y'all!! Congrats on keeping those numbers up! :mrgreen:

Kitkat, I did about the same as you, yesterday. Yoga and about 6200 steps. I was reading the comments about class vs. DVD, and decided to check again on classes in my area. I found that a fitness center about 30 mi. away has yoga classes on Mon. evening. But it wasn't Mon, so I found a YouTube video online, and decided to try a little yoga. OH. MY. I was SO glad I wasn't in a class!! :lol: I was laughing at myself so much, with my clumsy moves, that it made me even more inept. I was very glad no one could see me. I think I would want to practice at home a lot more before I joined a class. (It didn't help that I am still sore from overdoing it on my Gazelle one day last week.)

I didn't give my cow the treat she was expecting (grain, like I do when I milk her), because then I would have been trampled by about 50 cows. But I did give her a good head-rubbing. :)

Thurs: T-tapp, about 5200 steps
Fri: Yoga (if you can call it that :wink: ), 6200 steps
jehanne2

Postby kitkat » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:46 pm

jehanne - when I started yoga classes, my DD told me something that made a LOT of sense:
'nobody is looking at you - they're all busy with themselves' :lol:
And, it's true. Everyone is staring at their own image in the mirror - or at the instructor.
So, I don't worry about things like that. I like to be in a corner with nobody behind me but if that's not available, I'm OK with it. If you have an opportunity to go to a class, try it. With a good instructor it's a great experience. You can get adjustments, you can tell him/her about any physical issues you have so they can show you modified poses...

If I have a chance this weekend I'll post some good yoga links:)
kitkat

Postby jehanne2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:29 am

Thanks for the encouragement, Kitkat! :mrgreen:
I did find some step-by-step instructions and helps on grandparents.com. Looks like a good starting place.

Did a little shopping today, so a few more steps.

Sat: T-tapp, 6500 steps. Will also try a few yoga poses before going to bed. Gotta get that downward dog down :!: :lol:
jehanne2

Postby kitkat » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:24 am

Just be gentle with yourself jehanne - people get overzealous and hurt themselves doing yoga...

Today:
almost 11,000 steps including 2 miles with Leslie (DVD)
All of those inside the house! Doing major DC...
kitkat

Postby kitkat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:55 am

Such a beautiful day outside!
I walked to the community centre (and back) for a total of 1 mile (or thereabouts).
Played 30 minutes of table tennis with DH.
Did a lot of housework , moving furniture, cleaning etc. Total: just under 10,000 steps!
kitkat

Postby Gma » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:15 am

went to the cabin with my mother - 2+ hrs in the car, too cold and windy to walk outside after we got htere, so not many steps on Friday.
Went to builders show (looking for windows, patio door, deck furniture), came home late in the day. Just short of 10k - but didn't get home in time to see that and do those last 250 steps that would have given me a green bar.
So will start over with a new week and hope sometime to make a full week - 7 in a row - of 10k.
today I am only at 7500, even tho it was beautiful outside and I went for a nice 1.5 mile outdoor walk, the rest of the day didn't add many steps.
A new week starts tomorrow
Gma

Return to SHEs in Shape