Sunday, August 12th, 2018

Post by Pandora » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Image Good Sunday Morning Dear SHEs!

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Pandora

Re: Sunday, August 12th, 2018

Post by Pandora » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:18 pm

I've been up for over an hour having coffee and eagle watching. Mom and one of the eaglets were on N1 the original nest. Mom had a fish and the eaglet came flying in thinking it would get it from her but mom wanted it for herself. :lol: The three eaglets can fish for themselves now so they don't need mom to feed them. They should be leaving the area sometime in September or October.

I am going to make French Toast for breakfast this morning. I have a loaf of healthy multi-grain bread I need to use. It was BOGO this past week so I need to use it. We have sugar free syrup for DH.

Grammybug

Post by Grammybug » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:41 pm

Good morning, ladybugs.

I'm eating breakfast before heading to church. I have a lunch meeting and a mid-afternoon meeting, so I'll be gone all day.

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Your calendar stays pretty full Grammybug. You don't have much time at home.

We made our SAM's run to include a fill up at their gas station. I am so thankful we have A/C in our vehicle now. I would be drenched in sweat if we didn't.

Lady Sierra

Post by Lady Sierra » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:47 pm

HI! Just checked on the D Eagles also. Saw one in a tippy top branch and MomD was busy cleaning herself this morning. PAN , have you seen any sign of the guy who was hanging around them? I hope that will be her new mate. He looked like he was interested and that he could take orders well. :lol: That is so important. We ladies always know best - well, most of the time. :lol:

Today I am eating what I want to eat. Usually it is what MG wants. I made fried cornmeal mush with real corn meal. It is from Bob's Red Mill from Oregon. It is organic and stone ground and very good. Bob's stuff is all in plastic bags and he offers lots of good stuff. The cornmeal I have been buying for years doesn't even taste like corn. Also today at the Inn is Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. YEAH like I need that stuff! :roll: I do like it once in awhile and that is today.

Back to cornmeal. I think we don't have good cornmeal anymore is because it is all being sold to the Ethanol people and that is a farce.

Must get off of here and get some work done. I just keep putting so much off. :lol:

Grammybug

Post by Grammybug » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:54 pm

I ended up with a 2-hour break between meetings. I thought I might go up to my office and get a jump on the work week, but decided to come home instead.

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Sierra, DM (Decorah Male) was sitting on the Y branch at N1 nest (original nest) yesterday with Mom. I captured this screenshot. I think everyone is hoping they will mate and nest in N2B.

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Mom is at the back and DM is up front.

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:44 pm

Sierra, I have some Bob's Red Mill Red Lentils I need to cook. I've never had red ones I always buy regular green ones. I got these off of Amazon. Usually, the healthy food type places sell Bob's Red Mill products. I haven't bought any plain corn meal in ages. When I last made cornbread I bought the Krusteaz brand cornbread mix. My mother used to make the best cornbread in an iron skillet. I don't know how she made it but it was heaven crumbled up with buttermilk poured over it. It always had a really nice brown crust. Sure wish I had some.

Grammybug, Two hours was enough time to grab a nap :!:

I cleaned up the kitchen. DH usually does the dishes but I made a big mess cooking this morning and it was bothering me that dishes etc. were sitting around. He thanked me for doing them.

We need to go to our neighborhood grocery to get a few things.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:07 pm

enjoy your eagle watching pandi and Sierra!

good choice grammy1

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:08 pm

cornmeal and homemade baked beans are so divine!

Grammybug

Post by Grammybug » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:52 am

I didn't nap, Pandora. I needed to eat, and might have overslept. I'm home now -- stopped by the grocery first. Need to think through the week -- food and clothing choices.

Lady Sierra

Post by Lady Sierra » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 am

I have an iron skillet and I sure should get it out of the back of the cupboard and use it for things like corn bread and my fave - corn meal mush that is FRIED. Bob's Red Mill and Krusteaz are both products of the Pacific Northwest. I miss it so much up there. Did you know that the richest men in the world - Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos are both PNW residents. If I had my druthers and Seattle wasn't a mob scene on the freeways 24/7 I would live back there. Mr. Guy wouldn't be able to stand the rain but when you are from them it is kinda' built in. And, that is what makes it so beautiful and green and fresh. Enough of my bragging about home. (roots you know.)

I saved that beautiful picture of Mr and Mrs Decorah. I think they are a couple. I can hardly wait for the next season. :D

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:21 am

Sierra maybe you should ask him if he preferred the rain of the northwest or unrelenting snow of the northeast? :lol: I use my iron skillet a lot as well as my crock pot. I have yet to embrace the fad of the instapot :roll:

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:23 am

Grammy my clothing choices for depend on where I am working and how hot and humid it will be. I go from a sweltering storage area to a freezing office with with a/C and I need to dress in layers