Image Good Monday Morning Dear SHEs!

ImageImageImage

Pandora

Re: Monday, May 28th, 2018

Post by Pandora » Mon May 28, 2018 11:30 am

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Mon May 28, 2018 11:39 am

((Sierra)) Your turkey dinner sounded really good. You can only do what you can when you can.

Atlanticflyer, I can't believe you saying you're not a good cook. You make your meals sound so delicious!

Grammybug, What were you trying to find? Oh, by the way, the my fitness pal people had a serious data breach not too long ago. I was signed up with them before I started using Sparkpeople. They emailed me about it.

I "have to" do some laundry today. At least I don't have to spend so much time in the kitchen since we have plenty of leftovers.

Grammybug

Post by Grammybug » Mon May 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Good morning, ladybugs.

I need to find a new place to host images. I think I have some patriotic ladybugs, but can't use photobucket anymore for posting here. Pandora, what do you use?

The grocery items I'm looking for are both regular items with higher protein content -- BBQ protein chips and high-protein loaf bread. I have ways to add extra protein, like an extra yogurt, but these would replace something else that has less protein for a similar item.

Oh, and I slept nearly 11 hours last night. Back to the real world tomorrow.

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Mon May 28, 2018 4:19 pm

Grammybug, I use tinypic which is part of photobucket if I am not mistaken. Here is the link. http://tinypic.com/

I don't think I've heard of high protein BBQ chips but we've done a lot of looking at carb counts in bread due to DH's diabetes. Was there a particular brand you were looking for? We just had a Whole Foods Market open here but I haven't had a chance to look around. We went on opening day and it was too crowded to look.

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Mon May 28, 2018 4:22 pm

Grammybug I just googled high protein bbq chips and saw where GNC has some. Do you have a GNC there?

Grammybug

Post by Grammybug » Mon May 28, 2018 6:28 pm

Yes, there's a GNC in the mall, which I try to avoid -- the mall, that is. There's one that shows on the app with a different name near my work. I'll see if they carry the product. Sam's Club carries them. That's where I went yesterday, but mine doesn't have them. I tried them at DDIL's.

Grammybug

Post by Grammybug » Mon May 28, 2018 7:15 pm

Spent some time in the front yard pruning a few plants. Four of them had storm damage last September. I had pruned back the damage hoping they would thrive. They are doing much better, and I trimmed back the straggly parts. I also trimmed a poinsettia that had bloomed. I was hesitant since it's still pretty, but it's leggy, too. I also untangled my American flag that hangs on the house. I could untangle it every time I pass, as it's windy here.

I cut up some boxes for recycling. I'm working on cleaning out my garage. On Saturday I prepared a box and two larger items to drop off as giveaways, and filled 3 yard trash bags to throw away. One bite at a time . . .

Laundry has been started, and the dinner casserole I prepared last night will soon be in the oven. Need some lunch first.

Lady Sierra

Post by Lady Sierra » Mon May 28, 2018 7:58 pm

Just returned from an hour ride in the hotrod. It is so beautiful out today. I think our rain is gone for now. We went my favorite route which is Foothill Road along the foothills of the Sierras. We come out at Genoa, the first settlement in Nevada. The Pony Express used the same route to California. On this road are many beautiful ranches and luxury homes. Red Skelton had a home here for many years. When he appeared at the Lake he would stay in his home. Kathryn (Mrs. Bing) Crosby lived on this road. She is getting up in years so I don't know if she still has her home here or if she just lives in California now. There is a lot of history in this area. It is so beautiful here. :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful Memorial Day. Almost everyone in our park are flying our flag. I got Mr. Guy to put ours up. :D

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Mon May 28, 2018 8:22 pm

Great BIG way to GO on the decluttering and organizing Grammybug!
GNC might not have the same brand. I saw several different kinds of protein chips when I googled it.

Sierra, You are lucky to live in such a beautiful area.

We're still getting rain here. :?

I'm waiting on a few towels to dry and I'll be done.

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Mon May 28, 2018 9:01 pm

hope you can find the product grammy!

sierra sounds beautiful!

pandi I tend to burn food when I get distracted :oops:

I think alley still uses photobucket on here Grammy, I didn't know it couldn't be hosted?

Grammybug

Post by Grammybug » Mon May 28, 2018 9:52 pm

Photobucket was free, but now it asks for a subscription.

I'm done with the garage work for today. Ended up with 4 boxes in the car, plus a CD player and 2 lamps, and a few more things in the trash. I'm happy with the result for the long weekend.

Working on laundry. And dinner casserole is in the oven. I decided it was too early to put it in before.

Grammybug

Post by Grammybug » Tue May 29, 2018 2:24 am

Finished laundry, planned breakfast, packed lunch, paid monthly bills. Time for bed. Sweet dreams, all.