Re: Good morning it's Wednesday the 13th of September

Postby Pandora » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 am

Image Good Wednesday Morning Dear SHEs

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Pandora

Postby Pandora » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 am

I am very thankful Grammybug came through the storm safe with no damage to speak of. So sorry to hear your friend's home was flooded.

My thoughts and prayers are will all those who have either lost their homes completely or have had them flooded. Even with insurance, these things are hard to come back from. Prayers too for all the lives that have been lost. There are some heartbreaking stories from these two storms.

One of my husband's coworkers had a large tree fall on his house that put a hole in his roof. His deductible for hurricanes is some eight thousand dollars :( The good news for them is that his wife is a doctor that makes more than he does so they do have two good incomes.
Pandora

Postby Grammybug » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Good morning, ladybugs.

I am trying to reach out to others today, as my office still has no power, so I'm not at work. I put my wreath back on my front door, put the solar lights back along my walkway, and rehung my American flag this morning. There are just a few more small things to do to be back to my normal SHEness here at home.
Grammybug

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:06 pm

glad you are keeping busy grammy!

that is sad pandi!

wondering how mom and kids made out
atlanticflyer

Postby Pandora » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Good morning to you Grammybug.

I'm afraid my state of being a SHE is worse than anything that Pam & Peggy ever were. It's not "normal" at all.

I cleaned off the top of my dryer that got all dirty from having the cooler set on top of it to dry out. I had the fan blowing in the laundry room to dry it out so it won't get moldy closed up. I guess the bottom of it got all dirty when oldest took it outside to dump the water out of it. It doesn't have a spout thing to drain it with. I have a load of towels washing that should be about done. I've got toilet bowl cleaner soaking in the toilet. I still have some coffee in my mug I haven't finished yet. I am in serious need of a mental state that has the drive and desire TO DO. Some energy would be a good thing too. I need to make a dreaded phone call. I hate phones. I only talk on them when I'm forced to. That's not normal either.

Pandora

Postby Grammybug » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:35 pm

I keep finding things that I got out or moved for storm convenience. It took my three days to prepare, so I guess I shouldn't expect to put it all back quickly.

Making some lunch now, and grateful for power. We are having a prayer service at church tonight at 7 PM in a church building that has power. Offices are still out.
Grammybug

Postby Pandora » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:55 pm

I sure HOPE you get some decent natural light inside your church for a service at 7PM with not electricity.

Just got a notice that the public schools will be closed for the rest of this week due to hurricane Irma.

I put another load of laundry in to wash. Did a little picking up here and there. Tossed out a dead plant. I can't keep plants alive. I am trying to talk myself into getting out the vac which has yet to be repaired.
Pandora

Postby Grammybug » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Pandora, apparently the building we are meeting in has power, just not the offices.

One of our elementary schools was destroyed by fire yesterday after the power was restored. Power to the neighborhood quickly went out again. It took many hours to get the blaze under control.
Grammybug

Postby Pandora » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:44 pm

OH MY Grammybug :( That's terrible. I heard them talking about this very thing on CNN.....the dangers of electricity being out etc. I saw a house fire in Texas after Harvey and they were talking about it then too.

I made the dreaded phone call. I now have an appointment with my primary care doctor to discuss the situation with the blood pooling in my legs.
Pandora

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:34 pm

that is awful grammy!

pandi how are you making out with the stockings and elevating your feet? hope you can get some answers
atlanticflyer

Postby Austin_Granny » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:49 pm

Good evening, SHE land.

Guess I don't have to ask how Grammy's workday went ... she didn't have one again today. I think it's gonna take a long, long time for any part of FL to 'get back to normal.' Won't happen in quickly in Houston either or any place visited by Harvey.

I feel badly for anyone who lost property but perhaps feel even worse for those whose jobs disappeared.
Austin_Granny

Postby Mitzy's snl » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:28 am

Pandora, I hope your doctor can find something to help you other than what I have been doing this past month. You have too much on your plate already to do physical therapy several times a week. I've lost 2cm in my feet and legs so far. But it takes at least 2hrs with travel time. Insurance is now disputing over who should pay for me to get the equipment at home. They say Medicare should pay. Medicare says no. From what I hear, Medicare will lose in the end.
Mitzy's snl

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:50 am

Mitzy hope you get your equipment!

Agrayy so true. As clean up continues and power is out some people are deprived of much needed income they need to survive. Help us coming from Atlantic Canada in the form of power crews and a local Samaritans Purse group
atlanticflyer

Postby Grammybug » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:13 am

My offices are still closed tomorrow, as the power is still out in that part of our campus. We had a prayer, praise, and testimony service tonight. It was encouraging.
Grammybug

Return to Official SHEs in Touch Discussion Board