Projects we want to get to 15 minutes at the time

This board is for discussion of crafts, hobbies or home improvement projects. Enjoy!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Musicalcatlover

Re: Projects we want to get to 15 minutes at the time

Post by Musicalcatlover » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:54 am

Well, tomorrow is the legal eviction notice. Son seems to think they are moving tomorrow morning, and will help with packing and moving one of the vehicles.

My "interesting" medical condition decided to chime in, and I ended up in the ER of a different hospital than mine for 5 days. I went up to mine and they did a small surgery, which fixed the immediate problem. I basically lost 2 weeks of my life from this, but am finally feeling a bit better.
I get to have a set of daily treatments for 2 weeks M-F. :roll:
Oh, and I got a cortisone shot in my right wrist and that helped a bit.

SO, MAYBE I can slowly get this room straightened out and be able to work on the quilt again!

Gilli

Post by Gilli » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi Mcl, hope things are going ok for you now, house-wise and health-wise. Thanks for your advice about posting photos. I'll try again sometime, but right now I don't feel the same urgency. Here is a link to the pattern in case anyone is interested:

https://www.allfreeknitting.com/Christm ... cream-yarn

Gilli

Musicalcatlover

Post by Musicalcatlover » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:55 am

OKAY. It's been awhile. Praise God. The other people have moved out. Son is behaving better as well. :D
My DH sits in the LR and MARVELS at the peace & quiet (and so do I!)
I'm sorta feeling better, but it was radiation, and I had/have icky side effects. Hopefully, in a few weeks I'll be on the mend. :roll:
I'm taking things very slowly, as the fatigue hits, and there is NO arguing with it. I'm JUST DONE! Sunday afternoon 4 hour naps are a thing!

Projects:
Finish refinishing cabinet for TV =stain and polyurethane
Paint small blue room as construction work left an unfinished wall, and HEY let's change it up (Maybe son will do this IDK)
Move my clothing back into the blue room
Clean out computer room
Sew strips into blocks for J's quilt
Work on Summer weight crochet sweater for ME-
"Easy?" knit sweater-restarted AGAIN!-Work on this! It's knit from top down=on row 8 or 9 I think... increases are a bit confusing....
===========================================================================================================
Done in 2018:
Recital programs/treats/etc
N's quilt
TAXES! (Appointment 3/31 kept)
Baby quilt for college friend's daughter married last June-baby due mid May-Arrived May 5th
Rebekah's quilt
Chalk painted the big dresser in the "blue room" :D (I think this was pent up energy from several months) :lol:

Gilli

Post by Gilli » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:27 pm

Sadly I can't post any photos even if I was able to find a way to do it that works. That's because all my photos are on my iPad, which is currently dead. :( .

I am working on the second side of a tea cosy and also recently finished a small doll's jumper, which has gone, on the doll it was knitted for, into a Christmas shoe box. The jumper is a mini version of the fish-and-chip baby jumper a lot of people were knitting a few years ago.

Gilli

Musicalcatlover

Post by Musicalcatlover » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi, All. Hubby decided the ancient, horrible carpet should go. The flooring guys come Tuesday, and nice wood-looking floors installed. :)
I have to finish cleaning out the computer room before I allow myself to sew. :lol:

Projects:
Clean out computer room=WIP
"Easy?" knit sweater-restarted AGAIN!-Work on this! It's knit from top down=on row 8 or 9 I think... increases are a bit confusing....
===========================================================================================================
Done in 2018:
N's quilt
Baby quilt for college friend's daughter married last June-baby due mid May-Arrived May 5th
Rebekah's quilt
Chalk painted the big dresser in the "blue room" :D (I think this was pent up energy from several months) :lol:
Paint small blue room as construction work left an unfinished wall, and HEY let's change it up (Maybe son will do this IDK)

Musicalcatlover

Post by Musicalcatlover » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 am

Projects:
Mystery quilt class homework X2
Done in 2018:
Nick's quilt
Rebekah's quilt
Clean out computer room

Gilli

Post by Gilli » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:56 am

Was in County Galway for a weekend with dh and his bother and made a lot of progress with my tea cosy, but haven't looked at it since. I have lots of dish cloths on the go, but don't work on them very often. I found a pattern which has some rows missing, unfortunately. I'm hoping a friend and her daughter - both very creative - will be able to rise to the challenge of designing something for the gap. I had written the pattern down in a notebook and at some point had written 'Rows ?-? see separate sheet of paper' and I have no idea where that sheet of paper is.

Gilli