Reading...what do you like to read?

This board is for discussion of crafts, hobbies or home improvement projects. Enjoy!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

Gilli

Re: Reading...what do you like to read?

Post by Gilli » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:00 pm

Sycreviewed uzee wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:55 pm
GIli...I'd call that being open=minded and ready to check out new ideas. Are there some books that you just know will be good, or not interesting, after you've read a few pages? Or do you read further just to see if the book changes or gets better?
Suzee, in another book forum I am in they say it’s ok not to read books you’ve been gifted if it’s not a genre you’d choose for yourself, but I can’t go with that. I think I know with most books if I’ll enjoy them or not, but sometimes I surprise myself.

Still reading that Jan Karon book - shows how often I get my counter tidied and cleaned lol. Also The Flight of the Heron - based on the Jacobite Wars - and Knight with Armour - based on the 11t h century Crusade to Jerusalem.

Gilli

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:14 am

Just finding this. I like police procedural, true crime and history. I also loved Karin and Rivers

Gilli

Post by Gilli » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:19 pm

Have you read any of John Grisham’s books, Af?

I recently finished The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams and am now reading What Happens in London by Julia Quinn, both purchased from a charity book table at a local supermarket.

Gilli

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:28 am

I have read some of his books and really enjoyed them. Are your books fiction or non fiction?

Gilli

Post by Gilli » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi Af, |I read a Grisham book which my son gave me and to my surprise enjoyed it. Just recently I bought a copy of Grisham's first book, A Time to Kill from the aforementioned book table and also enjoying that.

The other two books I mentioned are both fiction. The Plague Dogs is about 2 dogs who escape from an animal testing centre in the Lake District. Richard Adams was famous for writing Watership Down. I am currently reading his autobiography. What Happens in London is set in Regency London and is about a young woman and her relationship with a young man who lives in the house opposite. It's very funny.

Gilli

atlanticflyer

Post by atlanticflyer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:37 am

Sounds like great booksGilli!