Breads, Rolls, Muffins, etc

Please share your favorite recipes and cooking tips!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

LadyHawke

Breads, Rolls, Muffins, etc

Post by LadyHawke » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:51 am

I managed to grab a few of these too....please add your own here...one post per recipe!!

LadyHawke

Post by LadyHawke » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:56 am

Paulette's Banana Bread
This is my favourite Banana Bread Recipe in the whole world!

My mom's best friend, Paulette, used to have it at her home all the time.
Paulette was diagnosed with a heart problem, and died only a few weeks after being diagnosed.
However, she did manage to write me her recipe for her wonderful banana bread!
I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!! ~ Tambrey

2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour

4 eggs, beaten
1 1/3 cups Crisco
3 cups white sugar
6 ripened bananas
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla

1 cup walnuts (optional)
~~~OR~~~
12 ounces chocolate chips (optional)

Grease and flour 3 or 4 loaf pans, depending on size of pans and how thick you like your bread.
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine baking soda, salt and flour in a small bowl, set aside.
Combine eggs, Crisco, sugar, bananas, milk and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
Gradually add dry ingredients until well blended.
If adding nuts or chips, do so after all other ingredients are blended.

Divide evenly between pans and bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 5 minutes in pan, then turn out onto wire rack to continue cooling.
Makes 3-4 loaves, depending on pan size.

It freezes well too...after completely cooled....wrap thoroughly in saran wrap, making sure there is no space anywhere between the bread and wrap, then foil around that and freeze.

LadyHawke

Post by LadyHawke » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:16 am

Feather Rolls
when you have a bit of leftover mashed potatoes after supper, make these up to serve the next day!
Very fluffy and light rolls.

ingredients
1-1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup hot mashed potatoes
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon instant yeast
4-1/2 to 5 cups bread flour

In a large bowl, mix water, sugar, potatoes, oil, salt yeast and 2 cups of flour.
Add remaining flour and stir by hand.
Dough should be a little bit sticky.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Three hours before serving...
Remove from refrigerator and with oiled hands, form 20-24 small rolls.
Place on greased cookie sheet.
Let rise until doubled in size.
Bake at 350 degrees (F) until golden, about 15-20 minutes.
DO NOT OVERBAKE.
Brush tops with margarine whrn out of the oven.

LadyHawke

Post by LadyHawke » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:17 am

Balloon Biscuits

ingredients
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon
2 packages (10 each) refrigerated biscuits
20 large marshmallows

spray a large baking sheet with nonstick vegetable spray.
Mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl
roll or pat each biscuit to enclose a marshmallow, pinch to seal the edges.
Coat with butter then cinnamon and sugar mixture

place seam down on baking sheet
bake on middle rack in 425 degree (F) oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

When done, the marshmallows will have disappeared, leaving a sweet hollow shell.

variations
use a chunk of banana instead of a marshmallow...the bottom will be sticky, chewy and yummy!

LadyHawke

Post by LadyHawke » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:57 am

These are sooo easy and soooo good!!

Cheddar Drop Biscuits

2 cups low-fat (Heart Healthy) Bisquick
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 fat-free milk
cooking spray
2 Tbsp. reduced-calorie margarine, melted
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes

combine baking mix and cheese in a bowl, make a well in the center and add milk, stirring just enough to moisten the dry ingredients.

Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.

Bake at 450F for 8-10 minutes or until golden and puffy.

Combine margarine, garlic and parsley and brush over biscuits.

I make changes with various cheeses in the biscuits, and 2% milk...I use real butter because I do not like margarine, and I use crushed garlic in a jar and McCormick's Salt-Free All Purpose Seasoning

Hopeful

Post by Hopeful » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:56 pm

ORANGE POPPY SEED MUFFINS

got this recipe from http://www.Cooks.com

1 whole orange, ends cut off, sliced
1/4 c. orange juice
1/2 lemon, sliced
3 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract
3/4 c. buttermilk (skim may be substituted)
1 c. sugar
3 2/3 c. flour
2 tbsp. poppy seeds
1 tsp. soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt

Cut ends off orange and slice. Seeds need not be removed. Slice lemon. Put orange, orange juice and lemon in blender. Don't peel either orange or lemon; puree. Combine eggs, oil, vanilla, almond extract, puree and buttermilk; mix until smooth.

Add sugar, flour, poppy seeds, soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until just smooth. Fill greased muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 23 minutes.

Karennabop
Location: We can't avoid the storms, but we can learn to dance in the rain.

Post by Karennabop » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:39 am

Apple-Cranberry Spice Muffins
1 1/3 cups flour
½ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves
pinch of salt
2 eggs
¼ cup canola oil
1 cup sour cream
1 large tart apple, diced small
½ cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
½ cup dried cranberries

Heat the oven to 400° F. Grease the bottoms of 12 standard muffin cups. (or 6 "Texas-size" muffin cups)
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, and sour cream until well blended. Add the egg mixture, apples, walnuts (if you're using them), and dried cranberries to the dry ingredients. Stir just until the batter is blended, then divide it among the muffin cups.
Bake the muffins for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes before removing them.
Makes 1 dozen.
from Family Fun

*if the batter seems a bit dry, add a few Tbsp of milk to get the right consistency.* I have to make a liquid adjustment in almost everything becuse I live in a very arid climate, but this may not be a problem where you live.

Karennabop

Post by Karennabop » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:41 pm

*original post by Hopeful Housewife*

Beer Bread
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Pour in beer, stir until a stiff batter is formed. It may be necessary to mix dough with your hands. Scrape dough into prepared loaf pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.

*posted by LaurenOlivia*
YUM! I love beer bread, especially with Chili.

You know, I like to add a couple handfuls of grated cheddar to ours, it's very yummy!

Karennabop

Post by Karennabop » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:59 am

*original post by Stitchwort*

Rhubarb Bread
One-third cup sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 and a half cups brown sugar
2/3 cup butter, melted, or vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup sour milk or buttermilk
1 and a half teaspoons baking soda
2 and a half cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 and a half cups rhubarb, cut small
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine sugar, 1/4 cup nuts, butter and cinnamon. Set aside for topping.

Preheat oven to 350 F.

In large bowl, mix together brown sugar, melted butter, egg, sour milk and baking soda.

Sift flour together with salt and blend into brown sugar mixture.

Fold in rhubarb, vanilla and remaining nuts.

Spread in 2 buttered 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pans.

Sprinkle with topping. Bake 45 minutes.

My DH used to make this. It freezes well too.

Karennabop

Post by Karennabop » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:02 am

*Original post by Supermama*

Sandwich For A Crowd
Recipe By : Taste of Home
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Sandwiches And Burgers

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 loaves unsliced Italian Bread -- (about 1 lb. each)
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese -- softened
1 cup (4oz) shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
12 to 14 thin slices dill pickle

Cut the bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out top and bottom of loaves, leaving a 1/2" shell (discard bread or save for another use).

Combine cheeses, onions, mayo, and Worcestershire; spread over cut sides of bread. Layer ham and roast beef on bottom and top halves; place pickle on bottom halves. Gently press halves together.

Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1-1/2" slices.

Karennabop

Post by Karennabop » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:23 am

*Original post by FreeAtLast-WW*

Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe starts out with a basic recipe for rich hot rolls, so use this one or your favorite depending on taste and preference. It is a bit time-consuming, so I sometimes make this the day before and stick it in the fridge and then take it out in the AM so it can warm to room temp and rise a bit.

Dough Ingred's
3/4 c milk
1/2 c butter/marg/shortening (I use marg bc we have it on hand more often.)
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp salt
2 pkgs dry yeast or equivalent
1/2 c warm water (110-115F)
4 1/2--4 3/4c sifted all-purpose flour
2 eggs

Scald milk then add butter sugar and salt. Let cool to room temp. Sprinkle yeast on warm water and stir to dissolve. Add 1 1/2 c flour to milk mixture beat 1 min beat in eggs and yeast. Gradually add remaining flour until a soft dough forms which leaves the side of the bowl. Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead until smooth, satiny and no longer sticky, or as I like to think soft like a baby's bottom, a beautiful dough. Place dough in greased bowl, turn dogh over to grease top, and cover with a moist towel. Place bowl in warm place free of drafts and let rise until doubled. (In the oven with a couple pans of hot water is ideal, shutting the door of course. ) This dough makes WONDERFUL dinner rolls, my family uses a simlar recipe for holiday meals.

The risen dough is then punched down, divided in 1/2 and each 1/2 can be rolled into a rectangle 16x8 in or whatever dimentions will fit into your pans. In a separate bowl, combine the filling ingred's:
1 c sugar
1/2 c melted butter
1 TBS cinnamon
1 TBS nutmeg

Spread 1/2 of the filling ingred's on one rectangle followed by a generous sprinkling of raisins and your fav nut (I use walnuts.) Roll length-wise as for a jellyroll (I've never made one, but that's what the recipe says). Seal edges and cut into 1in thick slices. Place slices side down in a greased round or square 9x9in baking pan (I use 2 heart-shaped pans, bc that's what I have.) Repeat the previous assembling steps with second 1/2 of dough and then set the pans in the fridge for the next day, covered, OR let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled. Bake 375F for 20-25 mins or until lightly browned and the centers are done. I make a simple icing with powdered sugar and a bit of milk and pour it on when the rolls are still warm. These are good warm, room temp or cold.

Karennabop

Post by Karennabop » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:27 am

Tomato Bread
No wait! This is really good, if a bit unusual. It turns out slightly orange, and is very hearty and good toasted or warmed with a bit of butter or cheese on top. Mmmmmm...

Ingred's
2 c tomato juice (V8 is what I use.)
1 stick butter/margarine
1/4 c ketchup/catsup, or however you spell it personally.
1 pkg dry yeast
1/4 c warm water (110-115F)
7 c sifted all-purpose flour (approx.)

Heat juice and butter in a pan until butter is melted, cool to room temp. Sprinkle yeast on warm water, stir to dissolve. Pour tomato mixture and yeast into lg bowl. Add 3 c flour and beat scraping bowl occasionally until smooth. Mix in enough remaining flour a little at a time, to make a soft dough that leaves the side of the bowl. Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic about 10 minutes. Place in greased bowl turn dough over to grease top, and let rise covered in warm, draft free place until doubled 1-1 1/2 hrs. Punch down and divide in 1/2. Let dough rest for 10 mins. Shapr dough into loaves and place in 2 greased looaf pans. Cover and let rise a second time until doubled. Bake in 400F oven approx 35 min or until bread tests done.

Karennabop

Post by Karennabop » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:28 am

Oatmeal Bread
This is such a wonderful bread, I have used it to make bread pudding and baked french toast, delicious! There is usually not much left over, however.

Ingred's
2 c milk
2 c dry oats/oatmeal
1 c sugar
1 tsp salt
1 stick butter/margarine
1 pkg dry yeast
1/2 warm water (110-115F)
5 c all-purpose flour

Scald milk and stir in oats, sugar and butter, stir until combine and cool to room temp. Sprinkle yeast on warm water, stir to dissolve. Pour oat mixture and yeast into lg bowl add 2 c flour and beat scraping bowl occasionallly, until smooth, about 2 mins. Add enough remaining flour until a soft dough forms which leaves the sides of the bowl. Turn onto floured surface and knead 8-10 mins or until dough is smooth and elastic. Place in grased bowl, turn over to grease top. Cover and let rise 1 hr 15 min or until doubled. Punch down dough and let rise again until nearly doubled. Turn dough onto surface and divide in 1/2. Allow dough to rest 10 mins. Shape into loaves and place in greased pans. Cover pans and let rise a 3rd time until almost doubled. If desired, brush tops of loaves with eggwash and sprinkle a bit of dry oats on top for decoration. Bake 375F approx 40 mins. If bread browns too much, cover lightly w/ sheet of foil after baking 15 mins.

Karennabop

Post by Karennabop » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:31 am

Golden Cornbread
This version is tender and sweet. If sweet cornbread is not your thing, you could decrease the sugar to 1/4c or leave it out altogether. I think the sugar is partly responsible for the tender crumb however. This recipe is also very easy to make in double, triple, etc. batches. It makes wonderful muffins, which are often a neater alternative for travel, as well as for serving to a crowd or children...or in my case, both

1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c sugar
4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 c yellow cornmeal
2 eggs
1 c milk
1/4-1/2 c butter/marg/shortening (depending on preference and what's on hand)

Mix all ingred's in bowl until only slightly lumpy. Pour into a greased loaf pan or 9x9 in baking pan. Bake 425F 20-25 mins or until knife stuck in center comes out clean. Easy. I love this recipe.

Karennabop

Post by Karennabop » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:33 am

Honey Whole Wheat Bread
This is the recipe my biological mom made for me when I was little. I have adjusted it a bit to improve flavor and my kids LOVE this. If you toast it a bit and add some butter and honey on top, it's very Teddy Bears' Picnic I think.

2 pkgs active dry yeast or equivalent
5 c warm water
1 cube butter
1 c honey
4 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c dry baby cereal in box
1/2 c powdered milk
1 tsp salt
6 1/2 - 8 c all-purpose flour

Sprinkle yeast on 1/2 c warm water, stir to dissolve. Melt butter in lg saucepan add honey and remaining water. Combine wheat flour, baby cereal and dry milk into the honey mixture. Cool to room temp. Pour honey mixture into lg bowl. Add yeast and beat to blend. Mix in enough flour, a bit at a time, to form a dough that leaves the side of the bowl. Turn dough onto floured surface and knead until smooth satiny and little bubbles appear, approx 8-10 mins. Place dough into greased bowl, turn to grease top. Let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hrs. Punch down. Divide dough into 3rds. Cover and let rest 10 mins. Shape portions of dough into loaves and place in greased loaf pans. Cover and place in a warm, draft-free place to rise. (I usually let it rise a second time in bowl and the texture is wonderful. Those in high altitudes may want to try this.) Bake in 375F oven as soon as the dough reaches the top of the pans. Bake approx 45mins. Cover loosely with foil the last 20 mins if necessary to prevent excess browning.

Karennabop

Post by Karennabop » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:41 pm

I have a recipe from an old Farm Journal bread cookbook.

Hot Cross Buns
1/4 c milk
1/3 c sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 c shortening
2 pkgs active dry yeast
1/2 c warm water
3 eggs
4 c sifted all-purpose flour
3/4 c currants
1 egg white
1 tsp cold water

scald milk. Add sugar salt and shortening. Beat at meduim speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in currants and enough remining flour a bit at a time to make a soft dogh that is easy to handle. Beat well. Place in lightly greased bowl, turn to coat top. Cover and let rise until doubled 1 1/2 hrs. Punch down. Turn onto lightly floured board. Roll or pat to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into rounds with 2 1/2 in biscuit cutter. Shape cutouts into buns. Place 1 1/2 in apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled about 1 hr. With a sharp nice, cut a shallow cross on the top of each bun, brush with egg wash Bake at 375F 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on racks 5 min. with the tip of a spoon, fill in crosses with white frosting. (Or pipe it in) Makes 18.
Last edited by Karennabop on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karennabop

Post by Karennabop » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:43 pm

*Original post by flutteringinga*

Hot Cross Buns
Adapted from Jean Pare
Makes 18 buns
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
2-1/2 tsp yeast
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup currants
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour (may use up to 1 cup more)
1/2 cup vanilla or cream-cheese frosting
1. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat on the stove top, or in a Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave, gently heat the milk until bubbles form around the surface edge. Remove from heat and allow to cool until just warm (70-80ºF).
2. Dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar in the warm water. Set aside.
3. While the yeast mixture is resting, cream together the butter and sugar.
4. Beat in the egg, salt, and cinnamon.
5. Stir in the milk.
6. Beat in the 1 cup of flour.
7. Stir in the yeast mixture.
8. Stir in the currants.
9. Add in the 2-1/4 cups flour.
10. Knead for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic, adding just enough flour to keep the dough from sticking, but still very soft.
11. Cover dough and allow to rise until doubled in bulk.
12. Grease/prepare two 8″ (square or round) baking pans.
13. Deflate dough.
14. Divide dough into 18 equal parts, and shape each into a ball.
15. Arrange in pans. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and a clean tea-towel, and allow rolls to rise til doubled.
16. With a sharp knife, carefully cut the tops of each roll to make a cross. (Optional.)
17. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 400ºF.
18. Remove to racks to cool.
19. Put frosting into a resealable plastic sandwich bag. Snip off one corner.
20. Pipe on frosting crosses.

Karennabop

Post by Karennabop » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:11 pm

*Original post by CountryCook*

Reduced Fat Homemade Bisquick Mix (From Healthy Exchanges)
8 cups flour(I used 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat blend)
1/4 cup baking powder
3 tab Splenda ( I used sugar -didn't have Splenda)
1 Tab salt( I used 1/2)
1 1/3 c. Dry non-fat Powdered milk
2/3 cup Canola oil.
In a large mixing bowl ( I only make 1/2 batch at a time ) combine all the dry ingred . Then drizzle oil over the dry ingred and mix it in with pastry blender or fingers( I have a large Kitchenaid mixer that works great) until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Store in covered container in refrigerator. Yields aprox 10 cups . Use same as Reduced Fat Bisquick.

Karennabop

Post by Karennabop » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:20 pm

*Original post by CountryCook*

Shredded Wheat Bread
This is a great bread recipe. I make it for my husband to take for sandwiches-slice great, stays nice and moist for a long time.

Pour 2 c. boiling water over 3 large Shredded Wheat biscuits( or you can use 3 c. mini shrdded wheat ). Stir and add 1 tsp salt, 1/3 c. molasses, 1/3 c. sugar( or honey) ,3 tab oil,. Let set til lukewarm. Then put 1 tab yeast in 1/2 c warm water . Add along with 6-6 1/2 c. flour . I use part whole wheat and sometimes add a cup or two of oats to the Shredded wheat mixture in the beginning.Knead, then let rise for aprox 1 hr. Shape into 2 loaves and let rise again -approx 1/2 hr. Bake 375 for 45-55 min til tests done. Enjoy. This recipe can be halved and done in your bread machine .

Hopeful

Post by Hopeful » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:03 pm

Amish Friendship Bread
(Takes 10 Days)
325*

Starter:
1 C milk
1 C flour
1 C sugar
Combine in a plastic bowl with air tight lid or in a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Store on the counter, not in the fridge.

Day 1 ~ Do nothing
Day 2 ~ Do nothing
Day 3 ~ Stir with wooden spoon or “kneadâ€

LadyHawke

Post by LadyHawke » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:04 am

originally posted by Teeny

Christmas Eve Shortcut Cinnamon Buns
Makes 20 buns

These are made the night before and popped in the oven Christmas
morning when the kids are attacking their stockings!

20 unbaked frozen dinner rolls (Bridgeport is a brand I have used)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, melted

Lightly grease a 10 inch bundt cake pan. Place frozen
rolls into the pan and sprinkle with brown sugar, the pudding mix,
and cinnamon. Pour melted butter over the top. If you don't have a
bundt pan, you can use a muffin tin, but they turn out better in a
bundt pan.

Cover with a clean, damp cloth and leave overnight at room
temperature to rise.

In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Bake rolls for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Turn rolls out onto a serving plate and dig in!

LadyHawke

Post by LadyHawke » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:04 am

originally posted by SmallVoice

Cinnamon Buns

It's not the one from FlyLady but it seems to be similar. I used it for Christmas morning. It's from kraftfoods.com:

1 loaf frozen white bread dough (thawed)
6 Tbsp melted butter
1 Cup crushed Post Select Maple Pecan cereal
1/4 Cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp milk

Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to form a 9 inch square. Brush with 2 Tbsp of the butter. Mix remaining 4 Tbsp butter with cerreal, brown sugar, and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the dough.

Roll dough starting with a long side. Moisten end and pinch to seal. Cut into 9 slices. Arrange slices in greased 9-inch square baking pan. Cover with a towel and let rise for 1 hour (or until doubled).

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake 20-22 minutes until lightly browned. Mix powdered sugar, milk, and remaining 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Drizzle over slightly cooled rolls. Serve warm.

Good luck!!

LadyHawke

Post by LadyHawke » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:12 am

originally posted by sandyak

BREAD MACHINE RECIPE

Sweet Bread

1 +1/4 cups water
3 cups white flour
2 tablespoons dry milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1+1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
1+1/2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 2 tsp. active dry yeast.

Put it all in the machine and push start.....

Hope this helps.

LadyHawke

Post by LadyHawke » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:17 am

originally posted by Luvschweetheart

Pepperoni Bread
1 quick and easy pizza crust rolled out into a 11x16 rectangle (or your fav. pizza crust)
1/4 lb pepperoni
1/2 lb moz. cheese
3 eggs beaten
3 oz. Parmesean cheese
1 TBs Italian seasoning.

Combine the eggs, parmasean cheese, and seasoning. Spread part of this over the rectangle. Layer the pepperoni and then the cheese. Fold into thirds and place seam side down onto a greased cookie sheet. Spread remaining mixture over top of loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

LadyHawke

Post by LadyHawke » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:18 am

originally posted by Luvschweetheart

Quick and Easy Pizza Crust
1 pkg active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees)
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 Tb oil
1 tsp salt

1. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 mins.
2. Stir in 2 cups flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. (I usually add a cup at a time) Let rest for 5 minutes.
3. turn dough onto lightly floured surface (knead in extra flour if needed) then roll out to desired size.