meal planning 101?

Please share your favorite recipes and cooking tips!

Moderators: atlanticflyer, funmumlu, Zygorp, butterfly, AlleyKat

UnaVidaCambia
Location: Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

meal planning 101?

Post by UnaVidaCambia » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:01 am

Meals seems to be one of the biggest ??? for me right now (if you don't 'know' me, my dh passed away 3 weeks ago) For the better part of 2010, or longer, meal planning was "if dh will eat/tolerate it, make it" and if it wasn't something I liked, or it was too late/early in the evening for me to eat, I'd just have a bowl of soup and/or a sandwich. Dh's eating schedule and tastes were very ...changeable... and hard to plan for (mainly because of the meds he was on). And for the last 6 months we've only had a mini fridge (2cubic feet - think dorm room fridge size or hotel mini-bar size) without a freezer - I got a new fullsize fridge delivered last week, so for the first time since last summer I can actually have more than a 1/2 gal milk, 6 eggs, and a few small containers of other perishables in the house!

I don't know how to do this meal thing anymore. I'm not even sure how to answer "what do you want for dinner?" because it's been so long that it mattered what I wanted for dinner. (fwiw, during the week, breakfast & lunch are at work, so it's just dinner at home)

help?